What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (4 Viewers)

:yes:

FA Spokesperson @FAspokesperson

[1/2] Heung-min Son will be available for Tottenham Hotspur FC’s next three domestic fixtures after an independent Regulatory Commission upheld a claim of wrongful dismissal.
:P  

Foul was never hard enough to warrant a red.  Still feel bad for Gomez, but freaky injuries happen sometimes.  

Just finished the Chelsea Ajax game.

This sport is so boring, nothing ever happens.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulisic was decent today.  Not great, and certainly not bad. 

He did draw both the first PK and a second yellow that led to the strange double red card that helped turned the game around.  He was also instrumental in the second goal for Chelsea.

Were you sweating when it was over?   :lmao:

That game was all kinds of crazy.
I love that I have been watching games for decades, thousands and thousands of games, and I can still randomly watch a game and see something I have never see before.  This game was beyond bonkers. 

I can't imagine being a Ajax fan and watching your team suffer a PK and a double red card at the same time.   I mean, jesus :)

I love that I have been watching games for decades, thousands and thousands of games, and I can still randomly watch a game and see something I have never see before.  This game was beyond bonkers. 

I can't imagine being a Ajax fan and watching your team suffer a PK and a double red card at the same time.   I mean, jesus :)
No doubt.  I am a near neutral(only cheering for Chelsea because of CP) and even I cringed at that.  Thing is.... both were yellows(and both already had yellows).  It was the right call IMO.  Still just crazy and a lot of fun to watch. 

Ajax did remarkably well to keep it at 4-4 IMO.

Sinn Fein said:
Terrible result for Gomes- and I hope the diving #### has a speedy and full, recovery.

But, the tackle was never a red card offense.  I think Atkinson assumed Son's tackle directly caused the injury - which led to him changing his mind from Yellow to Red.
Due to @Sinn Fein's recent bitter postings, I submit he change his username to Provos...that is all.

No doubt.  I am a near neutral(only cheering for Chelsea because of CP) and even I cringed at that.  Thing is.... both were yellows(and both already had yellows).  It was the right call IMO.  Still just crazy and a lot of fun to watch. 

Ajax did remarkably well to keep it at 4-4 IMO.
The BBC feed joked about them still getting forward, with outside backs getting shots off- after going down to nine.

The BBC feed joked about them still getting forward, with outside backs getting shots off- after going down to nine.
They created 2 or 3 real good scoring chances after it was level 4-4.  Find the highlights on youtube if you get a chance.

They created 2 or 3 real good scoring chances after it was level 4-4.  Find the highlights on youtube if you get a chance.
They did.  They actually had what was probably the best shot on goal after Chelsea tied it 4-4(Other than the disallowed goal that is).  It looked to me like Chelsea's players all tried to play hero ball at that point and stopped moving it around smartly.

They did.  They actually had what was probably the best shot on goal after Chelsea tied it 4-4(Other than the disallowed goal that is).  It looked to me like Chelsea's players all tried to play hero ball at that point and stopped moving it around smartly.
This is my take on Hudson Ohboy every time I've seen him play

Veltman said after the game that he was told it was for the handball.
Hate that, if so. The guy had his arms pretty tight to his body on the replay I saw (on my phone)... tough PK, let alone yellow...regardless of the letter of the law these days.

Fwiw, football.london post game rating for CP

Christian Pulisic

The brightest spark in the first half, with his excellent run winning the penalty for Jorginho to slot away the following penalty.

In the second half he was excellent as well, driving the play forward, getting at his man and making things happen all the time. 8

Hate that, if so. The guy had his arms pretty tight to his body on the replay I saw (on my phone)... tough PK, let alone yellow...regardless of the letter of the law these days.

Fwiw, football.london post game rating for CP
Agree that it was a little harsh, especially given the setting.  It was "letter of the law" though as it did stop a shot on goal.  

That's a little bit of a rosy view IMO.  I'd have given him a 7.5.  I thought CP was one of Cheslea's best players in the first half(either him or Kovacic), but I thought he gave the ball away a couple of times where he had the opportunity to make a dangerous play in the 2nd.  Chelsea' attack did seem to improve after CHO came on for Mount and he was moved to the 10 though, even before the two reds, so maybe that's what they're referring to.

Agree that it was a little harsh, especially given the setting.  It was "letter of the law" though as it did stop a shot on goal.  

That's a little bit of a rosy view IMO.  I'd have given him a 7.5.  I thought CP was one of Cheslea's best players in the first half(either him or Kovacic), but I thought he gave the ball away a couple of times where he had the opportunity to make a dangerous play in the 2nd.  Chelsea' attack did seem to improve after CHO came on for Mount and he was moved to the 10 though, even before the two reds, so maybe that's what they're referring to.
The rest of the ratings were pretty high considering they packed four goals at home and came back after going up two men.

The rest of the ratings were pretty high considering they packed four goals at home and came back after going up two men.
it is certainly a positive for the US that Pulisic is showing well both at the 10 and at the wing.    Whether the coach can figure out the best system for the US is another question.

A troubling trend:

Spurs U19 Results:

Olympiacos   1 -  Spurs 1

Spurs 1 -  Bayern 4

Spurs 9 - Red Star 2

Spurs Corresponding results

Olympiacos   2 -  Spurs 2

Spurs 2 -  Bayern 7

Spurs 5 - Red Star 0

And then today - already:

Red Star U19 2 - Spurs U19 0

Not a good omen...

I am not watching - but - Man City :lol:

Ederson -> Injured (not a laughing matter)

Bravo on -> Red Card

Enter Kyle Walker in Goal in a 1-1 game....

I think you have to credit Lamps.  I don't think this is just a run of form for CP.  I think he's improved in one key area.  And that's keeping himself involved after he gets rid of the ball and sniffing out those "right place, right time" goals.  And nobody was better at that than Lamps (albeit from a deeper position).  And it allows me to break out my Klinsmann impression again.  "He has ze hunger.  For goals!"

I think you have to credit Lamps.  I don't think this is just a run of form for CP.  I think he's improved in one key area.  And that's keeping himself involved after he gets rid of the ball and sniffing out those "right place, right time" goals.  And nobody was better at that than Lamps (albeit from a deeper position).  And it allows me to break out my Klinsmann impression again.  "He has ze hunger.  For goals!"
I agree.  Pulisic has taken a step in the last month IMO.  This is the most dangerous he's ever looked.  He's actually a bit selfish on the ball now and looking to score first/pass second and I think that is absolutely a Lampard suggestion.  I'm excited to see what heights he can reach with Chelsea and Frank coaching him the way they have.

Sounds like CP took a knock to his hip on the goal, which may have prompted his subbing.

Perfect timing. 
He was getting subbed before he scored.  You could see his sub on the sidelines waiting to come in on the build up to the goal.

Lamps after the game said he is worried about the hip injury.  I posted the interview in the US thread.

He was getting subbed before he scored.  You could see his sub on the sidelines waiting to come in on the build up to the goal.

Lamps after the game said he is worried about the hip injury.  I posted the interview in the US thread.
I made a mess of the "perfect timing" comment, which was supposed to relate to the international break not the subbing.

The way I see it - Spurs are holding the #5 team in the table to a draw - which is a good result for a mid-table squad.

Squeaky bum time now.  Hope Spurs can hold on for a point!

Naturally, Leicester and Chelsea are the other two teams in the title race w Liverpool and City. Just like we all had it before the season started.

Users who are viewing this thread