What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times must it be condemned?

Oh, and those people doing things...doesn't make Trump a better candidate.

HTH
Ohhhhhh it's been condemned that makes it all okay. Did you read that guy who got a face full of rocks? It's been condemned. How about you kid who ran for your life after being chased by a gang of terrorist? It's been condemned so there's no reason to even talk about it any more. 

Just move along because sho nuff said it's all good.

Ohhhhhh it's been condemned that makes it all okay. Did you read that guy who got a face full of rocks? It's been condemned. How about you kid who ran for your life after being chased by a gang of terrorist? It's been condemned so there's no reason to even talk about it any more. 

You've got 5 months to get it all out of your system, go right ahead and have good time.

The Donald giveth & the Donald taketh away. The news *should be about the SJ attacks, but Donald hands the press free cudgels of 'Mexican judge' and 'my African American' and gives ground to his opponents who claim he's 'driving' this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sure you will get it all figured out in here.

:lmao:

No, you likely won't see as great a sense of family in America going forward as you have in the past

You can't have both extensive diversity and as strong a sense of family.  Numerous studies have shown that the greater the diversity the lesser the sense of family and community.  The most noteworthy is the Putnam study referenced below.

Aside from studies, the phenomenon that Putnam and other researchers have noticed is also evidenced in people's self-segregation in living.  

This is pertinent to not only to your comment, but also to the political conflicts that we're now seeing.  When you look at the where the major incidents of violence have broken out at Trump events, it's been in Chicago, New Mexico, and California -- all areas with greater diversity.  When you look at the pictures and the videos of the violence at those events you can't help but notice that it has a strong minority anti-Trump protester attacking white Trump supporter element.  And, admittedly, the anger and violence from white Trump supporters has disproportionately been aimed at minorities.

We're seeing a similar situation throughout Europe.

The downside of diversity

A Harvard political scientist finds that diversity hurts civic life. What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.
But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.
"The extent of the effect is shocking," says Scott Page, a University of Michigan political scientist.
The study comes at a time when the future of the American melting pot is the focus of intense political debate, from immigration to race-based admissions to schools, and it poses challenges to advocates on all sides of the issues. The study is already being cited by some conservatives as proof of the harm large-scale immigration causes to the nation's social fabric. But with demographic trends already pushing the nation inexorably toward greater diversity, the real question may yet lie ahead: how to handle the unsettling social changes that Putnam's research predicts.
"We can't ignore the findings," says Ali Noorani, executive director of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. "The big question we have to ask ourselves is, what do we do about it; what are the next steps?"
The study is part of a fascinating new portrait of diversity emerging from recent scholarship. Diversity, it shows, makes us uncomfortable -- but discomfort, it turns out, isn't always a bad thing. Unease with differences helps explain why teams of engineers from different cultures may be ideally suited to solve a vexing problem. Culture clashes can produce a dynamic give-and-take, generating a solution that may have eluded a group of people with more similar backgrounds and approaches. At the same time, though, Putnam's work adds to a growing body of research indicating that more diverse populations seem to extend themselves less on behalf of collective needs and goals.
His findings on the downsides of diversity have also posed a challenge for Putnam, a liberal academic whose own values put him squarely in the pro-diversity camp. Suddenly finding himself the bearer of bad news, Putnam has struggled with how to present his work. He gathered the initial raw data in 2000 and issued a press release the following year outlining the results. He then spent several years testing other possible explanations.

Diversity is a strength is one of the biggest lied sold to the public. Unity of a shared culture is what brings people together. Diversity rips it apart.

The Donald giveth & the Donald taketh away. The news *should be about the SJ attacks, but Donald hands the press free cudgels of 'Mexican judge' and 'my African American' and gives ground to his opponents who claim he's 'driving' this stuff.
The media will report what it wants. It won't fully cover the SJ terrorist attacks because it doesn't help the Trump is a Nazi drum beat.

The media will report what it wants. It won't fully cover the SJ terrorist attacks because it doesn't help the Trump is a Nazi drum beat.
Well, they aren't terrorist attacks...and a presidential candidate making idiotc remarks is a bit more news than your 8 spammed links in a row.

Diversity is a strength is one of the biggest lied sold to the public. Unity of a shared culture is what brings people together. Diversity rips it apart.
Gee, wonder where one would get the idea that you're a racist?

Putnam claims the US has experienced a pronounced decline in "social capital," a term he helped popularize. Social capital refers to the social networks -- whether friendships or religious congregations or neighborhood associations -- that he says are key indicators of civic well-being. When social capital is high, says Putnam, communities are better places to live. Neighborhoods are safer; people are healthier; and more citizens vote.
- This is a cool idea, I like this.

Gee, wonder where would one get the idea that you're a racist?
I know facts don't mean anything to you. I know showing you diversity destroys cultures and countries will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. I know it's easier for you to bury your head in the sand, call me a racist and pretend everything is copacetic. 

In his paper, Putnam cites the work done by Page and others, and uses it to help frame his conclusion that increasing diversity in America is not only inevitable, but ultimately valuable and enriching. As for smoothing over the divisions that hinder civic engagement, Putnam argues that Americans can help that process along through targeted efforts. He suggests expanding support for English-language instruction and investing in community centers and other places that allow for "meaningful interaction across ethnic lines."
- Also a good point.

I think it also depends on how you define diversity. Are cities like NYC, Chicago and LA diverse? Well yeah most people would say so, but racial and poverty concentration within these large cities is not good. So while they may be 'diverse' you have areas like Bed-Stuy, Cabrini-Green and Crenshaw which are not, so the racial racial integration within neighborhoods is low but they interact which cause clashes, mistrust and conflict.

My point about 'family' is that while we may be at times estranged it doesn't mean we have to destroy ourselves over what divides us. I think everyone needs to put the pitchforks down and maybe acknowledge our own sins or dysfunctionalism in arriving at our situation.

When you look at the where the major incidents of violence have broken out at Trump events, it's been in Chicago, New Mexico, and California -- all areas with greater diversity. 
New Orleans is extremely diverse, we had little to no problem when Trump visited. And actually send Trump to a non-dIverse locale like East L.A. and see how things go. Again it depends on your definition of diversity.

You can't have both extensive diversity and as strong a sense of family.
This just isn't my personal experience. I think it's when people are concentrated by race that things get weird. Even so we can come together for common causes and festivals. That's what families do.

I know facts don't mean anything to you. I know showing you diversity destroys cultures and countries will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. I know it's easier for you to bury your head in the sand, call me a racist and pretend everything is copacetic. 
From your own article:

The image of civic lassitude dragging down more diverse communities is at odds with the vigor often associated with urban centers, where ethnic diversity is greatest. It turns out there is a flip side to the discomfort diversity can cause. If ethnic diversity, at least in the short run, is a liability for social connectedness, a parallel line of emerging research suggests it can be a big asset when it comes to driving productivity and innovation. In high-skill workplace settings, says Scott Page, the University of Michigan political scientist, the different ways of thinking among people from different cultures can be a boon.

"Because they see the world and think about the world differently than you, that's challenging," says Page, author of "The Difference: How the Power of Diversity Creates Better Groups, Firms, Schools, and Societies." "But by hanging out with people different than you, you're likely to get more insights. Diverse teams tend to be more productive."

In other words, those in more diverse communities may do more bowling alone, but the creative tensions unleashed by those differences in the workplace may vault those same places to the cutting edge of the economy and of creative culture.

Page calls it the "diversity paradox." He thinks the contrasting positive and negative effects of diversity can coexist in communities, but "there's got to be a limit." If civic engagement falls off too far, he says, it's easy to imagine the positive effects of diversity beginning to wane as well. "That's what's unsettling about his findings," Page says of Putnam's new work.

Meanwhile, by drawing a portrait of civic engagement in which more homogeneous communities seem much healthier, some of Putnam's worst fears about how his results could be used have been realized. A stream of conservative commentary has begun -- from places like the Manhattan Institute and "The American Conservative" -- highlighting the harm the study suggests will come from large-scale immigration. But Putnam says he's also received hundreds of complimentary emails laced with bigoted language. "It certainly is not pleasant when David Duke's website hails me as the guy who found out racism is good," he says.

In the final quarter of his paper, Putnam puts the diversity challenge in a broader context by describing how social identity can change over time. Experience shows that social divisions can eventually give way to "more encompassing identities" that create a "new, more capacious sense of 'we,'" he writes.

Growing up in the 1950s in a small Midwestern town, Putnam knew the religion of virtually every member of his high school graduating class because, he says, such information was crucial to the question of "who was a possible mate or date." The importance of marrying within one's faith, he says, has largely faded since then, at least among many mainline Protestants, Catholics, and Jews.

While acknowledging that racial and ethnic divisions may prove more stubborn, Putnam argues that such examples bode well for the long-term prospects for social capital in a multiethnic America.

In his paper, Putnam cites the work done by Page and others, and uses it to help frame his conclusion that increasing diversity in America is not only inevitable, but ultimately valuable and enriching. As for smoothing over the divisions that hinder civic engagement, Putnam argues that Americans can help that process along through targeted efforts. He suggests expanding support for English-language instruction and investing in community centers and other places that allow for "meaningful interaction across ethnic lines."

Wow, just heard pieces of the Tapper interview of Trump (which airs in full Sunday). There's seriously something wrong with him. :loco:

Katy TurVerified account @KatyTurNBC 3h3 hours ago

NEW: Trump aides not happy with Trump's attack on Judge Curiel impartiality, telling me “these are the things that will defeat us."

Wow, just heard pieces of the Tapper interview of Trump (which airs in full Sunday). There's seriously something wrong with him. :loco:
He's ####### nuts. Love how he basically admits he's a racist pig and that's why a Hispanic judge can't preside over a case that has nothing to do with Mexico, Mexicans, or any other kind of people not of the white race.

He's ####### nuts. Love how he basically admits he's a racist pig and that's why a Hispanic judge can't preside over a case that has nothing to do with Mexico, Mexicans, or any other kind of people not of the white race.
But he's building a wall!! To keep the Mexicans like that Mexican judge out!!

Yay, let's all be white instead.

Just say no to diversity.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

It just seems fitting.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

It just seems fitting.
Well, Dex apparently wants that only if its all white anyway.  Cause diversity is bad.

Guy Benson is a Fox News contributor and the Political Editor of the Townhall site:

Fox News@FoxNews 6m6 minutes ago

.@guypbenson: "The fact that [Judge Curiel's] parents happen to be from Mexico...that has absolutely no bearing on the facts of this case."

No, they're the same thing because people have different genetic traits and different cultures.  Even if you ask drastically different people to melt into a shared society under a melting pot theory rather than a multicultural approach, drastically different people will be unable to do so as fluidly as people with greater similarities.

People argue that "America is a nation of immigrants."  That's true, but prior to the Hart-Celler Act of 1965 nearly all of those immigrants were European and Christian.   In other words, they were genetically and culturally relatively similar.

Once you start mixing people who are more different both culturally and genetically you'll naturally have more difficulty integrating them no matter what model you use.  This is common sense.  All studies support it, and empirical and anecdotal evidence supports it.

I'm not sure why people feel compelled to deny what both research and life shows, but denial coupled with repression of dissenting views will only lead to even greater future conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread