What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DGB trade to Philly (1 Viewer)

Bump hunter and sharp in Tennessee, clearly Nelson Agholor isn't impressing in Philly. 

On a related note, I can't believe I fell for drafting a USC wide receiver again in dynasty. Their track record is total ####.  Mediocre pros at best come out of that program. 

Bump hunter and sharp in Tennessee, clearly Nelson Agholor isn't impressing in Philly. 

On a related note, I can't believe I fell for drafting a USC wide receiver again in dynasty. Their track record is total ####.  Mediocre pros at best come out of that program. 
Juju Smith-Schuster :dislikes:

I wonder if there is a suspension coming. They basically cut him after one year. At least get a 2nd back for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Eagles taking a flier, I think.  Allen is a swing guy, I think, a replaceable level talent.  

They have room on the WR depth chart for him, if he makes the team--which should not be considered a lock.  Their WRs suck.  

What's his dynasty value now? Some people seem excited about the trade, I think it's the opposite and that the Titans are giving up.  Worth shipping off for similar ranked guys like Lockett or Dorsett?

What's his dynasty value now? Some people seem excited about the trade, I think it's the opposite and that the Titans are giving up.  Worth shipping off for similar ranked guys like Lockett or Dorsett?
Not over Lockett, but I'd gamble on him over Dorsett.

Wasn't the knock on DGB that he was green and still learning the game? If I remember that correctly, landing in a new offense wont help one bit. 

Wasn't the knock on DGB that he was green and still learning the game? If I remember that correctly, landing in a new offense wont help one bit. 
Unless he gets better coaching.

People want to dump on him right away but who knows how he takes to the current situation.  Maybe he's scorned by this and it motivates him....or maybe he's inactive every week but only time will tell.

Shameful trade and handling of yet another highly drafted wide receiver by the Titans. He is a slow learner but has a fine work ethic. They knew that.

After being thrust into the starting lineup last year, he did pretty well. He had a head of steam sort of excitement toward what 2016 could bring. At his beastly measurables he had a bright future.

The only reason that perception went away is the Titans. The coaches could have worked with him more and made it like the slow learner had a tutor.

Instead, like the JAG coach before him,  Mularkey was highly critical and negative. Titans always do this and always wreck the confidence of young players. 

Check out the DGB thread or most any fantasy site. No one was truly believing Mularkey's statements. He had to say it over and over. He had to say it so often that it completely wrecked his trade value. 

Minutes after the trade, people on twitter already have him starting and doing well in Philly. 

It was so naive. This is the Mularkey/Robinson way. Make a move to get value or a commodity, then throw it away because your ego is too big from the first move. We saw it with the first pick and now we are seeing it with any value they got from "stealing" Murray from the Eagles.

Jim Schwartz worked out of the Titans facility last year. It can't be a stretch to think his first hand account helped the Eagles form an idea here. Days after Murray does awesome on a handful of carries, do you think they might be bitter and make a bad offer to see if Robinson will bite?

It's not just that. This started because of a player I loved in preseason last year. Josue Matias ran with the twos at RG and was solid. As their line and their RG stunk, I was desperate for him to come off the practice squad. This offseason, not only has he done well at G but they moved him to tackle too and he was doing very well. 

Reiterate something- I wanted this udfa to replace one of the highest drafted guards in NFL history because Chance Warmack was inconsistent, Mularkey's favorite word.

Matias has never played a game. Just four solid preseason games last season. He has a partial tear of his patella and the Titans said they might need to make a move to replace him. (Today they did)

Matias was to go on IR but that didn't happen yet. Discussion has been of releasing him with an injury settlement because why would they want to keep a good looking linemen.

So a guy they never played is such a big loss that they have to trade away a prized WR prospect to replace him and they are still so stinking ignorant that the starting RG is the real problem. 

The. Worst. Player. Development. Ever.

Unless he gets better coaching.

People want to dump on him right away but who knows how he takes to the current situation.  Maybe he's scorned by this and it motivates him....or maybe he's inactive every week but only time will tell.
Well of course. But in fantasy football, you need to take educated guesses. I have to guess that this hurts his value. 

Ouch, quite the fall over the offseason. Back in Feb/March people were paying a pretty penny for DGB in the dynasty trade thread.

Mularkey was highly critical and negative. Titans always do this and always wreck the confidence of young players. 

Check out the DGB thread or most any fantasy site. No one was truly believing Mularkey's statements. He had to say it over and over. He had to say it so often that it completely wrecked his trade value.
If they "always" do this, why has there been a fever pitch of positive comments about Sharpe?  Without any insider knowledge (and I greatly appreciate your team insight), I see a front office that realizes they made a HUGE mistake, and DGB is essentially worthless. 

Every action taken this offseason leads to that conclusion. 1) Acquiring AJ. 2) Praising Sharpe while publicly dissing DGB. 3) Putting DGB waaaaaay down the depth chart.

This is not a ploy to motivate Tatum Bell DGB, but rather a franchise that wants no part of him after seeing what they have for about a year and a half.

If they "always" do this, why has there been a fever pitch of positive comments about Sharpe?  Without any insider knowledge (and I greatly appreciate your team insight), I see a front office that realizes they made a HUGE mistake, and DGB is essentially worthless. 

Every action taken this offseason leads to that conclusion. 1) Acquiring AJ. 2) Praising Sharpe while publicly dissing DGB. 3) Putting DGB waaaaaay down the depth chart.

This is not a ploy to motivate Tatum Bell DGB, but rather a franchise that wants no part of him after seeing what they have for about a year and a half.
So their master plan is to #### talk him all offseason to bury his trade value, then trade him?  If so, this is a front office that is highly dysfunctional and probably all of them need the boot by the ownership.

So their master plan is to #### talk him all offseason to bury his trade value, then trade him?  If so, this is a front office that is highly dysfunctional and probably all of them need the boot by the ownership.
Scuttlebut was that he was at risk of being cut.  I see this as the FO getting out from under a dead weight (to them).

We'll never know, but it probably didn't cost them much. Player for player deals are rare in the NFL, let alone high(ish) deals. 

Scuttlebut was that he was at risk of being cut.  I see this as the FO getting out from under a dead weight (to them).
Ok, but every other team in the NFL will praise that person, show them a ton in preseason games, and then try to extract as much value as you possibly can.  They pretty much did the opposite and devalued him as much as possible.  Yes, perhaps he would get cut on the way down to 53, but there's no sense in talking down someone before you trade them.  

Ok, but every other team in the NFL will praise that person, show them a ton in preseason games, and then try to extract as much value as you possibly can.  They pretty much did the opposite and devalued him as much as possible.  Yes, perhaps he would get cut on the way down to 53, but there's no sense in talking down someone before you trade them.  
What? So other FO execs will ignore what beat writers are saying about camp and preseason and will just listen to rival execs? I don't think it works this way

Ok, but every other team in the NFL will praise that person, show them a ton in preseason games, and then try to extract as much value as you possibly can.
Yes, that makes sense, but I don't recall any situation where that has actually happened.  I can't ever remember a player who was massively hyped and we heard good things about (from both the press and the team, mind you) get traded in that fashion. 

That's a big leap in logic.

I don't believe that TEN didn't want him to work out.  They were trying to motivate, and the coaches were honest in his progess, or lack thereof.  They didn't believe he could make the team.  

Before people start talking about how Tennessee should have gotten more for him, let me ask this:  If you were the GM for another team, and Tennessee called you during camp, and offered their 2nd rounder from the previous year, who had more red flags than college receptions, would you think you were gettting a good player, and bettter make a top offer right away??

Or would you think TEN was about to cut a wasted pick, who didn't have what it takes to make a team?

Wow! Bump DGB?
No.  He's going to a team with not as good of a QB and only has a few weeks to learn the playbook.  The Titans dumped him because they know he isn't getting it.  Those of you hoping for DGB to be relevant just got slapped in the face again.

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom  28m28 minutes ago
DGB can easily seize outside WR job with the Eagles, only has to overtake Chris Givens or disappointing Nelson Agholor. FF ceiling still low
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson  58m58 minutes ago
#Titans are upset w/ how Green-Beckham responded to demands. Told to work harder in offseason, came in out of shape. Didn't improve. #Eagles
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson  52m52 minutes ago
There is a "fit" aspect to #Titans bailing on Green-Beckham. The players who work hard fit the program. They wanted more from him. #Eagles

Being that Kelly was OK as a backup, and could backup the T spot, and with Johnson's looming suspension, this move is especially interesting to me.  

Being that Kelly was OK as a backup, and could backup the T spot, and with Johnson's looming suspension, this move is especially interesting to me.  
Agreed.....I like it for Philly. At minimum Wentz and him can play catch on the sidelines this year and try to develop some chemistry for next year.

Yes, that makes sense, but I don't recall any situation where that has actually happened.  I can't ever remember a player who was massively hyped and we heard good things about (from both the press and the team, mind you) get traded in that fashion. 
The Patriots have shipped off multiple players for big hauls after pumping them up.  Deion Branch, Ryan Mallett, Matt Cassel, etc. and that's just one team.

EDIT: Ok, on second thought Branch performed just fine and might have been worth the trade.  Mallett and Cassel were not.

The Patriots have shipped off multiple players for big hauls after pumping them up.  Deion Branch, Ryan Mallett, Matt Cassel, etc. and that's just one team.
QBs are a different commodity, so you can drop those two off your list. As far as Branch, "pumping him up" is irrelevant as he had multiple years of work to show his talents. DGB doesn't have that. 

I dont see this as a bad trade for anyone. Both teams likely did the right thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread