What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (11 Viewers)

Pep's Drink of the Day

Basel Crush  (aka Basil Crush)

5 pieces basil

2¼ parts gin

¾ parts sugar syrup

1½ parts lime juice

1½ parts apple juice

ice

I see Ben Davies getting torn to shreds on twitter, but have watched the play a dozen times and don't understand why its such a stone-cold penalty on the 2-0.  Is he not allowed to make a play for this ball? It seems to me the Juve player runs into Davies.

https://streamable.com/8a7p0

I see Ben Davies getting torn to shreds on twitter, but have watched the play a dozen times and don't understand why its such a stone-cold penalty on the 2-0.  Is he not allowed to make a play for this ball? It seems to me the Juve player runs into Davies.

https://streamable.com/8a7p0
I think it looks worse from the opposite side than it does the TV one.  From there even though he doesn't see the player it looks like he should have if he was being a good defender (if that makes sense).  

Does anyone have a good clip of the Eriksen FK?  Something didn't seem right on the replay on my phone.  Did it take a deflection?  I also didn't understand the Juve wall or lack of wall.

Buffon was expecting Eriksen to go far post, Eriksen tripped him up by going near post low.
I wonder why keepers often cheat towards the wall and away from the post they are supposed to cover.  I also found it odd that the wall was set up to take away the far post.  Usually it is set up to take away the near post, or is that just my impression?

The last time Liverpool played a Champions League knockout game was in 2009 - the 4-4 at Stamford Bridge.  One of the greatest games ever ...

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Kalou (Anelka 36), Ballack, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Drogba (Di Santo 90).
Goals: Drogba 52, Alex 57, Lampard 76, 89.

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa (Babel 85), Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Lucas, Mascherano (Riera 69), Alonso, Kuyt, Torres (Ngog 80), Benayoun.
Goals: Aurelio 19, Alonso 28 pen, Lucas 81, Kuyt 82.

Agg (7-5)

Modric may not be the best DM :oldunsure:  
I'm not sure what the context is for this post but I thought Verratti and Rabiot gave Modric and Kroos all they could handle yesterday. It was the first time I'd watched Rabiot for a while and I was really impressed -- he was a like a souped-up and smoother Matic. What a fun game to watch. Asensio.

That late third goal -- really, Marcelo is the best fullback in the world (even better than Cedric!) and it's not even close -- may have been the back breaker for PSG. Still, they win it at 2-0 in Paris, no?

I'm not sure what the context is for this post but I thought Verratti and Rabiot gave Modric and Kroos all they could handle yesterday. It was the first time I'd watched Rabiot for a while and I was really impressed -- he was a like a souped-up and smoother Matic. What a fun game to watch. Asensio.

That late third goal -- really, Marcelo is the best fullback in the world (even better than Cedric!) and it's not even close -- may have been the back breaker for PSG. Still, they win it at 2-0 in Paris, no?
It was more a comment on the first half (I didn't see the 2nd).  He was pinching in in front of the back 4 and just seemed poor tactically the entire time tracking runners (he let Rabiot run free on the goal).  I know it ultimately worked out for them and that they don't really have a different option, but PSG was able to get them out of shape fairly easily.  

Users who are viewing this thread