What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (8 Viewers)

It's more of how the way they play then defense. They play a high risk offense exposing them at the back 

And I guess the Clock has struck midnight for Atalanta  :wall:
they can play a high press and not be so bad in the back. but as I said- they're truly awful defensively.

I thought tonight (Atlético v. Leipzig) would have been one of the better matches of the knockouts before Timo Werner left Leipzig but it should still be decently contested. Will just be that much more difficult for RBL to break down the Madrid's defense. Either 1-0 Atlético or 0-0 the whole way and go to penalties.

I thought tonight (Atlético v. Leipzig) would have been one of the better matches of the knockouts before Timo Werner left Leipzig but it should still be decently contested. Will just be that much more difficult for RBL to break down the Madrid's defense. Either 1-0 Atlético or 0-0 the whole way and go to penalties.
Tyler Adams will score 43 goals, so it should be an easy RB victory.

Tyler Adams will score 43 goals, so it should be an easy RB victory.
Quick trivia question for you all (I had to look it up because I was curious)...

Who is the first and only American to be a part of a UEFA Champions League winning squad?

And he wasn't even selected for the final match so not sure if it counts in your eyes...

Quick trivia question for you all (I had to look it up because I was curious)...

Who is the first and only American to be a part of a UEFA Champions League winning squad?

And he wasn't even selected for the final match so not sure if it counts in your eyes...
gonna throw some spaghetti out there before Andy, Scoob or Eephus chime in with the winner:

Joe-Max, Harkes, Timmeh, Keller, Gooch, Spector

All those solo runs are the same though -- where the runner repeatedly takes advantage of defenders getting there a half-step late and touches it behind them.  Always feel like those are more terrible defense than anything.  Maradonna's, Clint Mathis's, this one -- all the exact same thing IMO.  Not saying there's not skill involved, but I don't think those are in the same ballpark as Suarez's (except in rarity).
:coffee:

Goal of the Year

:rant: Where the hell are the links, you guys?

Sitting here at a computer listening the broadcast on SXM 157 and waiting on one of you bastards to link up some clips.

:banned:

Paulson was dreck today. never really been a fan based on very limited viewing- so I assume he must be quality or he wouldn't be out there for a CL team... but just awful today. 

and I forgot all about Costa and how much I love/hate him. but that CB owned his jock today. Joao Felix is the #### though. 

Man these two matches so far have been awesome.
Not really.  The quality of the play was only OK in this match.  Atleti was late to the second ball a lot of the time, and did little to put pressure on RBL until Felix came on.  They missed Correa for sure.  Carrasco doesn't work hard enough either.

Can't fault RBL though.  Their center backs were great (except for getting beat and giving up a penalty).  Well coached with a good gameplan, but not likely to have enough talent to overpower bigger clubs.

Not really.  The quality of the play was only OK in this match.  Atleti was late to the second ball a lot of the time, and did little to put pressure on RBL until Felix came on.  They missed Correa for sure.  Carrasco doesn't work hard enough either.

Can't fault RBL though.  Their center backs were great (except for getting beat and giving up a penalty).  Well coached with a good gameplan, but not likely to have enough talent to overpower bigger clubs.
Was talking in terms of late drama deciding both.

watching the replays... AM was a mess in transition on Tyler's goal- he ran at goal wihtout anybody near him. But he made the smart run and took his first touch perfectly to set up his golazo.

and each announcer is pronouncing "joao" differently.

yeah... the talent doesn't seem there individually- especially without Werner. RB has their smartly shaped, direct attacking system, which definitely works to make the sum greater than the parts... but only if everybody's on the same page and they get some players to step up. With the way Paulsen played today, and when Ju-Wow/Joe/Joao came on and took the game over, I figured RBL were done. 

no idea how they'll do against the world class players on PSG. but it seems like opposites in terms of teams- one is a well coached cohesive collection of guys, the other is group of individuals who can beat anybody individually. 

Users who are viewing this thread