What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

DJackson10 said:
My only day off is that day so I'm super excited about this. I really have nothing in this as I like Both clubs anyway. If Pulusic was still with Dortmund probably would've swayed me more to them. 
Jump on the Gio Reyna band wagon early.  It will be crowded 12 months from now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NewlyRetired said:
Really pulling for Dortmund on Tuesday in the game against Bayern, as an unbiased fan.  If Dortmund can find the full three points, it will set up and awesome end run to the season for the Bundesliga crown.
Booo  :thumbdown: .  Although I actually think a competitive run is better for Bayern if the CL and DFB Pokal finish up.

DJackson10 said:
NASCAR Promotion. Not a real sport and honestly can't stand it.
I'm with you on this.

Open game so far. Chances at both ends (Bayern's defense hasn't impressed in the last two matches)
They did have a lapse in coverage last match indeed.

Here, as is often their Achilles heel, could be their high back line.  They play it all the time, and against top teams it can bite them.

TOR!  Just as I'm typing this.

Took Dortmund 25 minutes but they finally started to show some life. Early on they couldn't get out of their own way.

I say that as Bayern scores a well placed goal

Took Dortmund 25 minutes but they finally started to show some life. Early on they couldn't get out of their own way.

I say that as Bayern scores a well placed goal
I thought it was awesome goal live but when I saw the replay I think Burki should have tipped that over the bar.

Yeah looked awesome at first blush but keeper was caught a bit out of position that's why I went with "well placed"
Kind of a cheap goal to give away from a Keeper of Burki's caliber though. That's a shot that "Should be stopped" 99% of the time. 

As was mentioned, Davies looks so good as an attacking LB.

One thing I was just pondering...  how did Bayern see to convert him to an attacking LB?  Did they see something in him that converted to that position?  Did they tell him there was more PT available if he tried it out?  He always played up top in MLS (I think), so the transition seems so odd and yet it has worked so well.  

One thing I was just pondering...  how did Bayern see to convert him to an attacking LB?  Did they see something in him that converted to that position?  Did they tell him there was more PT available if he tried it out?  He always played up top in MLS (I think), so the transition seems so odd and yet it has worked so well.  
I found on out reddit from Vancouver fans that he actually did play LB for Vancouver quite a few times over the  years (they are rarely on TV so I never knew that).

Bayern just makes you play faster than you want to, don't they? And that says something in Bundesliga, which appears to be one of the faster of the major leagues in general.

Bayern seems to love moving players around to different positions see Alaba and Kimmich.

Adams is playing a RM in a 3421.  Interesting position for him.

Just turned on the game but hard to tell much as RBL is down to 10 men.

Well RBL tied Hertha Berlin 2-2.

Adams went the full 90' and RBL used all 5 subs.  I believe Tyler is still getting back to match fitness so he'll probably be limited at the next game.  

Bayern just makes you play faster than you want to, don't they? And that says something in Bundesliga, which appears to be one of the faster of the major leagues in general.
Flick's pressing system is pretty radical to the extent that he leaves both FBs high A LOT.  It helps that Pavard and Alaba are super-mobile for CBs and, of course, that Davies' recovery speed is inhuman.  Or, as Mueller said yesterday, "meep meep meep!"

I don't see an obvious place that has it on TV, but there is a really good Bundesliga 2 match at 2:30 eastern.
Stuttgart v Hamburg, two long time Bundesliga teams relegated in 2019 and 2018 respectively. 
They are currently 2nd and 3rd in the BL2 table.

I don't see an obvious place that has it on TV, but there is a really good Bundesliga 2 match at 2:30 eastern.
Stuttgart v Hamburg, two long time Bundesliga teams relegated in 2019 and 2018 respectively. 
They are currently 2nd and 3rd in the BL2 table.
According to LiveSoccerTV, it's available to the 17 people with FoxSoccerMatchPass.

But it also means there's a stream out there somewhere 

DFB Pokal today on ESPN at 230 eastern. It could be a total disaster.

Third tier Saarbrucken hasn't played a match in 94 days due to the Covid stoppage. They take on Leverkusen

eta...actually they're 4th tier

fascinating story though 

Last edited by a moderator:
DFB Pokal today on ESPN at 230 eastern. It could be a total disaster.

Third tier Saarbrucken hasn't played a match in 94 days due to the Covid stoppage. They take on Leverkusen

eta...actually they're 4th tier

fascinating story though 
A great story for them getting there, a crappy story regarding their training situation compared to their opponents.

Watching the subs being used liberally here today,  I like the 5 sub rule. This might not gain traction with the purists but I hope they keep the it. Manager can't lean on the injury excuse for not giving young players minutes. Also you would think fresher legs = more goals. Get 3 subs in before the 70th minute, 1 more in the next 10 - 15 and you still have an injury cover.

Leverkusen had 23 shots and 8 on goal.  Saarbrucken keeper did have a few really good saves. 2nd goal occurred when Saarbrucken CB took out his keeper.

Watching the subs being used liberally here today,  I like the 5 sub rule. This might not gain traction with the purists but I hope they keep the it. Manager can't lean on the injury excuse for not giving young players minutes. Also you would think fresher legs = more goals. Get 3 subs in before the 70th minute, 1 more in the next 10 - 15 and you still have an injury cover.
I think for developing purposes the 5 sub rule is good. I understand some people will hate it as it takes away Strategy (Similar but different to NL fans who hate the DH) but in terms of developing and giving players time its good. For example say I'm up 4-0 at halftime against a bad club with a champions league match or big match in the coming few days, why not take a few of my best players off at halftime maybe use 2 or 3 subs at the Half or within the first 55" mins get my best players some extra rest. No need to keep those guys out there in a match decided already. You still have 2 subs left and it gives you more players at your disposal 

Another argument against is that there's clubs right now who just don't have 5 real subs. Huge clubs with about 5-8 guys on the bench who could start for you or any team has an advantage compared to clubs lacking depth. Right now My Club Milan they have some good to above avg players but really our depth sub wise we really do not have 5 players at the ready to come in. It might be great though if they want to get the Young Maldini, Matteo Gabbia, or Brescianni some valuable game time they can use the extra sub but outside of Leo, Bonaventura, Biglia (When he's healthy thats a huge IF) and maybe Laxalt and one of Conti/Calabria depending who's not starting there's not much in terms of a bench to use. For smaller clubs its even worse.  

Copa Italia Semi Milan vs Juve coming your way in just over an Hr on ESPN+ service. Surprised they don't have this on the ESPN channels given everything going on We get a boring NBA the Jump on ESPN and ESPNNews has some schmuck called Will Caine on. ESPN2 has a corn hole competition on. Surely one of these 3 including the later 2 could've been bumped for this 

Coppa Italia goes goalless and Juve go through on away goal 1-1 egg. Ante Rebic was sent off in the 17' after Conti was called for a questionable Handball overturned to give JUVE a PK by VAR which Ronaldo Spoiled to the woodwork. Then Rebic decided to pull his best Netherlands Nigel Da Jong Kung Fu kick in the chest that he was sent off for. Juve couldn't do much with the man advantage. 

Napoli vs Rubentus in the Copa Final. Hope Napoli wins as they get an automatic Europa Group bid which could help Milan who are 6 PTS off 6th place. 

Fake Crowd Noise or No Crowd Noise?

I kind of prefer the no crowd noise feed, but might be in the minority here.
no noise, for me. but I wonder if the players like having the noise. it's been impressive watching the bundesliga games- the people operating the noise machine are really good at timing it. sounds like an actual crowd in real time reacting to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread