What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

Juventus clearly turned the AI difficulty to its lowest setting before that through ball to Dybala.  Never seen an ostensibly professional defense give up an easier through ball.

I'm impressed with Tott this year in the CL.  Both Liverpool and Tottenham are playing with the confidence that they can win the whole thing and don't have to wait around and "pay their dues".
What dues do LFC have to pay? Liverpool has more European Cups than any other English team. Second only to Madrid and I think Milan all time!

Spurs on the other hand ...

Bloody hell, but what a game

Tigers reminds me of Arsenal without Sanchez.  Great ball control and passing in the final half, but they just seem to lack something.

And Toronto wins the first leg 2-1.  After a pretty even first half, they were the better team in the second half especially after the Tigres goal.  Nicely done Toronto.

@El FloppoBradley and Jozy played really well on a crap field.

And Toronto wins the first leg 2-1.  After a pretty even first half, they were the better team in the second half especially after the Tigres goal.  Nicely done Toronto.

@El FloppoBradley and Jozy played really well on a crap field.
the field was a mess.  Solid win by TFC even if I think the away goal is huge for Tigres going home.

Such a cheeky winner for TFC on the backheel

the field was a mess.  Solid win by TFC even if I think the away goal is huge for Tigres going home.

Such a cheeky winner for TFC on the backheel
To be fair there were 2 other Toronto guys there to finish it as well.  The second time recycling the ball left them all at the top of the 18.

Deuce missed a couple of sitters up close.... Those would have helped give a cushion. But he and Lodeiro were on fire. A third guy up front to stretch things and/or complete the triangle with them would be lethal.

Deuce missed a couple of sitters up close.... Those would have helped give a cushion. But he and Lodeiro were on fire. A third guy up front to stretch things and/or complete the triangle with them would be lethal.
A team with Seattle's resources should not be starting a stiff like Bruin.  Bruin is fine for depth.  I am not a big Morris guy but at least he is better than Bruin.

Would love to see NYCRB hold that lead and one of the other two get an away draw.  Would set off alarm bells down there.  

GOAT night for MLS?  DCU's win over Vasco has all kinds of asterisks.

Would love to see NYCRB hold that lead and one of the other two get an away draw.  Would set off alarm bells down there.  

It's hard not to say that.  I mean you had the two best teams (last year) at least being the equal in play against the Mexican sides with awesome atmospheres.  I hope it's like this every year from now on.    

I am hoping that one of the three get through.  While there has never been a match day like it before, MLS teams are usually competitive at home and struggle in Mexico.  I think both TFC and Seattle are going to really be bummed they missed some golden chances to extend their leads.

As for alarm bells, here is one headline in Mexico which is plain as day no matter what language you speak :)

https://dd.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/82xnwh/cover_of_mexican_sports_magazine_after_3_mls_ccl

I am hoping that one of the three get through.  While there has never been a match day like it before, MLS teams arie usually competitive at home and struggle in Mexico.  I think both TFC and Seattle are going to really be bummed they missed some golden chances to extend their leads.

As for alarm bells, here is one headline in Mexico which is plain as day no matter what language you speak :)

https://dd.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/82xnwh/cover_of_mexican_sports_magazine_after_3_mls_ccl
What 'bout dem "O-sa-ma" chants after 9/11, or their propensity to hurl bags of urine at opposing fans?

I'll tell you what: " It's unacceptobol & insolting!  

Eta: thanks for reminding me just how much i HATE those #### rags...

Last edited by a moderator:
:kicksrock:

Was busy working yesterday afternoon.  Went into a meeting w/ Tottenham up and feeling good.  One hour later and my hopes and dreams have been crushed.  

Shader, this is for you...  ####### %^&*@!.

I think Liverpool can win a lot of hardware this year.  Multiple trophies, most of all the UCL.  

Sanchez, Mata, Rashford and Lukaku -- that doesn't seem very buslike.  Happy to see it.  United trying to play football is the only way Liverpool win this IMO.

Sanchez, Mata, Rashford and Lukaku -- that doesn't seem very buslike.  Happy to see it.  United trying to play football is the only way Liverpool win this IMO.
Just turned it on and was thinking the same thing.

That said- even though they're dynamic players, when I watch united there's something still so static about their play regardless of who on the field. Doesn't feel like there's any rotation or shifting of positions during the game. Guys generally seem (based on what isee within the for walls of the tv) to stay in their roles and try to beat teams with their skill and staying organized defensively rather than any offensive tactics. 

Users who are viewing this thread