What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Williams, NYJ (2 Viewers)

That's my fault... having watched every Clemson game for the last two decades, I mentioned how talented MW was and that he'd only rank behind Watkins in the best WRs to come through the program during that time. It apparently rubbed some the wrong way. 
It' ok, having conversations comparing players is valuable IMO. Also, you do realize you are the one making the bold claim here, right? 

Last edited by a moderator:
It' ok, having conversations comparing players is valuable IMO. Also, you do realize you are the one making the bold claim here, right? 
Im not really sure what's so bold about it.  "Top 10 drafted WR appears more talented than established pretty good WR" wouldn't make many hot takes list.

Im not really sure what's so bold about it.  "Top 10 drafted WR appears more talented than established pretty good WR" wouldn't make many hot takes list.
Deandre Hopkins has the 3rd most receiving yards in NFL history by the age of 24. Only Fitz and Moss had more by that age. 

Deandre Hopkins has the 3rd most receiving yards in NFL history by the age of 24. Only Fitz and Moss had more by that age. 
How many WRs played 4 full seasons in that time?  I genuinely don't know.   He's played 64 games  

Also think its odd to compare passing / receiving stats in the current NFL to other eras but whatever.

Regardless,Nuk is awesome. No doubt. I'll take MW though. 

Keenan averages 5.8 rec/game,  68 yards/game and 0.4 TD/game. Over a 16 game season, that is  93 receptions, 1088 and 7 TDs. It's not Randy Moss but for a 3rd round pick, it's a big hit and a WR1 in PPR. If Mike Williams clearly surpasses those averages, he probably is on par with Green and Evans. 
I did two girls in a single day once.  Over the course of my 41 years, that comes to almost 30k girls done.

This fuzzy math stuff is fun!!!

I did two girls in a single day once.  Over the course of my 41 years, that comes to almost 30k girls done.

This fuzzy math stuff is fun!!!
Per game averages aren't fuzzy math. Your math reasoning is just off here. Your per day sex partner  average is 0.0001 partners per day. 

Keenan Allen's last good season was the same year as Josh Gordon's.

It may be time for the Chargers to welcome a #1 receiver who actually plays on Sundays.  Perhaps, that guy will be Mike Williams.

I didn't mean stylistically, just in quality of prospect based on the draft slot. 
Ah, I see.  No.  AJ Green was only rivaled by Julio as a prospect in my book.  Checks just about ever box possible.

I don't like the measurables on Williams as much as Evans (particularly vert).   I do think both play faster than their 40 times due to poor running form.

To pick recent prospects, he is more similar to Parker than Evans.  Both came in with a lot of good physical traits, but needed to refine route running and use their size better against NFL DBs than they had to do in college.

i have the 1.07 in two of my dynos, I need TE pretty badly in both, but if he is there its going to be hard to pass him up if nothing more serious about his back comes to light

i have the 1.07 in two of my dynos, I need TE pretty badly in both, but if he is there its going to be hard to pass him up if nothing more serious about his back comes to light
I took him at 1.08 staring down OJ Howard smh. Jimmy Graham I hope you show up this year.

I'm on board for MW - speaking more Dynasty, but I'll go to the mat for him. Who is your guy so I can be sure to bump those if things don't work out?

How would my naming any player as "my player" be relevant to this discussion, and more specifically your claims that you know more than anyone else about Clemson WRs and especially specifically about Williams?

Keenan Allen's last good season was the same year as Josh Gordon's.

It may be time for the Chargers to welcome a #1 receiver who actually plays on Sundays.  Perhaps, that guy will be Mike Williams.
Sure.  It's worth banking on that for a guy whose back is sore enough that he can't even get on the field for minicamp.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports first round WR Mike Williams (back) is not expected to need surgery.

The Chargers were considering surgery 3-4 weeks ago, but multiple sources tell RapSheet it's "not on the table" anymore. Williams has reportedly been improving since going down in late May. He's expected to open training camp on the active/PUP list.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Jul 19 - 7:31 PM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports first round WR Mike Williams (back) is not expected to need surgery.

The Chargers were considering surgery 3-4 weeks ago, but multiple sources tell RapSheet it's "not on the table" anymore. Williams has reportedly been improving since going down in late May. He's expected to open training camp on the active/PUP list.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Jul 19 - 7:31 PM

Hawkeye21 said:
Why do I get the impression that Schefter was trying to trade for Williams in his dynasty league this afternoon?

I'm #TeamSchefter because I still have some Tyrell shares. But I have pick 6 in a rookie draft in another league, so I am #TeamRapsheet there.

He has been terrible the last couple of seasons iirc

Schefter is the Cecil Lammey of NFL reporters. He just regurgitates what he hears from others passed off as original material and has no gage whether it is accurate or not.  Shanahan used to use Schefter like a rented mule to diseminate whatever he wanted on the wire when Schefter was a beat writer in Denver.

Users who are viewing this thread