What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

This looks like Liverpool from last year.  Scoring at will, but much more open.  I forgot how stressful that style is.  Even up 4-1 you feel all  :scared:

Or the last one. 
When you throw both your heels up towards your thrown back screaming head after minimal arm it's a classic textbook Neymar-worthy dive. He shouldn't even be playing in this game. Suspend the dives or they'll never go away. See: this game as an example. Since he wasn't suspended for the last dive he was able to dive again in the very next game. 

4 points clear with 17 to go -- too soon.
Didn't someone in here or the other thread post something like 7 of the last 8 post boxing day leaders went one to win the league? @CletiusMaximus is famous for saying the season doesn't start until after boxing day. I think it may be the opposite. The season is already over after boxing day. Crown em. 

Didn't someone in here or the other thread post something like 7 of the last 8 post boxing day leaders went one to win the league? @CletiusMaximus is famous for saying the season doesn't start until after boxing day. I think it may be the opposite. The season is already over after boxing day. Crown em. 
Care to guess who the last two teams to lead at Christmas and not finish it off are?

Long long way to go.

When you throw both your heels up towards your thrown back screaming head after minimal arm it's a classic textbook Neymar-worthy dive. He shouldn't even be playing in this game. Suspend the dives or they'll never go away. See: this game as an example. Since he wasn't suspended for the last dive he was able to dive again in the very next game. 
He doesn’t dive, he embellishes the contact 

Liverpool have to travel to City Thursday.  A loss and it’s a 4 point lead with 17 long games to go. It’s been a great season so far but this team has no experience winning titles and anything can happen.  City are unbelievably talented and could run off 9 straight wins just as easily as Pool have 

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Care to guess who the last two teams to lead at Christmas and not finish it off are?

Long long way to go.
Oh jeez. Yeah? Sorry. Ok. I get it. As a Caps fan, I totally get it. Not yours till it's yours. Good luck. 

shader said:
Liverpool have to travel to City Thursday.  A loss and it’s a 4 point lead with 17 long games to go. It’s been a great season so far but this team has no experience winning titles and anything can happen.  City are unbelievably talented and could run off 9 straight wins just as easily as Pool have 
Sturridge has won titles ...

premier league, champions league and some FA Cups 

shader said:
He doesn’t dive, he embellishes the contact 
I don't think you know what the word "embilish" means. He had a hand touch his shoulder last week and threw his heels up in the air. That is not an exaggeration, or, embilshment, of what a hand on the shoulder does to a body. It is a blatant and offensive dive. 

I don't think you know what the word "embilish" means. He had a hand touch his shoulder last week and threw his heels up in the air. That is not an exaggeration, or, embilshment, of what a hand on the shoulder does to a body. It is a blatant and offensive dive. 
He’s new at this.  Acting skills are improving.  He got fouled so many times in the box last year and refused to go down.  It’s clear he’s been coached to go down at contact which, annoying as it is, is part of the game.

Todays was fine.  Last weeks was on the edge but still wasn’t a dive because the contact was there.  

I realize these are subjective terms (which is why VAR is going to be a nightmare), but I view diving as something you do when you don’t get touched.

I agree with..gasp...shader.

That shoulder tug messed up his approach to goal and possiblymaybe was enough to get him off balance and possiblymaybe get him to fall. The rest is embellishing to sell the very light foul. 

Not saying I'm a fan. But considering the actual dives we see, this wasnt.

Wish I had watched the arsenal game...was it that one sided? Kinda shocked, given how arsenal have played lately.

City back to rolling against the saints. One, but should be three already....which I guess leaves city open to dropping more points

Wish I had watched the arsenal game...was it that one sided? Kinda shocked, given how arsenal have played lately.

City back to rolling against the saints. One, but should be three already....which I guess leaves city open to dropping more points
Or not! Hojbjerg!

Wish I had watched the arsenal game...was it that one sided?
They ripped Arsenal open and Arsenal only had two shots on goal.  But Liverpool trapped Arsenal offside a bunch of times on close calls where if the flag had stayed down it would have been a good chance.  So it felt closer than that.

It almost seems too simplistic - but it seems like OGS recognizes that the strength of the squad is in attack, and so rather than try to over-compensate with defensive tactics, its better to exploit the strength, and defend by attacking.
They definitely seen freer going forward. 

Under Jose, seemed like only one person was allowed to get forward out of the MF at a time. Now it feels like guys are streaming forward at will.

Of course, Oles tenure hasn't exactly been chock full o' CL teams so far.

And Pogba...oops. Pogba.

He's definitely got the room to roam. Been further up the field more in the last 30 minutes than he was all season.

They definitely seen freer going forward. 

Under Jose, seemed like only one person was allowed to get forward out of the MF at a time. Now it feels like guys are streaming forward at will.

Of course, Oles tenure hasn't exactly been chock full o' CL teams so far.
Confidence breeds confidence.

I think they can get back in the race for top-4.  It won't be easy - but, on paper, they have the talent.

Users who are viewing this thread