Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyter1

Demaryius Thomas for 2017 1st

8 posts in this topic

16 Tm PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE

I started a rebuild in my 16 TM league this year and am looking to trade DT. I have sent out trades to almost every team in our league, but haven't had any responses that I like. The best counter I have received is below; which is from the team that picks 1.01 this year, but adding Zeke and DT to his team will make him a lot more competitive. Using projections this trade would take his team from 2nd worst to 5th worst in our league. He does have a lot of 2nd rd rookie picks that could make his team better, but for now I'm would put his pick as top 6.

I guess the short is would you trade DT for a possible top 6 pick next year?

I give: DT

I get: 2017 1st and 3.02 this year

I would pass on that. Thomas is worth more, at least in my opinion... The only reason why you're not offered more is because of the uncertainty at the QB position. I'd wait for now.

That isn't even close to enough for Thomas. I think Thomas is worth more than anyone in this draft other than Elliott. Next year's class is nice, but it isn't a loc that your pick will be high enough to get anyone in Thomas' league, and possibly not even close.

Agree with above.  

Thomas is still young and although his QB situation may hold him back, I'd be looking for much more of a sure thing than a top six pick in the draft for him a year down the road.

Please offer some advice on my dynasty trade question.  Thanks! :thumbup:

Next year's class is stacked, but DT is a proven performer, and is not that old.

Keep DT.

I'm not thrilled by the offer but I think you need to sometimes adjust your expectations based on the makeup of your league.  It sounded from your post that you are doing a complete rebuild so DT has no value on staying on your team.  You probably need to ask yourself do you take what you can get for DT now or hope something better comes along during the season? Of course you risk DT getting injured and not being able to move him at all if you hold.  If I were doing a complete tear down I would probably contact the other teams that had made offers and see if they want to make one more offer and let them know you are about to trade him.  This will assure you are getting your best offer.  I think if you are committing to a complete tear down you have to at some point just take the best offer you can get and move forward.

1 hour ago, Warhogs said:

I'm not thrilled by the offer but I think you need to sometimes adjust your expectations based on the makeup of your league.  It sounded from your post that you are doing a complete rebuild so DT has no value on staying on your team.  You probably need to ask yourself do you take what you can get for DT now or hope something better comes along during the season? Of course you risk DT getting injured and not being able to move him at all if you hold.  If I were doing a complete tear down I would probably contact the other teams that had made offers and see if they want to make one more offer and let them know you are about to trade him.  This will assure you are getting your best offer.  I think if you are committing to a complete tear down you have to at some point just take the best offer you can get and move forward.

Agree with this theory 100%.  The value you perceive a player to have doesn't always line up with your fellow league mates point of view.  DT has more value than a 2017 1st but at the same time, the longer you hold, the less value he'll bring in return.  I would wait for the contenders to shake out and then offer him up, you might be able to snag a good young rookie and a couple of 2017 picks in return. 

Thank your for the feedback. I agree with the consensus that DT should have more value than what I would be getting, but just haven't been able to get what I might want. 

I'm leaning toward taking the offer. DT doesn't fit into my future plans and giving him up puts me in position to get two top 5 picks (mine possibly the 1st pick) and the pick I would be getting in this trade.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0