Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread

8 minutes ago, Kafka said:

Well, my d(i)ecks about 5 ft off the ground, so...

:lmao:i sure as #### just quoted the wrong post...or did I? :lmao:...I need this laugh...my good friend just left me a half bottle of Italian Red home-made ...& wife  just went to bed...DONT LEAVE ME, GUYS!:lmao:

Kafka where do you live that there is no fence between you and the neighbors?

and dick or deck, asking for a friend (gator)

• Like 2

Got it.  Will stick strictly by the rules, no banter...just game day talk.  Sounds fun.

31 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Buzzed...drunk....#### faced...kafka'd

...and that makes you...???

37 minutes ago, Kafka said:

Got it.  Will stick strictly by the rules, no banter...just game day talk.  Sounds fun.

Take it to the Banter Forum, guy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brady Marino said:

Take it to the Banter Forum, guy.

Kafka, tread carefully 

40 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Oh, Roma. That was......uninspired.

This is true.  That's what's so disappointing... whether outclassed or not, their trademarks are inspiration  & passion...sadly, they lacked both, sans Nainggolan.

@roadkill1292... C'mon aboard, get your feet wet. As a Roma fan, I can promise you this... Melancholy, & the Infinite Sadness.  Enticing, eh?

...and alcohol, LOTS of alcohol...:topcat:

Edited by Kafka

17 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Its always a good day when I find you are still alive and drinking!

:suds:

Many "here" & IRL disagree with either/or of those sentiments. :kicksrock:

20 minutes ago, Kafka said:

@roadkill1292... C'mon aboard, get your feet wet. As a Roma fan, I can promise you this... Melancholy, & the Infinite Sadness.  Enticing, eh?

...and alcohol, LOTS of alcohol...:topcat:

Roma has lots of fun guys to watch so I often do. But what if they're drawn into Southampton's group Friday? 

48 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Roma has lots of fun guys to watch so I often do. But what if they're drawn into Southampton's group Friday? 

Well then, good buddy (would say kindred spirits(?), but prefer not to insult you)...we have quite the conundrum!  I just think you're one  that can appreciate the drama that a club like Roma presents. Southampton drew me in because of their talent, & ability to develop youth...& they used to play "champagne" football, quite like Roma.  Now Roma plays Straight-to-Grappa football, but I perceive you to be one who would enjoy the masochism of being a Roma fan, instead of the other "Northerner" plastic/money/glory hounds.  I admire your respect for Serie A... especially since it's history of/as a quagmire of deceit, corruption, & intrigue.  Therein lies the attraction?  Once/if you follow the club, you'll be amazed at the idiosyncrasies/dynamics of what the Eternal City & club entails. Kansas  Comet  linked an SI article about Roma in one of these godforsaken soccer threads...please read...

48 minutes ago, Kafka said:

Well then, good buddy (would say kindred spirits(?), but prefer not to insult you)...we have quite the conundrum!  I just think you're one  that can appreciate the drama that a club like Roma presents. Southampton drew me in because of their talent, & ability to develop youth...& they used to play "champagne" football, quite like Roma.  Now Roma plays Straight-to-Grappa football, but I perceive you to be one who would enjoy the masochism of being a Roma fan, instead of the other "Northerner" plastic/money/glory hounds.  I admire your respect for Serie A... especially since it's history of/as a quagmire of deceit, corruption, & intrigue.  Therein lies the attraction?  Once/if you follow the club, you'll be amazed at the idiosyncrasies/dynamics of what the Eternal City & club entails. Kansas  Comet  linked an SI article about Roma in one of these godforsaken soccer threads...please read...

:lol:

love that.

50 minutes ago, Kafka said:

They could easily become my go-to Serie A team, though I have a little problem with liking Inter and all. But I absolutely will not have conflicted loyalties should they meet my beloved Saints somewhere along the way in Europa, though that would almost have to be in group since Soton probably won't earn a place in the playoffs. But should they meet, think of the fun we'll have saying many good-natured (?) unkind things about each other's clubs in the buildup.

Good god, I'm starting to write like Kafka.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

They could easily become my go-to Serie A team, though I have a little problem with liking Inter and all. But I absolutely will not have conflicted loyalties should they meet my beloved Saints somewhere along the way in Europa, though that would almost have to be in group since Soton probably won't earn a place in the playoffs. But should they meet, think of the fun we'll have saying many good-natured (?) unkind things about each other's clubs in the buildup.

Well then.......All roads lead to Rome.

eta:re: Kafka/"writing"/Contagion:  Sorry about your luck!

Edited by Kafka

13 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

My translation 

https://flic.kr/p/L38R6Y

Ladies & Gentlemen...I present... Michelangelo!

Egads!  Wrong thread, tambien...

#Straighten it out

#Jog on

Edited by Kafka
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

wtf

17 minutes ago, Kafka said:

It's not funny.

straight-to-grappa football is brilliant, gb.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kafka said:

Ladies & Gentlemen...I present... Michelangelo!

Egads!  Wrong thread, tambien...

#Straighten it out

#Jog on

hey, I was only 3 beers in.... :bag: 

52 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I can't help it. Nagatomo and Palacio just speak to me.

I think our resident Internazionale misinterpreted your intentions.  Re: Palacio...It must be the rat-tail..

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

straight-to-grappa football is brilliant, gb.

;)......:bag:

53 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I can't help it. Nagatomo and Palacio just speak to me.

ma... che cazzo?

you have a little problem with liking inter... in that you like inter? I completely misread what you wrote- thought you were saying that you have a problem with inter that keeps you from liking them.

21 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

ma... che cazzo?

you have a little problem with liking inter... in that you like inter? I completely misread what you wrote- thought you were saying that you have a problem with inter that keeps you from liking them.

Yes, that was worded a little awkwardly. I like Inter. Palacio is really an endearing fellow.

20 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Saudi Arabia really handing it to Laos right now

I love posts like these and I'm not being the least bit ironic.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Saudi Arabia really handing it to Laos right now

They may call it a friendly but anything can happen when these old rivals get together.

• Like 4

oh. dammit- they had an earthquake.

was trying to go with the python sketch...

• Like 2

Welp it's Wednesday and since USA will never catch on in Soccer I've decided to skip #### faced and go Kafka level    God help the people I work with tomorrow 

• Like 2

Darren RovellVerified account‏@darrenrovell

NBC Sports app announces it will debut "Goal Rush," a RedZone like product with live look-ins to Premier League games.

:thumbup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Darren RovellVerified account‏@darrenrovell

NBC Sports app announces it will debut "Goal Rush," a RedZone like product with live look-ins to Premier League games.

:thumbup:

game day? GAME DAY?!

34 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

game day? GAME DAY?!

:shrug:

I thought it was appropriate for game day...

• Like 1

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

:shrug:

I thought it was appropriate for game day...

is it a game day? 

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

is it a game day? 

Its a game day somewhere....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Please don't follow Darren Rovell as it will only encourage him in his quest to become the worst human on the planet.

:lol:  I don't - saw the tweet on Reddit...not sure if that is worse...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Europa League game day for West Ham and others.

Qarabag Agdam up 2-0 on IFK Goteborg in the 31' min

49 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I'll be providing live commentary from my son's first scrimmage later tonight.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I'll be providing live commentary from my son's first scrimmage later tonight.

I expect full stats.

3 hours ago, B Maverick said:

Europa League game day for West Ham and others.

Qarabag Agdam up 2-0 on IFK Goteborg in the 31' min

####### UPDATE?!