What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Preseason Week 1 (worth going?) (1 Viewer)

jacobo_moses

Footballguy
How long do the starters or 2nd string usually play in week 1 of NFL preseason? I'm in Chicago but wasn't sure if I wanted to go to the Bears and Broncos game

Not worth it unless you got the tix cheap and may not ever get a chance to see a game live or if you are taking a kid for the first time.

I always like being at the stadiums to watch football.  Have a beer or two and stay as long as the game is entertaining.  On the plus side traffic shouldn't be bad when you leave.

Bump

But how long do the starters play?
Depends. Somewhere between a series and a half. It really depends on how experienced the players are and how secure they are. Average is probably 2-3 series. The bigger the star, the less they will likely play. 

Usually game 1 you're lucky to get a quarter out of the starters. Sometimes it's just a series or two. 

I never go to preseason games. Usually give my tickets to people with kids who want to go.

Preseason games (especially Week 1) lack the excitement of a regular season game, of course, but tix are generally cheap, and by halftime, you can easily move to much better seats, you don't have to contend with the bad exit traffic, and the weather is likely decent. The kids enjoy the games, regardless of how long the starters play, and for us dynasty junkies, it is a chance to catch a glimpse of some future prospects. I am rarely disappointed with the experience, just have realistic expectations.  

I'm a season ticket holder and they make us pay full price for these games that are $4.00 on Stubhub.  I actually go, tailgate, sit relax and drink a couple beers on a warm summer night.  They won't play long and it's actually suppose to rain so I'll be miserable.  It's fun being at the stadium though and not stressed out at the outcome.

Gottabesweet said:
I'm a season ticket holder and they make us pay full price for these games that are $4.00 on Stubhub.  I actually go, tailgate, sit relax and drink a couple beers on a warm summer night.  They won't play long and it's actually suppose to rain so I'll be miserable.  It's fun being at the stadium though and not stressed out at the outcome.
As a Bills' fan, don't you pretty much know what the outcome will be anyway?

Usually would tailgate some, then go in and watch most of the first half, then head out to the tailgating in the parking lot for some more beers with friends. Same goes for the other preseason games.

depends on how close you live to the stadium and if you can get cheap parking.

a few years ago I went to see steelers vs. giants at giant stadium. i think it was 2010.

parking was 50 bucks and we had to take a bus to the stadium... what a joke..

Users who are viewing this thread