What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Season - Bold Predictions (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
What bold predictions are you declaring for the year?  Could be about a team specifically or a certain player, whatever floats your boat. 

Every year there's something of a surprise so I'll start with mine.

1.  Broncos don't get in the playoffs, and not only that, they get LAST in their division

2.  Antonio Brown gets 200+ catches and 2000+ yds receiving breaking records 

That's all I got for now, now list your own and discuss

People, experts included, making arguments that start with "If you take <some small window of games> and you project that production over an entire season IT COMES OUT TO..... !!!!" will be sadly, sadly disappointed. Before you say that's not bold listen to how many people use those arguments this time of year. It's a LOT of folks that seem to think this makes complete sense.

1) This thread will reach 5+ pages, and at least one poster will exceed a 25% hit rate on their "bold predictions" then come back here next season and crow about it.

Green Bay's offense doesn't rebound and final results for their fantasy players are closer to 2015 than 2014. 

DeAngelo outscores Leveon again. 

Moncrief leads the league in TD receptions. 

What bold predictions are you declaring for the year?  Could be about a team specifically or a certain player, whatever floats your boat. 

1.  Broncos don't get in the playoffs, and not only that, they get LAST in their division

200 catches comes out to 12.5 catches a game over a 16 game season. Brown has had 13 or more receptions in 3 career games. That's beyond bold; it's statistically near impossible.

1) This thread will reach 5+ pages, and at least one poster will exceed a 25% hit rate on their "bold predictions" then come back here next season and crow about it.
Yep and that's not bold 

200 receptions won't happen but 2000 yards will for brown. 

Derrick Henry scores more in ff than DeMarco Murray. 

Division winners include the Giants, Vikings  and Raiders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep and that's not bold 

200 receptions won't happen but 2000 yards will for brown. 

Derrick Henry scores more in ff than DeMarco Murray. 

Division winners include the Giants, Vikings and Raiders.
Vikings won the division last year. Not that bold of a call. Jacksonville winning the division is a bold call

Ameer Abdullah 1500 total yds 12tds

marvin jones finishes top 12

Brady finishes top 5 playing 12 games

Khalil Mack wins NFL MVP(and I got him @50-1) & DPOY

NO WR Michael Thomas will battle overwhelming favorite Zeke for ROY

Jimmy Garrapolo is 3rd on Pats depth chart by December and can't be traded for a tackling dummy in the offseason

Todd Gurley offensive POY 1800yds / 16 tds

NE/Oak AFC Champ   

Duke Johnson PPR gold top 12 overall RB in PPR

Bennett will be top 8 TE

Bama backs all have great years - Lacy, Ingram and Henry in that order - all in top 15 overall rb.

:lmao:  It's like you know this place. Except for the waiting until next season part ... I expect to see this thread bumped at least once a month.

In increasing order of boldness:

1. Tyler Boyd leads rookie WRs in fantasy points (standard scoring).
  2. The Vikings QB (whoever he/they are) scores more fantasy points than Bridgewater did in '15.
  3. Josh Gordon finishes no better than 4th in receiving yards on the Browns.
  4. Matt Stafford is a top-3 fantasy QB.
  5. Coby Fleener finishes TE1, ahead of Gronk.
  6. The Bengals not only win a playoff game, they win Super Bowl LI.  :scared:

Bradford finally comes into his own, DGB turns out to be a stud, Eagles win that division

Kirk Cousins turns out to actually suck

Browns go into week 17 controlling their own destiny for a wildcard playoff birth (and lose to a team out of the hunt)

Tyrod is a top 3 fantasy QB

They play the Chargers, so you're halfway there with this one!
Actually they play the Steelers in week 17 (the Chargers the week before).

A potential Browns loss with a playoff berth on the line, to their most bitter rival with nothing to play for, would be just about the most Browns thing the Browns could possibly Brown.

You don't believe in John Elway and Trevor Siemien?

RG3 out scores Cam Newton in Fantasy points

Foster plays all 16 games and finishes as a top 5 RB.

No Arizona RB has more than 150 carries and Ellington finishes as the highest scoring of the group

Antonio Brown finishes the season with less than 85/1100/6 and finishes outside the top 24 WR's.

Virgil Green finishes the season as a top 5 TE with more than 70 receptions.

Browns go into week 17 controlling their own destiny for a wildcard playoff birth (and lose to a team out of the hunt)-
Browns play @ Pittsburgh Week 17 - that would make this prediction even more interesting since it's a big rivalry which has always heavily favored the Steelers.

Browns play @ Pittsburgh Week 17 - that would make this prediction even more interesting since it's a big rivalry which has always heavily favored the Steelers.
hm yea it never occurred to me to actually look up the schedule.  regardless of what team they play, the browns are going to blow it.

You want bold?  I'll give you bold!

Jimmy Garrapolo looks great in weeks 1-4 and Brady struggles when he returns.   Brady maintains the starting job until he is injured in week 13 and Garrapolo leads the team down the stretch.  Brady returns for the playoffs, plays like poop and the Pats are one and done.    

During the offseason the Pats release Brady (or he retires) and name Garrapolo as their starting QB for 2017.

Cousins > 4,200 yards 32 TDs

Jeremy Hill > 1,000 yards rushing and > 10 TDs

Demaryius Thomas falls outside of the top 30 WRs in PPR

None of: Gronk, Fleener, Reed, Olsen or Walker play more than 13 games this year

You don't believe in John Elway and Trevor Siemien?
As a matter of fact I don't, and I live in Denver :shock: .  Their defense is great, but someone will figure out how to score points on them (I'm guessing someone in their division), and that will be exploited for the rest of the season.  That offense will average 20 points at best through the year.  20 points is literally the cutoff for bottom 7 offenses in the league from last year based on points of course.  22.73 was league average. 

As a matter of fact I don't, and I live in Denver :shock: .  Their defense is great, but someone will figure out how to score points on them (I'm guessing someone in their division), and that will be exploited for the rest of the season.  That offense will average 20 points at best through the year.  20 points is literally the cutoff for bottom 7 offenses in the league from last year based on points of course.  22.73 was league average. 
Yeah it's hard to believe Elway didn't have a better plan B then Sanchez and Siemien... 

Cousins > 4,200 yards 32 TDs

Jeremy Hill > 1,000 yards rushing and > 10 TDs

Demaryius Thomas falls outside of the top 30 WRs in PPR

None of: Gronk, Fleener, Reed, Olsen or Walker play more than 13 games this year
Appropriate username for bold predictions thread.

You want bold?  I'll give you bold!

Jimmy Garrapolo looks great in weeks 1-4 and Brady struggles when he returns.   Brady maintains the starting job until he is injured in week 13 and Garrapolo leads the team down the stretch.  Brady returns for the playoffs, plays like poop and the Pats are one and done.    

During the offseason the Pats release Brady (or he retires) and name Garrapolo as their starting QB for 2017.
Where does bold end and insanity begin?  Jimmy G sucks.

QB: BOLD: Jacoby Brissett replaces Garrapolo during/by week 3.  BOLD: Dak Prescott is Offensive Rookie of Year. Bold: Andrew Luck doesn't finish the season

RB: BOLD: Melvin Gordon is Top 10 RB, Bold: Mark Ingram is NOT top 10 RB, Bold: People will regret drafting Christine Michael, Bold: Robert Turbin has more yards than Frank Gore

WR: BOLD: Chris Hogan has over 100 catches, BOLD: Cody Latimer has more fantasy points than Emmanuel Sanders Bold: Marvin Jones is a top 15 WR

TE: BOLD: Jesse James 70 rec, 800 yards, 8 TDs, Bold: Zach Ertz will NOT be top 10 TE, Bold: Travis Kelce is #1 TE in fantasy points scored

One bold prediction for each of the three teams I follow, and one for each important FF position.

Detroit Loins: Stafford leads the team into the playoffs and WINS a playoff game on the road (there's so many bold predictions just in this statement that it's about to implode)

Baltimore Ravens: West and Wallace lead the team at their respective positions, and Flacco throws for 30 TDs

Washington Redskins: Cousins ends up with more INTs than TDs, and they finish last in the NFC East

QB: Prescott wins ROY on the back of a Winston-like rookie year

RB: Rawls finishes as a Top-3 RB

WR: Jordan Matthews finishes as a Top-6 WR

QB: BOLD: Jacoby Brissett replaces Garrapolo during/by week 3.  BOLD: Dak Prescott is Offensive Rookie of Year. Bold: Andrew Luck doesn't finish the season

RB: BOLD: Melvin Gordon is Top 10 RB, Bold: Mark Ingram is NOT top 10 RB, Bold: People will regret drafting Christine Michael, Bold: Robert Turbin has more yards than Frank Gore

WR: BOLD: Chris Hogan has over 100 catches, BOLD: Cody Latimer has more fantasy points than Emmanuel Sanders Bold: Marvin Jones is a top 15 WR

TE: BOLD: Jesse James 70 rec, 800 yards, 8 TDs, Bold: Zach Ertz will NOT be top 10 TE, Bold: Travis Kelce is #1 TE in fantasy points scored
These ARE bold.  Kudos for that.  Vegas puts the over/under on your 13 predictions at 2.5 (Dak, Marvin, and maybe Turbin via injury).

SeniorVBDStudent said:
These ARE bold.  Kudos for that.  Vegas puts the over/under on your 13 predictions at 2.5 (Dak, Marvin, and maybe Turbin via injury).
I'll take the over on 2.5 personally. There are at least 5 predictions on that list I think are somewhere between "a decent chance" and "a coin flip" (Luck, Gordon, Michael, Jones, Ertz). And RBs get injured so often in their line of work that I'd never bet against an injury to a bellcow back like Ingram or Gore.

I will be very impressed if any of the other predictions on that list come to pass, however.

New England goes winless (0-4) during Tom Brady's absence.

They still win the AFC East.

Jameis Winston finishes as a Top 5 QB
Odell Beckham scores 20+ TDs
LeSean McCoy returns to fantasy stardom with a Top 3 finish
David Johnson busts and finishes outside the Top 15
Ryan Mathews plays 14+ games and finishes inside the Top 10

NFL:
The Broncos win the AFC West(Only 2/20 predicted on NFL Network) and make it back to the AFC Championship, where they fall to the Patriots.
The Patriots do not lose a game after Brady's return.
The Packers finish with at least 15 regular season wins.
The Eagles make the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread