What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (1 Viewer)

English Championship playoff begins today at 1230 Eastern with Swansea Brentford on the +. 

Why didn't they push the start back an hour to not conflict with EPL Championship Sunday?

(Fulham - Cardiff Monday at 1445 Eastern)
it starts at 1:30 EDT... I am about to tune in

If Lingard is responsible for LC coming back here Bmav may go to England and murder him.
My Mom lives about 1.5 hours from me and when I talked to her after the game she said she could hear me yelling NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sadly as the game wore on, I could not see what subs they could make to see it out.  Figures McT for Rashford or Greenwood would be the first.  Not Lingard.  Bruno was out of gas too.  Hated seeing him come off but McT for him was ok, push Pogba up.  McT gives more defensively.

And THAT'S how lingard scores. Lol
Its the end of the world.  Lingard scores and Fellaini gets a hat trick in China, all with his head.  :fro:

True story...someone had a bet that Lingard wouldn't score all season.  Was winning the bet for 37 games and 97 minutes.

Paddy Power decided to pay out anyhow for the PR, but the bettor said he'd lost the bet fair and square so gave the ~100 quid to BLM.  Top lad.
I saw a couple of these stories.  One guy had a $10 bet that would have paid him $600+.  All he could do was laugh.

Lingard scored in Ole's first game last season and then waited until the last game of this season. (he did have some FA Cup & Europa goals against lower teams, but none in the EPL)

True story...someone had a bet that Lingard wouldn't score all season.  Was winning the bet for 37 games and 97 minutes.

Paddy Power decided to pay out anyhow for the PR, but the bettor said he'd lost the bet fair and square so gave the ~100 quid to BLM.  Top lad.
Great story - I think Schmeichel should give the guy the 100 quid.

I think the u16 Rec team I coached several years ago had better set pieces than the Quakes. They keep running a bastardized short corner and their free kick has way too moving parts.

Kyle Beckerman looks old and washed. Must be because he cut his hair.

He just got a red at the final whistle for kicking ball at ref. This was jusr after he was whistled for a blatant handball in the box which the Quakes converted for a punctuation mark.

He just got a red at the final whistle for kicking ball at ref. This was jusr after he was whistled for a blatant handball in the box which the Quakes converted for a punctuation mark.
I half watched the game while watching a show...thought the quakes looked sharp going forward. Good control on the ball and good shape. A bit sloppy in the back...but overall good.

With Vela and Josef Martinez sitting out, Diego Rossi might be the best player in MLS right now.  Just hit his 7th goal in his 4 games in the tournament.

With Vela and Josef Martinez sitting out, Diego Rossi might be the best player in MLS right now.  Just hit his 7th goal in his 4 games in the tournament.
Watched a tiny bit of that game and thought they looked really good.

All the naysayers blah blah blah... It's not elite levels, but what I've seen the last couple rounds of MLS games have shown some real quality.

Why didn't he get carded for the blatantly obvious and intentional handball?

Loved that Pulisic demanded the ball in the middle of the field to start that attack - just got the ball, turned, ran, found the right pass.

Serious question - is Giroud in danger of leaving this summer?

It looks like he has been a big influence on Pulisic - so, I would love to see him stay, even if its back to a reserve role. 

Users who are viewing this thread