What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Enough With This Heat and Humidity! (1 Viewer)

just walked down to the bodega for some huevos ... barely 8 in the morn, and i'm already drenched in ####### sweat

:kicksrock:

Better than February. 
Not at all. You can only take so much off to get relief from the heat but you can add layer on top of layer to keep warm from the cold. I say this though as a mid-atlantic resident, i.e. it doesn't get brutally cold here but the heat/humidity is brutal. If I lived in Maine I'm sure my perspective would be different. Another day of heat index forecast near 110 (which means it will be higher than that).

Yeah, it's been brutal. Working outside, or inside without AC this past week was pretty rough. I kept screwing up paperwork because the swear pouring off of my head was soaking the paper.

The older I get, the less I can stand the extremes in temperatures. February & August can both kiss my pasty white ###.

Florida experienced the hottest July on record.  August is more of the same with the entire east coast forecast to be much warmer than normal for the next two weeks.  I read a National Weather Service report that expects summer to extend into the fall season this year, so there's no end in sight.  

Florida experienced the hottest July on record.  August is more of the same with the entire east coast forecast to be much warmer than normal for the next two weeks.  I read a National Weather Service report that expects summer to extend into the fall season this year, so there's no end in sight.  
I wish summer would extend into the winter up here in WI.

Almost two weeks straight of > 90, feels like 105, with virtually no rain.

I don't live in ####### Florida! 
You know who else had to deal with heat and humidity?  Jesus.  He walked through the desert all day every day with long hair and a beard, wearing a robe and sandals!  He had blazing hot sand between his toes and no sunblock!  And when they left him out in it, did he #####?  No!  He faked his death, paced in a dank, sweltering cave for three days while plotting his revenge, then moved a freakin' boulder!

Put on your big girl panties, Suzie Daulton, and go mow the yard.

Really not that bad.  Mornings and evenings are still reasonably comfortable and you always have the pool during the day.

The older I get, the less I can stand the extremes in temperatures. February & August can both kiss my pasty white ###.
Same here.   Summer in the north isn't that bad.  A could never do summer down south.   Winter is the real suck up north so I'll be definitely getting my snowbird on during retirement.   I'd gladly trade in a few vacations to have comfortable weather all year.

You know who else had to deal with heat and humidity?  Jesus.  He walked through the desert all day every day with long hair and a beard, wearing a robe and sandals!  He had blazing hot sand between his toes and no sunblock!  And when they left him out in it, did he #####?  No!  He faked his death, paced in a dank, sweltering cave for three days while plotting his revenge, then moved a freakin' boulder!

Put on your big girl panties, Suzie Daulton, and go mow the yard.
Does it count if my lawn service mows my lawn? 

Always fun to hear the northeast get an average southern summer day or two, and lose their #### whining. 

Always fun to hear the northeast get an average southern summer day or two, and lose their #### whining. 
I understand what you're saying, but this has been over a month and it's the mid-Atlantic (at least, JD & I are). 

I was reading this thinking well thank goodness we're not one of those hitting 80 degree dew points (not that 75 is much better) but we're actually at 81  right now. That with 84 temp has the heat index at almost 100...at 930am. Staying in today.  :hot:

It will get 100 here later, but right now it is 68 outside and there is a nice breeze blowing through the bedroom window. Very peaceful

Still better than freezing temperatures and walking out to your car in the morning covered in ice/frost.  

I have to attend a surprise bday party today and will likely be stuck outside for long periods of time.

It's supposedly going to feel like 104..  :cry:

I live in Vegas, and while it's 110 here, there's no humidity.  I'd rather be smoked low and slow than be braised.

Come 5, as long as you're in the shade with a fan blowing on you and a cold beer in your hand, it really isn't that bad.

Besides the cold and snow, what makes winter as equally bleak for me is that it gets dark at 5 and everything is dead.  Even in this heat, its still nice to be sitting in my dining room looking back into the woods behind my house.  The snow is pretty for like a day and then you want it to just go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
We always have fun up in the north when we hear the south gets three inches of snow and whole cities get shut down for days.

Seriously, I don't know how you southerners deal with the heat.  I guess you get used to it...I love the snow/cold and it can never be too cold for me.

I keep telling myself I'm not allowed to complain about the heat. Every winter I ##### and cry about the cold and snow and remind my wife that the only reason we live up north is because she wants to be close to her family. 

If I cry about the heat, I'll just be a hypocrite. 

*it's friggin hot!

AC, remotes and beer
All great but I can substitute weed for beer and being a cord cutter, the remote isn't as useful as it used to be.   I'd probably shoot myself if I didn't have ac on a day like.   Imagine being stuck in rush hour traffic without ac.  You think we have road rage problems now.

97 all week in Boise.  No humidity or bugs here at all except for an occasional fly.  Only place besides California I've seen not swamped with tons of bugs during the summer. 

Does it count if my lawn service mows my lawn? 
Last time my lawn was mowed an MD did it.

But, it is cooler than normal in the Pacific Northwest. Most people are worried about getting tomatoes out of their gardens this year it is so cool.

I was reading this thinking well thank goodness we're not one of those hitting 80 degree dew points (not that 75 is much better) but we're actually at 81  right now. That with 84 temp has the heat index at almost 100...at 930am. Staying in today.  :hot:
That sounds like my 6:30am run every morning from May till September. 

Users who are viewing this thread