What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just realized something and now I feel dumb (1 Viewer)

ragincajun

Footballguy
I am a car guy.  Mainly Jeeps and older classics like Bel Aire, GTO, etc....

My wife just pointed out to me that the symbol on my Honda is an H!  I never put 2 and 2 together.  Then I saw an Acura and sure enough it's an A.  Then my wife said yeah and Lexus is an L.

where do I turn in my card?

Sitting in a Sequioa right now.  Just glanced at the steering wheel.???

i have changed clutches, rebuilt engines, etc.. I am truly disappointed in myself.

Here is some knowledge.  Jeeps are identified by the 7 spot grille. O|||||||O

The origin of the name Jeep comes from the dog in Popeye according to some and others say it was a nickname given because it transported GIs in the war.

Truly embarrassed.  My grandfather built the frames for Richard Pettys dirt track cars way back when.  My dads first car was a 50 - 2 door Ford with a 289 blueprinted by Carol Shelby.

Another funny thing is there is some trivia game I used to have an app for.  I would dominate the logo questions.

Another funny thing is there is some trivia game I used to have an app for.  I would dominate the logo questions.

Most GOOD logos are deceptively simple but have a significant amount of meaning behind the nuances.

FedEx, for example, features an arrow hidden in the negative space between the E and x, given their position as a logistics and transportation company. The logo is ALWAYS to be positioned so the arrow points right or upward. Never downward. Also you will always find one "x-height" of white space around the logo (exactly what it sounds like) to maintain a clean appearance. 

The Toyota logo is a man in a sombrero representing the fact that it is a Mexican import.  This isn't brain science, guys.  

Oh man that's too funny.  I had a similar thing happen to me when I bought my iPhone.  You know how they give you a sticker with a piece of fruit on it?  Well I was hoping to get an orange or maybe a banana so I asked the gal there if I could trade and she said everyone gets an apple because it represents the name of the company (also Apple).  It took me a minute but wow, it makes sense when you think about it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Baskin Robbins logo has a B and an R that have pink colors that make the number 31.

31 flavors is what Baskin Robbins carries

My favorite was the old Hartford Whalers logo. Grey H, blue W that was also a whale tail

Sitting in a Sequioa right now.  Just glanced at the steering wheel.???

i have changed clutches, rebuilt engines, etc.. I am truly disappointed in myself.

Here is some knowledge.  Jeeps are identified by the 7 spot grille. O|||||||O

The origin of the name Jeep comes from the dog in Popeye according to some and others say it was a nickname given because it transported GIs in the war.

Truly embarrassed.  My grandfather built the frames for Richard Pettys dirt track cars way back when.  My dads first car was a 50 - 2 door Ford with a 289 blueprinted by Carol Shelby.
I read jeep was an acronym for General Purpose ie GP

That explains my dads joke whenever I made a obvious observation.  He always said "it must be a day that ends in a 'Y."  Now I know why he was always right!
I rather like Sherlock Holmes quip to Dr. Watson: "Your ability to observe the obvious is unequalled." 

My wife just pointed out to me that the symbol on my Honda is an H!  I never put 2 and 2 together.  Then I saw an Acura and sure enough it's an A.  Then my wife said yeah and Lexus is an L.

what did you think it was?

Please tell me you already knew the Volkswagen one is a V over a W.  

Please.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
nobody doesn't like Sara Lee," often incorrectly reported as "Nobody does it like Sara Lee."
Sara Lee is also the brand name of a number of frozen and packaged foods, often known for the long-running slogan "Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee," often incorrectly reported as "Nobody does it like Sara Lee."
#mindblown

Users who are viewing this thread