What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any holes you see? (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
First time doing IDP league and we went through a draft and I just want to gauge where I'm at since I have very little idea on what I'm looking for in regards to IDP players.  I'm pretty solid on the offensive side, just dont know where I fall on the defensive side. 

1QB 3RB 5WR 2TE 1DT 2DE 3LB 2CB 2S 1 regular flex, 1 super flex, 1 Defensive flex

My defensive players are:

DT - Haloti Ngata, Linval Joseph

DE - Cliff Avril, Everson Griffen, Mario Edwards, Robert Nkemdiche, JPP

LB - Navorro Bowman, Deon Bucannon, Preston Brown, James Laurinaitis, Sean Lee, Lawrence Timmons, Su'a Cravens

CB - Brent Grimes, Jonathan Joseph, Sam Shields

S - Landon Collins, Mike Adams, Karl Joseph

Link to the league if you need that for scoring purposes http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/28775#0

Would really appreciate some help here

My general comment is to research IDP heavily and take projections incorporated into your scoring system.  Most new to IDP'ers don't dive too deep and there is plenty of advantage to be gained by knowing your scoring system and the quirks that certain players may have within it.  Almost all fantasy league players that take the dive to IDP are competent on the offensive side so that ends up being a wash most of the time so if you can capitalize on the IDP side to gain significant advantages it will carry you a long way to the title.

Your team seems decent across the board with a nice mix of talent.  I would look to improve at DT and hit the waiver wire early for DB's once this year's crop of top 10 players show themselves.  There is always a handful of DB's that become IDP studs each year but you generally don't know who they are until the season gets going. 

My general comment is to research IDP heavily and take projections incorporated into your scoring system.  Most new to IDP'ers don't dive too deep and there is plenty of advantage to be gained by knowing your scoring system and the quirks that certain players may have within it.  Almost all fantasy league players that take the dive to IDP are competent on the offensive side so that ends up being a wash most of the time so if you can capitalize on the IDP side to gain significant advantages it will carry you a long way to the title.

Your team seems decent across the board with a nice mix of talent.  I would look to improve at DT and hit the waiver wire early for DB's once this year's crop of top 10 players show themselves.  There is always a handful of DB's that become IDP studs each year but you generally don't know who they are until the season gets going. 
Thanks for the advice.  I took over this team and the other people in the league have all been doing IDP for ~3 years at a minimum so I'm quite far behind in that regard.  Just looking at top performers from last year and the year before there seems to be guys that sneak up in there out of the blue like you said, so I figure all I have to do is be vigilant on that and I'll be ok.  Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice.  I took over this team and the other people in the league have all been doing IDP for ~3 years at a minimum so I'm quite far behind in that regard.  Just looking at top performers from last year and the year before there seems to be guys that sneak up in there out of the blue like you said, so I figure all I have to do is be vigilant on that and I'll be ok.  Thanks again.
Just because those guys have been doing IDP for 3 years doesn't mean they get it.  My IDP league has been going for 11 years and about half of the league still leaves big holes on the IDP side every year mostly in the scheme changes and the impact that has on players scoring.  They look at past performances and don't take into account that the player is now playing a different role or the defensive scheme has changed and now they don't get the tackle opportunities anymore. 

The biggest help you can give yourself is to read up on defensive schemes and how they impact tackle opportunities.  It will give you a big advantage.

Looks like you are solid. The one player I don't like is Ngata. I would drop him and either go with 1DT or add another player....

If you want another DT I would drop Ngata and grab Hankins...if you only decide to keep 1DT I would grab Perryman or Malcolm Smith ASAP if you can. I think Perryman is one of next big IDP studs

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread