Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread

Whats up with goalie that was attacked by a masked dude. Pretty crazy.

If there are soccer gods, they will have Sweden lose this match to Brazil on an own goal that occurs after the keeper makes a save that rebounds off one of the fifty-three defenders Sweden has stationed in the box.  God, I hate watching teams park the bus.

Of course, Brazil could help things by actually showing some creativity in their attack.  Too many long shots and predictable crosses against defenders six inches taller than them.

Also, I wonder how many threads this post qualifies for - I can think of four off the top of my head (this one, soccer, Olympics, and Olympic chicks).  

• Like 1

I am recording both the Gladbach and the Citeh games today. Could someome PM me at their conclusions and tell me which would be the better game to watch tonight? WITHOUT TELLING ME THE SCORES?! Thanks, YIC.

4 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I am recording both the Gladbach and the Citeh games today. Could someome PM me at their conclusions and tell me which would be the better game to watch tonight? WITHOUT TELLING ME THE SCORES?! Thanks, YIC.

PMs are for suckers.  I will just set up two threads for each game... one with and one without spoilers. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jaysus said:

PMs are for suckers.  I will just set up two threads for each game... one with and one without spoilers. 

:lmao:

One of us is really screwed up.

34 minutes ago, The Kansas Comet said:

If there are soccer gods, they will have Sweden lose this match to Brazil on an own goal that occurs after the keeper makes a save that rebounds off one of the fifty-three defenders Sweden has stationed in the box.  God, I hate watching teams park the bus.

Of course, Brazil could help things by actually showing some creativity in their attack.  Too many long shots and predictable crosses against defenders six inches taller than them.

Also, I wonder how many threads this post qualifies for - I can think of four off the top of my head (this one, soccer, Olympics, and Olympic chicks).  

Follow the flow chart. 

1 hour ago, The Kansas Comet said:

ok... so that didn't happen.

eta: didn't watch the game- checked in on ESPN gamecenter... tough way to lose. 67% possession, force the GK into 9 saves, lose on PKs.

Edited by El Floppo

9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

ok... so that didn't happen.

eta: didn't watch the game- checked in on ESPN gamecenter... tough way to lose. 67% possession, force the GK into 9 saves, lose on PKs.

Same thing happened to the US, which led to Hope's charming remarks. 

Sweden has had 35% possession and been out-shot ?58-9? in its two knockout games vs USWNT & Brazil. #SWESweden.png

Hey, if you don't want a team to bunker, break them down and finish your dinner.

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Same thing happened to the US, which led to Hope's charming remarks. 

Hey, if you don't want a team to bunker, break them down and finish your dinner.

#God Bless Catenaccio 

Kun apparently testing his new one man show, History's Greatest PK Misses.  That was a hell of a Baggio there. 

I blame Momcilivic.

Dons 0 - S****horpe 2

League 1 football on a Conference budget is going to be a challenge.

2 hours ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Kun apparently testing his new one man show, History's Greatest PK Misses.  That was a hell of a Baggio there. 

3 goals, 2 pks saved, 1 laser pointer in the eye....

all in a days work

6 hours ago, Kafka said:

Lol at Lalas calling himself a "romantic"...somebody please end him.

One of the sport's true gems. :wub:

6 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

I mean, he most certainly is targeted...  but it is because he flippin' should be for the way he acts/plays. What does he expect?

Costa and Trump - If they are going to call me out for everything I say and do its just not fair!

Honduras with a nice run into medal contention, buzzsawed 15 seconds after kickoff by fastest goal in oly history (thanks neymar). I think they lost 6-0. 

hopefully we'll get a germany brazil rematch.

32 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Honduras with a nice run into medal contention, buzzsawed 15 seconds after kickoff by fastest goal in oly history (thanks neymar). I think they lost 6-0. 

hopefully we'll get a germany brazil rematch.

looks like you get your wish....

Is this the thread where I discuss the Jacksonville Armada vs. Fort Lauderdale Strikers game I'm watching on CBS Sports Network?

2 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Is this the thread where I discuss the Jacksonville Armada vs. Fort Lauderdale Strikers game I'm watching on CBS Sports Network?

KEEP IT IN THE NASL THREAD, GUY

2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

KEEP IT IN THE NASL THREAD, GUY

There's at least 130 people at this game.

11 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: read this guy's career history on Wikipedia.  It is very clearly Google-translated into broken English from another language.

Dont mess with the half-handed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Tasker said:

Discuss implies more than one person will be involved.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve Tasker said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: read this guy's career history on Wikipedia.  It is very clearly Google-translated into broken English from another language.

Pretty sure Kafka wrote that bio

Adriano Manfred Laaber is half-handed style creator.... At that time the team arrived at the interior of an unlikely event in seventh place, and did draw attention to the then puny half.... Expert free kick taker and corner kicks, dribbling in small spaces, linked to good kicks left leg did just that... Adrianinho was tipped to take even a place in the Austria squad, because the young half, had the last name and ascedência direct (coming from his father) in that country.... He arrived at Gavia, moreover, with the purpose of wearing the number 10 shirt, previously worn by Zico, and moral to take the wave of supportive team then headed by Julio Cesar Leal..... Low productivity caused his original contract, the risk does not last longer than the first four months allowed... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Terrible kits for Soton imo

Gray shirts and black shorts would be better IMO

Just now, Eephus said:

Gray shirts and black shorts would be better IMO

And get rid of the red socks

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

I think the problem is MUFC is wearing black socks so Soton needs something contrasting w/ that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

This.  The shirt-shorts combo isn't good, but the red socks make the kit look awful.

Looked like he was reading the paper or something and then BOOM attacks the cross from a standing start.

It was such an odd set-up, because you could see Rooney having a spot of tea, while he located Zlatan, then just put in a training ground cross, goal.

Edited by Sinn Fein

What are the announcers watching?  Ibra is" the only one in the box" as the ball goes over Pogba's head to Zlatan

I have a feeling this is going to be emblematic of many United games this year - long stretches of disinterest, followed by moments of brilliance.

ETA - I think they will turn up for 90 minutes against certain teams but most games will be rather boring.

Edited by Sinn Fein