What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

This NYR Olimpia game is spooky in the empty stadium. 

Not only was the game moved from Honduras to Costa Rica due to political unrest, Olimpia is also under some sort of Concacaf suspension where they are not allowed fans no matter where the game was being played.  Ironically, in the return leg in NY there will likely be plenty of Honduran fans.

I was hoping to see El Kaku tonight but it does not look like he dressed for NY from what I can tell.

Man, I really love this Robertson kid. So many good crosses he puts in and always solid defensively.  

ETA -- 3 goals allowed by Liverpool in their last 5 (and 2 of those were Tottenham). The backline of Robertson, VVD, Matip, and TAA starting to look like an actual defense. Karius also starting to gain confidence. I'm liking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I really love this Robertson kid. So many good crosses he puts in and always solid defensively.  

ETA -- 3 goals allowed by Liverpool in their last 5 (and 2 of those were Tottenham). The backline of Robertson, VVD, Matip, and TAA starting to look like an actual defense. Karius also starting to gain confidence. I'm liking it.
True story:  VVD has 15 starts this year - 2 clean sheets   :rant:

I do think the defense seems to be better organized with fewer defenders trailing the play and less wild lunging, but it's only four EPL matches so far.  Can't really say much about him yet IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
For stats purposes, I like the beauty of:  shots on goal = goals + saves

If you call the post/crossbar a shot on goal, that will mess with my ocd.
What do they consider a shot that is on target but blocked or cleared off the line by a defender?  Or a shot that is blocked by the shooters teammate?

De Gea beat close to his body near post, Valencia keeping players onside...wouldn't expect either of those.

Deserved goal though

Chelsea playing Pogba really well. He loves to take a few touches before getting going... they're doubling him up really quickly and stripping the ball a lot.

Was just thinking the same thing.  He and Hazard are so dynamic.
Love hazard. But tbh, feels like he takes games off, or at least big stretches of games off. I don't watch anywhere close to all their games, but I've never seen willian anything but Energizer bunny

Users who are viewing this thread