What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you rank these FA IDPs? (1 Viewer)

northern exposure

Footballguy
16 team dynasty league with short benches, so it is difficult to hold any players (especially IDPs) while they develop.

I need to add at least two IDPs to my roster from these available FAs. We start 3 LBs, 3 DBs and have 3 D Flex spots. My team is a title contender this season.

Scoring is:

Solo 1

Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 4

Fumble Force 3 Recovery 2

Pass Defended 3

Free Agent IDPs

Zach Orr LB BAL

Christian Jones LB CHI

Tahir Whitehead LB DET

Todd Davis LB DEN

Will Compton LB WAS

Perry Riley Jr LB WAS

Demario Davis LB CLE

Shane Ray LB DEN

Ben Heeney LB OAK

Su'a Cravens LB/S WAS

Last edited by a moderator:
In a league like that, I'd treat IDP players just like redraft and pick based on current role- Especially since you are a contender. My 2 would include Demario Davis and either Will Compton or Heeney.  I believe they are all 3 pretty safe to be 3-down linebackers. 

Ben Heeney would be my first choice as he should be solid.  After that I would depend on whether you need this guy to play right away or not.  If you need him to start from day 1 I would probably do Demario however if you can wait and see a little I might go with Orr, Whitehead, or Todd Davis and see if one gets the time and does something with it.

Demario and Todd Davis for me.

A 3-down LB in Cleveland is always going to see a lot of action.

Denver's ILBs are productive because they've those incredible pass rushers creating carnage in front of them and those extraordinary DBs behind them sticking like glue to receivers.

With Orr there is the threat Correa takes the job.

Compton's numbers were pretty average/on the low side once he took over as a starter last year, I'm not sure he is very explosive.

Heeney is very intriguing but a little unproven.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take Heeney for sure.

Probably grab Cravens right now and wait and see how his designation ends up. He isnt a FA in any league I am in.

Ben Heeney is the no-brainer in the group of FAs.  With passes defensed being scored so high, the number of solid IDP's available on the waiver wire should be high (startable CB's).

Users who are viewing this thread