What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (4 Viewers)

And, so it begins.

:coffee:

Eriksen on the bench, Jose in the tunnel saying he needed "to see where Christian's heart is"

Dele looks back to his favored role, playing off Kane - but will there be enough creativity behind them?

Dier has long been a favorite of Jose's - back in the line-up.  Sissoko who has been an important players in the last couple of years to the bench.

Not saying Soton kits are ugly but if a u12 travel team in the States used them, 3/4 of parents would complain . (But at least they'd be complaining about something besides kids' playing time)

CP played scared, imo. Not a good game at all from him...some early attempts forward where he lost the ball or got muscled off too easily, errant passes, lots of looking up and passing backwards...just lacked the aggression going forward where you thought something could happen every time he touched the ball...turned into nothing happening every time he touched the ball. Oh well...will do better next time.

Gabigol scored in the 89th and 92nd minutes yesterday to win the Copa Libertadores over River Plate 2-1.  Wish I'd have watched - completely spaced it on a busy day.  The Flamengo twitter has some great posts from the game, the parties yesterday and the parade in Rio today.  I think this one was the post they did at full time yesterday --> https://twitter.com/Flamengo/status/1198359484923568135 
Not only did he win the match - he had the temerity to touch the trophy walking into the stadium...

And he got a red card at the end of the match

I hate the current hand ball rule, especially as used with VAR.

That second Tot goal...Sanchez knew nothing about that hitting his elbow. He gained no intended advantage out of it, even it fortuitously bounced right for him. It's too much going back and checking minutia after every goal...ruins the game, imo.

But that's not reviewed? More clear and obvious than Sanchez.

Btw...something about this bournmouth team I enjoy...always see them go tough head to head against every team.

Chelsea looked uninspired and lazy.  CP was the only player playing up to his potential IMO.  West Ham parked the bus, got a great counter goal and then parked two busses.  Chelsea couldn't manufacture the skill to beat the defense.
I thought Pulisic was once again the most dynamic attacking player for a bad Chelsea team.  Unfortunately, he also shanked what was probably the best chance of the day for Chelsea late in the game - close range and only the goalkeeper to beat and he booted it way wide.

I thought Pulisic had a very good first half.  The second half he was meh, but so was every one on Chelsea. 

Chelsea's is soooooo much better when they can get the first goal and force teams to open up against them.

I was not a fan of Bats sitting the entire game.  I think the team went strikerless late when Odoi came in for Giroud (who was not good on the day), went out wide and Pulisic I guess became the defacto number 9.

Pulisic's place on the depth chart is as high as it ever has been.  This game seemed a prime game to give him some rest and yet Lampard found time for Pedro, Wilian, Mount and Odoi and Pulisic still went 90.

Holy hell what a strike. Says he has nine on the season...pretty solid. I kept waiting for Boyd to up his game and be a #9 for the US...maybe?
I am far from a league snob but this is pretty low level opponents.   He is in the 3rd division of Germany now after looking totally useless in MLS.

Holy hell what a strike. Says he has nine on the season...pretty solid. I kept waiting for Boyd to up his game and be a #9 for the US...maybe?
Was coming to post this.  I don't care who it's against -- that's one of the all-time greatest goals scored by a Nat.  Trying to think of goals I'd put ahead of it.

Was coming to post this.  I don't care who it's against -- that's one of the all-time greatest goals scored by a Nat.  Trying to think of goals I'd put ahead of it.
Not that they are better per say but a couple of other great ones were Dempsey against Juventus while at Fulham.  And Bradley in Azteca was pretty cool.

Benny's winner against Mexico that won the Gold Cup that Floppo referenced was awesome too

Users who are viewing this thread