What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

Non contact injuries for Pulisic are a nightmare considering how much physical damage he takes.

He is done until next season at best I think :(

Last edited by a moderator:
A shame about that second yellow.  Crap call and it took all the teeth out of the last ~25 minutes of the game.  Probably should've been a foul on Bellerin on that second Arsenal goal also.  But bad calls go both ways.

Maldini sighting at the 64' min of Cagliari/Milan. No not Paolo but Daniel comes in for Castillo with Milan up 3-0. Should be 5-0 but Ibra missed his first Spot Kick in Serie A after completing 14 straight or so going back to his last time in Milan 8 yrs ago and Rafeal Leo had two chances with one hitting the post that if it went in would've had Twitter soccer verse going bananas 

Matteo Bonetti

@BonettiESPN

·1m

Milan's undefeated streak since the restart: 13 matches • Nine wins • Four draws • 35 goals scored • 12 goals conceded

What a way to finish the year. Also Correri is reporting when Maldini came in last week after the match to announce Pioli renewal the players erupted in roars 

Arteta won the day vs Frank, imo. After chels hot start where it seemed like they were going to run all over them, there was some manner of tactical switch that minimized mount and cp, and got arsenal attacking quicker and deeper. Chels soooo slow moving the ball, especially around the back.

Ref was poor. The kova yellows, Luiz routinely manhandling giroud, bellerin clattering into Christensen  after his over hit before Auba's absolutely magic goal. What a goal though.

And CP. :(  he's out 2-3 months imo (just based on seeing guys do their hamstring). ####### sucks.

buy what a goal by him. The quick controlled touches in the box and sublime finish...made it look so easy when that was soooo hard. With him gone, nobody looked likely to score for chels.

MINN and POR crush the quakes and NYC respectively (4-1, 3-1) to advance to the final four.

Not a final four anybody would have ever anticipated...they join Philly and ORL.

With Martinez season ended for ATL, theyve signed Cubo Torres.

"The Athletic revealed earlier this year how Elliott and his family had been given a tour of the Bernabeu as Real sought to convince him to move to the Spanish capital. They asked if he would like them to arrange for him to meet long-serving Real captain Sergio Ramos.

Elliott politely declined, explaining he wasn’t a fan of Ramos after he cynically took Mohamed Salah out of the 2018 Champions League final by dumping him on his shoulder. “Yeah, that’s true,” he laughs. “I turned it down because of what he did to Mo.” "

Good kid, Harvey.

Loved that Pulisic demanded the ball in the middle of the field to start that attack - just got the ball, turned, ran, found the right pass.
And Mount tried to mess it up, lucky bounce and nice play by Giroud and Pulisic.  I don't understand the Mount love by Lampard, can someone explain it to me?  I mean aside from being a hard worker....

And I disagree that there should have been a foul on Bellerin before Auba's second goal.  Great tackle by Chelsea to win the ball and take out the man.  But the ref was poor.  Still not sure why it was a 2nd yellow other then the ref was quick to card everyone.  He started early with the bookings.

El Floppo said:
MINN and POR crush the quakes and NYC respectively (4-1, 3-1) to advance to the final four.

Not a final four anybody would have ever anticipated...they join Philly and ORL.

With Martinez season ended for ATL, theyve signed Cubo Torres.
COYT!!!!!

And Mount tried to mess it up, lucky bounce and nice play by Giroud and Pulisic.  I don't understand the Mount love by Lampard, can someone explain it to me?  I mean aside from being a hard worker....

And I disagree that there should have been a foul on Bellerin before Auba's second goal.  Great tackle by Chelsea to win the ball and take out the man.  But the ref was poor.  Still not sure why it was a 2nd yellow other then the ref was quick to card everyone.  He started early with the bookings.
Imagine bellerin touched the ball first and the chels defender slid into him late the way bellerin did. Likely a yellow, definitely a foul.

Mount is like an attacking version of Adams, imo. Closes the ball and space down really well and really quickly on the defensive side of things, just higher up the field. And he's got good attacking abilities that range from game breaker to game buster...still way too inconsistent in that regard imo, but I appreciate that he's still young and still "trying ####". And yes...he works very hard on both sides of ball.

Imagine bellerin touched the ball first and the chels defender slid into him late the way bellerin did. Likely a yellow, definitely a foul.

Mount is like an attacking version of Adams, imo. Closes the ball and space down really well and really quickly on the defensive side of things, just higher up the field. And he's got good attacking abilities that range from game breaker to game buster...still way too inconsistent in that regard imo, but I appreciate that he's still young and still "trying ####". And yes...he works very hard on both sides of ball.
I don't watch enough Chelsea, but when I have he just seems to be a hard worker.  I really haven't seen much more then a better version of Lingard.  And I am sure that's very harsh on Mount who is young and has scored a few more this season (even above the De Gea howler), which is why I asked.  I don't see the vision and the skill and it seems he is favored over Pulisic and I can't figure out why when CP is so much better then him, at least when I've watched.  

But before I labeled him the next Lingard I wanted to ask....

I don't watch enough Chelsea, but when I have he just seems to be a hard worker.  I really haven't seen much more then a better version of Lingard.  And I am sure that's very harsh on Mount who is young and has scored a few more this season (even above the De Gea howler), which is why I asked.  I don't see the vision and the skill and it seems he is favored over Pulisic and I can't figure out why when CP is so much better then him, at least when I've watched.  

But before I labeled him the next Lingard I wanted to ask....
He plays a similar role as lingard, I think- tucked in behind the forward and making life difficult for the opposing team. Like I said- mount has been up and down, but I went from not getting him and his inclusion at the beginning of the year to seeing his worth, even if he needs to get a lot more consistent. 

As the season progressed, it became clear that CP plays wide and Mount plays more tucked in, so even though early on he lost time to mount, I think later in the season mount would start instead of CP only when CP was carrying a knock or needing a rest. With CP establishing his abilities and role, I don't think they'll be in direct competition moving forward.

He plays a similar role as lingard, I think- tucked in behind the forward and making life difficult for the opposing team. Like I said- mount has been up and down, but I went from not getting him and his inclusion at the beginning of the year to seeing his worth, even if he needs to get a lot more consistent. 

As the season progressed, it became clear that CP plays wide and Mount plays more tucked in, so even though early on he lost time to mount, I think later in the season mount would start instead of CP only when CP was carrying a knock or needing a rest. With CP establishing his abilities and role, I don't think they'll be in direct competition moving forward.
Also wonder if the 3-4-3 vs 4-3-3 Lampard went back and forth with changed how they fit.  Anyway, appreciate the feedback.  

Lingard was often the 10 in the 4-2-3-1 but was also asked to play wide at times.  He worked hard and pressured the def, but his positioning was always horrible and he was often in the wrong spot causing congestion in the center and no balance across the field.  Hopefully Mount has more sense of positioning then that.

0-0 at the half

:popcorn:
0-0 in the 75th.

this Benrahma for BRE looks legit. only guy on the field that looks like an EPL player. Ream has been mostly good- very clean in possession (outside of a howler giveaway that he defended well) with some great longer balls forward.

FUL remind me of Chelsea's style of play- lots of slow passing between the CBs and CMFs in the back, going nowhere. and no CP up front. 

but oh... here's come Mitro (former NU beast) up front.

eta... BRE look more likely to score the winner so far, with 10 to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
FUL remind me of Chelsea's style of play- lots of slow passing between the CBs and CMFs in the back, going nowhere. and no CP up front. 

but oh... here's come Mitro (former NU beast) up front.

eta... BRE look more likely to score the winner so far, with 10 to go.
Just turned it on - but Fulham look like they are trying not to lose, more than trying to win.

gk cheating the pk spot on a 40yd free kick expecting a ball sent into the box... player whips it straight at goal instead

that was nuts.

I saw the ball going and thought the player taking it had gotten it all kinds of wrong. then the net rippled... wow.

Users who are viewing this thread