What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Presidential Candidates in 24 years? (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Looking back at everyone who has run for president since 1992, would you vote for either of the 2016 candidates over anyone who has run prior? I'm just shocked at how mind-numbingly bad this field is in 2016. Please specify in thread.

Clinton

HW Bush

Perot

Dole

W Bush

Gore

Kerry

Obama

McCain

Romney

Last edited by a moderator:
if I was registered to vote, I wouldn't vote for perot.  the rest....all the same to me.  imagine how much trump must hate perot's VP, james stockdale........wasn't he captured and kept in solitary for like 4 years? 

Probably Clinton over 2004 W, but not over 2000 W. 

If McCain still has Palin on the ticket, then Clinton over him as well. 

Maybe Clinton over Perot. I would need to look back on him more. 

Tier 1

Obama

Tier2

H Clinton

B Clinton

M Romney

Tier3

Kerry

Gore

HW Bush

Tier4

W Bush

McCain

Tier5

Dole

Perot

Personally, I can't stand Trump. HOWEVER, any non-establishment candidate is going to look like a "one of the worth ever" option. The current system is heavily in favor of establishment candidates. Anyone "non-political" is going to be made to look like a fool. It's just that Trump keeps finding new ways to look worse.

And Hilary has been in the hot spotlight so much longer than the usual candidate that she has a lot of baggage to get past.

My $.02.

Literally would vote for any of them over either of the piles of poo we have from the major parties right now.

if I was registered to vote, I wouldn't vote for perot.  the rest....all the same to me.  imagine how much trump must hate perot's VP, james stockdale........wasn't he captured and kept in solitary for like 4 years? 
I like politicians who weren't captured like Hilary Clinton. 

Arguably you could go deeper.

Trump is the worst maybe ever? Who else? Alf Landon? Rufus King? Horace Greeley? James Cox?

Hillary is the worst since Nixon. I'd be hard pressed to pick one of those two, and that assumes no 3rd party choice.

Arguably you could go deeper.

Trump is the worst maybe ever? Who else? Alf Landon? Rufus King? Horace Greeley?

Hillary is the worst since Nixon. I'd be hard pressed to pick one of those two, and that assumes no 3rd party choice.
Recency bias on my part. I don't remember much before this.

I've voted in every presidential election since 1992.  Perot is the only candidate listed that I have voted for.  I don't plan on voting for Trump or Clinton this year either.

6. Hillary over H, Perot, Dole, W, McCain, Romney. 

Trump is at the bottom although my hatred of 04 W made me have to think about that one for a while.

A) All Trump voters should be disenfranchised

B) All Hillary voters should be disenfranchised unless when asked why "because the other option was Trump"

A) All Trump voters should be disenfranchised

B) All Hillary voters should be disenfranchised unless when asked why "because the other option was Trump"
Exemption for B) are the worst voters out there because they know they are voting a crappy option but are just scared of a different option.  Get some guts and vote third party, not a candidate you think is slightly better than another terrible candidate.  They feel they are throwing their vote away if they vote third party.  To me, voting a candidate that is bad and you know it is throwing your vote away.  

You guys who are busting on Dukakis are way off.  Sure, he was a poor candidate who had the misfortune of voluntarily choosing one of the worst photo-ops of all time, but he was a decent human being and was neither a crook nor a lunatic, which makes him better than either of the two ########s we have running right now.

Hillary over: HW Bush, Perot, Dole, W Bush, McCain(ALL because of the Palin pick. oof!),Romney

Dukakis over Hillary and a push between Hillary and Kerry(similar to Dole in that he was a *yawn* candidate)

Trump is the very worst candidate I can imagine being foisted on the AMerican public, truly an awful candidate.

You guys who are busting on Dukakis are way off.  Sure, he was a poor candidate who had the misfortune of voluntarily choosing one of the worst photo-ops of all time, but he was a decent human being and was neither a crook nor a lunatic, which makes him better than either of the two ########s we have running right now.
Don't get me wrong.  I see Hillary, Trump, and Dukakis on the ballot on Election Day , I won't be able to pull the lever for him fast enough.  

That speaks more to the two clowns who are currently running than him though.

Exemption for B) are the worst voters out there because they know they are voting a crappy option but are just scared of a different option.  Get some guts and vote third party, not a candidate you think is slightly better than another terrible candidate.  They feel they are throwing their vote away if they vote third party.  To me, voting a candidate that is bad and you know it is throwing your vote away.  
Not if it keeps a complete and utter ego-maniacal lunatic from becoming the leader of the free world.  I'll take 4 years of Hillary and hope either party can come up with something better for 2020. 

Not scared of a different option, just want one that won't destroy the country by 2020.

I sincerely think Trump is worse than all, but Perot, W. and McCain (because of Palin) would have been close behind.  Hillary is like Kerry or H.W. For me.  She isn't going to inspire America, but she won't run it into the ground either.

The trick here is people who pick Dem will still take half the candidates over Trump and people who pick GOP will still take.... er maybe not.

Dukakis' reluctance to play dirty politics doomed him from the start. He allowed Bush to define him with a tank and Willie Horton.

It's pretty bad but Obama will always fall at the bottom of my list.  Has done more to create havoc in this country than the rest of them combined.  And I can't stand Kerry

Trump is easily the worst, followed by Perot, who is also in his own tier. Then it's a toss up between '04 W, McCain, and Hillary.

lakerstan said:
I sincerely think Trump is worse than all, but Perot, W. and McCain (because of Palin) would have been close behind.  Hillary is like Kerry or H.W. For me.  She isn't going to inspire America, but she won't run it into the ground either.
Without the benefit of hindsight, how was W a bad candidate?  I voted for Gore since I didn't like Bush's tax cut plan but I didn't think he was a terrible candidate.  In fact, had he not invaded Iraq he would have been an average President.

Without the benefit of hindsight, how was W a bad candidate?  I voted for Gore since I didn't like Bush's tax cut plan but I didn't think he was a terrible candidate.  In fact, had he not invaded Iraq he would have been an average President.
I assume that people are talking about '04 W. I didn't vote for him in 2000, but I wasn't too worried or upset that he won. '04 was a different story.

At that time, he was viewed as a bit of an entitled kid - escaped military service, history of drinking (which seems like nothing today), perceived as less intelligent than his brother, Jeb.  A lot of people didn't like Gore, but at least he tried to get people inspired for a cause.  

By the way - I think the one cause W. got behind that he actually didn't get as much credit for was his assistance for AIDS in Africa.

I was pretty young for Perot.  Wasn't he basically a small government, libertarian?

I was pretty young for Perot.  Wasn't he basically a small government, libertarian?
He was a vaccum cleaner salesman who was a one trick pony.  Had great hearing though, unlike his philosophical running mate.  Theirs was the mirror image to the McCain/Palin ticket.

I was pretty young for Perot. Wasn't he basically a small government, libertarian?
Perot didn't speak in terms of "libertarian" (or "conservative" or "liberal" for that matter). He spoke in terms of balancing the budget, making government more efficient, and keeping jobs from being outsourced to foreign countries. He was really all over the place on his specific policies. Bitter Republicans like to claim that he only appealed to Republicans, but the guy was pro-choice and also favored tax increases on corporations and individuals.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Ross_Perot.htm

Users who are viewing this thread