What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have at it. I'd love to hear a coherent defense of any of the garbage that Trump spews. I'm guessing that this will be less entertaining than I'm hoping for, but might be pleasantly surprised.
I guess it's my turn to be the link police, this is actually from The Briefing, Hillary's media arm. I happen to hate it when campaign pulp literature is put out to pose as journalism, however in this case obviously quotes are quotes are quotes and this is probably more an example of how Trump is fairly disarmed against this kind of thing. He has no media apparatus to respond and he also has no answer to what are basically his own statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to relink this to conform with the current standards.

This Business Will Get Out of Control

This country is a family and right now we have got to look at each other and realize that we have seen race baiting from Trump and we see political violence from the left, and it's a serious, serious problem because racial or ethnic division is an ugly genie that is almost impossible to put back in the bottle.

Or is Trump cribbing America's feelings? Trump's foreign policy ideas are, at best, half-baked. At worst, they are completely unformulated. But Trump's popularity isn't about policy (unfortunately). It is about frustration with the status quo.
At worst, they're incredibly dangerous and will result in the destruction of the planet. Is that likely? Of course not. But the guy has talked about using nukes in the ME and about nuclear proliferation being not just something he's OK with, but actually a good idea. That should be pretty horrifying to anyone with two functioning brain cells. Trump is pandering to the ugliest feelings of the bottom of the barrel of American society, period. Ordering our military to use torture and deliberately target innocent civilians is more subtle, but probably equally dangerous. Moral implications aside, that would result in a direct confrontation and power struggle between the Pentagon and the Executive Branch of our government when those orders were refused -- which would be a hugely dangerous and destructive thing for the entire country and the world.

We can reasonably disagree about the specifics of Obama's Iran deal and whether it makes this country more or less safe. No one in their right mind wants to see Saudi effing Arabia with a nuclear arsenal.

We can reasonably disagree on how best to contain ISIS and other radicals. No one in their right mind actually believes that Trump knows more about the situation on the ground in the ME than the dudes in the Pentagon, or that he has miraculously come up with an easy solution to the thousand + year old problems in the ME.

We can reasonably disagree about the specifics of climate change and how best to combat it. No one in their right mind believes it's a Chinese propaganda creation for trade purposes.

There is plenty of room for reasonable disagreement between the right and the left -- but Trump is completely outside of that discussion. I'm Liberal, but you had better believe that I'd be voting Republican in November if somehow an unqualified imbecile (say... Michael Moore maybe or similar) had somehow managed to win the Democratic nomination. It's a situation unique in American history, and reasonable intellegent people from both sides of the aisle need to unite to keep this idiot far away from the White House this fall.

I guess it's my turn to be the link police, this is actually from The Briefing, Hillary's media arm. I happen to hate it when campaign pulp literature is put out to pose as journalism, however in this case obviously quotes are quotes are quotes and this is probably more an example of how Trump is fairly disarmed against this kind of thing. He has no media apparatus to respond and he also has no answer to what are basically his own statements.
I know. It just happened to be the quickest / easiest place to cut and paste the quotes in question. He actually has said all of that stuff, though, which is why I was OK using it.

And the fact that he actually thinks that defaulting on our national debt should actually be on the table, or even just the threat of doing so, might just be the worst idea of all of them, which is really saying something.

At worst, they're incredibly dangerous and will result in the destruction of the planet. Is that likely? Of course not. But the guy has talked about using nukes in the ME and about nuclear proliferation being not just something he's OK with, but actually a good idea. That should be pretty horrifying to anyone with two functioning brain cells. Trump is pandering to the ugliest feelings of the bottom of the barrel of American society, period. Ordering our military to use torture and deliberately target innocent civilians is more subtle, but probably equally dangerous. Moral implications aside, that would result in a direct confrontation and power struggle between the Pentagon and the Executive Branch of our government when those orders were refused -- which would be a hugely dangerous and destructive thing for the entire country and the world.

We can reasonably disagree about the specifics of Obama's Iran deal and whether it makes this country more or less safe. No one in their right mind wants to see Saudi effing Arabia with a nuclear arsenal.

We can reasonably disagree on how best to contain ISIS and other radicals. No one in their right mind actually believes that Trump knows more about the situation on the ground in the ME than the dudes in the Pentagon, or that he has miraculously come up with an easy solution to the thousand + year old problems in the ME.

We can reasonably disagree about the specifics of climate change and how best to combat it. No one in their right mind believes it's a Chinese propaganda creation for trade purposes.

There is plenty of room for reasonable disagreement between the right and the left -- but Trump is completely outside of that discussion. I'm Liberal, but you had better believe that I'd be voting Republican in November if somehow an unqualified imbecile (say... Michael Moore maybe or similar) had somehow managed to win the Democratic nomination. It's a situation unique in American history, and reasonable intellegent people from both sides of the aisle need to unite to keep this idiot far away from the White House this fall.
Destruction of the planet? Unlikely. If what we have seen from Obama is fighting against nuclear proliferation, we've lost that one already. But my main point was that Trump's popularity isn't about policy - it's about the government failing us.

Destruction of the planet? Unlikely. If what we have seen from Obama is fighting against nuclear proliferation, we've lost that one already. But my main point was that Trump's popularity isn't about policy - it's about the government failing us.
If the criteria for the chosen mouthpiece for people who are mad about "politics as usual in Washington" (which again has been a theme for decades so I don't know that it's a valid explanation in the first place), GOP primary voters had over half the field to choose from.  If they wanted someone with no background whatsoever in politics they had two other options, both of whom are far more successful and admirable given their starting points in life and far less obnoxious, juvenile and race-baity than Trump.  So ... why Trump?

I know you're a rabid conservative -- but do you actually doubt that Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the country? You're not so far gone as to think he actually wants Iran to have access to nuclear weapons, are you? This election needs to be much bigger than the typical partisan BS. A completely unqualified demagogue is one step away from the White House.

If the criteria for the chosen mouthpiece for people who are mad about "politics as usual in Washington" (which again has been a theme for decades so I don't know that it's a valid explanation in the first place), GOP primary voters had over half the field to choose from.  If they wanted someone with no background whatsoever in politics they had two other options, both of whom are far more successful and admirable given their starting points in life and far less obnoxious, juvenile and race-baity than Trump.  So ... why Trump?
Because part of the frustration is over how campaigns are financed - Trump was self-financing, and therefore not obligated to anyone but himself. (Which after the primary season is a little scary, but not a the beginning.)  Had the race not been decided by the time Washington had its primary, I would have voted for someone other than Trump. As it was, I tossed my mail-in ballot in the trash.

I know you're a rabid conservative -- but do you actually doubt that Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the country? You're not so far gone as to think he actually wants Iran to have access to nuclear weapons, are you? This election needs to be much bigger than the typical partisan BS. A completely unqualified demagogue is one step away from the White House.
You swung and missed. I didn't say I thought Obama isn't doing what he thinks is right for the country. I am saying he blew the deal with Iran badly. Essentially they get to inspect themselves. Yeah, that works!

Because part of the frustration is over how campaigns are financed - Trump was self-financing, and therefore not obligated to anyone but himself. (Which after the primary season is a little scary, but not a the beginning.)  Had the race not been decided by the time Washington had its primary, I would have voted for someone other than Trump. As it was, I tossed my mail-in ballot in the trash.
He was never self-financing.

He was self-loaning.

You swung and missed. I didn't say I thought Obama isn't doing what he thinks is right for the country. I am saying he blew the deal with Iran badly. Essentially they get to inspect themselves. Yeah, that works!
I didn't miss anything. Trump has said that he actually wants to see more countries acquire nuclear weapons. There's no difference between that and disagreement on how to accomplish a shared goal (in this case non-proliferation)?

And the fact that he actually thinks that defaulting on our national debt should actually be on the table, or even just the threat of doing so, might just be the worst idea of all of them, which is really saying something.
It's all on the table. There isn't a normal policy point to be had.

Trump University Script Tells Students to Inflate Income

A Trump University seminar presentation advised students to try to boost their credit card limit by inflating their annual income by $75,000, according to documents made public in federal court this week. The instruction, legal experts said, could amount to a lesson in bank fraud.

“If someone is encouraging people to make a false representation about their current income, that might be an appropriate target for prosecution,” said John W. Moscow, a former head of the fraud bureau of the New York County District Attorney’s Office.

“If the caller actually does what they were told to do, that could easily be fraud,” agreed Randall M. Fox, who served as the founding bureau chief of the New York attorney general's taxpayer protection bureau.

Broad allegations of fraud swirling in three civil cases against Trump University have dogged the Republican presidential front-runner this week, after a federal judge in California unsealed hundreds of pages of internal documents about Trump’s enterprise. Trump took to Twitter on Thursday to defend the embattled, now-defunct business, saying he would reopen the program after he prevailed in the courts.

An undated presentation called “Fast Track to Foreclosure Investing,” offers an inside look at how the costly real estate seminars worked and includes instructions for increasing credit card limits, presumably to enable someone to invest more money in foreclosed property.

“When asked for your income,” the instructor’s script reads, “take your current income and add $75,000 from your real estate enterprise.”

Moscow, now in private practice, said credit limits are not based on the possibility of future earnings, no more than they would be based “on the chance of holding a winning lottery ticket.”

Also among the documents released Tuesday are a number of statements from former employees of the university, including one who said that the program, in which customers could purchase to increasingly expensive real estate courses and seminars, was a “fraudulent scheme and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”

Trump University is the target of three lawsuits: two in California and one in New York. The documents released this week are part of one of the California suits, but New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who brought the N.Y. suit against Trump in 2013, recently said that in calling itself a university, “it was really a fraud from beginning to end.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-university-script-tells-students-inflate-income/story?id=39589076

- Aside from what's bad about this - teaching people to commit fraud - gosh this sounds an awful lot like Trump's own method of inflating his wealth as a matter of practice. No wonder he is so paranoid and aggressive about people reporting his actual wealth, he may have been committing fraud in various bank loan statements and oh I don't know maybe even FEC filings by overstating his wealth.

This is hilarious coming from Hilary with all of the fuel her and Bernie add to the fire while always passing the blame.  Such fake lying piece of garbage.  Absolutely hilarious.   I mean the Clinton's have never taken any blame for anything and always wiggle out of it.  Horrible horrible human beings.  So fake. 

But Clinton said Trump has "set a very bad example."
"He created an environment in which it seemed to be acceptable for someone running for president to be inciting violence, to be encouraging his supporters, now we're seeing people who are against him responding in kind," Clinton said. "It should all stop. It is not acceptable."

Yaknow, one way to look at this besides the obvious is maybe Trump has a bunch of yes-men as lawyers who are too scared to bring him bad news. It's possible that he means the 'people can't believe' and the 'very unfair rulings' bit because that's what he's being fed. His cabinet would likely be the same sort of bizarre politburoish groupthink.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-university-script-tells-students-inflate-income/story?id=39589076

- Aside from what's bad about this - teaching people to commit fraud - gosh this sounds an awful lot like Trump's own method of inflating his wealth as a matter of practice. No wonder he is so paranoid and aggressive about people reporting his actual wealth, he may have been committing fraud in various bank loan statements and oh I don't know maybe even FEC filings by overstating his wealth.
Trump is livid over this 'Mexican' judge because he knows Trump U just destroyed any shot he had at becoming President.

Trump is livid over this 'Mexican' judge because he knows Trump U just destroyed any shot he had at becoming President.
There are a lot of things going on but yeah I think something this important being completely out of his control is making him furious.

I'm sure any sane political advisor he talked to told him it would pose a problem before he ran.

There are a lot of things going on but yeah I think something this important being completely out of his control is making him furious.

I'm sure any sane political advisor he talked to told him it would pose a problem before he ran.
You think he surrounded himself with sane advisers? :mellow:

Is there still a chance the GOP could still deny him  the nomination somehow?  I know he's over the delegate threshold, so maybe their hands are tied, but could they somehow pull the ripcord before he crashes like Wile e Coyote?  Yesterday Hillary destroyed him verbally and he basically responded by calling her a pootyhead, just as she predicted.  And stuff like this Trump University scam figures to be just the tip of the iceberg into his business dealings.  It just seems like it's going to get very, very embarrassing for them if they don't find a way out.   

Is there still a chance the GOP could still deny him  the nomination somehow?  I know he's over the delegate threshold, so maybe their hands are tied, but could they somehow pull the ripcord before he crashes like Wile e Coyote?  Yesterday Hillary destroyed him verbally and he basically responded by calling her a pootyhead, just as she predicted.  And stuff like this Trump University scam figures to be just the tip of the iceberg into his business dealings.  It just seems like it's going to get very, very embarrassing for them if they don't find a way out.   
It is already very, very embarrassing.  

Hm I dunno what do criminally negligent parents do with obnoxious 2 year olds they're embarrassed by?

Actually Reince Preibus is the father of this abomination he should be held responsible.

NM Gov Susana Martinez was a rising star of the GOP and influential and well respected in a swing state. She was a likely short list VP name.

Right now she is on CNN with Wolf tearing into Trump, dragging his name around.

Really well done GOP.

Trump then went on and on about the protesters at his Arizona rally who were dressed up as the "Klu Klux Klan".  He said Klu like five times.

Sometimes this guy has no klu.

NM Gov Susana Martinez was a rising star of the GOP and influential and well respected in a swing state. She was a likely short list VP name.

Right now she is on CNN with Wolf tearing into Trump, dragging his name around.

Really well done GOP.
Susana was probably off those short lists after the drunken pizza party incident.  (Audio is worth listening to, if you haven't already.)

Susana was probably off those short lists after the drunken pizza party incident.  (Audio is worth listening to, if you haven't already.)
Ha ok I didn't know about that, but having read about that now I'm gonna say Trump has well raised the bar for embarrassment way way above that.

That was the old bueno - significant life events change perspective. I'm still a Reagan Republican, but I don't think rabid applies as much as it used to.

I CAN NOT ####### IMAGINE THE RAGE THAT WOULD COME FROM THE MEDIA AND THE IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD IF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF SAN JOSE WHERE HILLARY OR BERNIE SUPPORTERS. 

THIS IS TERRORISM AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO REMOVED FROM OUR COUNTRY.

I CAN NOT ####### IMAGINE THE RAGE THAT WOULD COME FROM THE MEDIA AND THE IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD IF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF SAN JOSE WHERE HILLARY OR BERNIE SUPPORTERS.  ..,
Actually I think you have a point here. What happened in SJ sounds pretty bad though I haven't seen the full report. 

I CAN NOT ####### IMAGINE THE RAGE THAT WOULD COME FROM THE MEDIA AND THE IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD IF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF SAN JOSE WHERE HILLARY OR BERNIE SUPPORTERS. 

THIS IS TERRORISM AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO REMOVED FROM OUR COUNTRY.
Umm...having some anger issues?

Bothering you that Hillary and Obama have both condemned the violence and nobody here is condoning it?

Better start searching fr more articles about Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread