What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey - I will certainly acknowledge that at times my candidate has put me in the position of having to be a contortionist.  But by far - the worst mental gymnastics in here are from the left when they try to defend identity politics and reverse discrimination.  That is truly painful to watch.  I kind of like the bananafish approach - waive the white flag and run for the hills.  :lmao:
When you say reverse racism, do you mean being subjected to a systemic marginalization that may include lack of access to education, financing, or maybe harassment from police officers?   Or are you just talking about getting your feelings hurt in a hypothetical situation?

Oh look - another Liberal losing an argument and resorting to personal attacks of racism.  So cute.

You guys really are a sorry bunch.  Not even capable of having rationale discourse anymore.  So sad.  So very sad.
Your arguments have not been rational.

When you start with...what about a white suoremacy group to compare to a lawyers association. 

You keep claiming everyone has lost the argument....which is completely false.

What you call cowardice I might call rubbing two brain cells together but then we're just arguing semantics. As many have pointed out to you ad-nauseum there are plenty of heritage-based advocacy groups that cater to white lawyers to which you have chosen not to respond. 

And please, remind me again what my views are. Start here: I believe that any rational person, given the choice and being honest, would be born a white, heterosexual male with all the accoutrements and privileges afforded such a class at any point in this nation's past and at any point in its foreseeable future. Is that a fallacy to you?
I'll simplify it for you - and then I'm out - because quite honestly you guys just aren't up to the task to engage in any type of interesting, rationale discourse on just about anything these days...

• Identity politics (NAACP, La Raza, etc) were necessary when there wasn't legal protection under the law.
  • in 2016 we are well past having addressed all forms of codified racism and discrimination in our laws.  This is a great triumph of the Civil Rights movement and should be celebrated.
  • as a result, identity politics organizations are no longer needed in this country.  I'd go further and say that they are harmful, and actually cause racism and discrimination.
  • the Left refuses to acknowledge this, and obnoxiously clings to the notion that reverse discrimination is still legitimate today.  The result - President Trump.

Hey - I will certainly acknowledge that at times my candidate has put me in the position of having to be a contortionist.  But by far - the worst mental gymnastics in here are from the left when they try to defend identity politics and reverse discrimination.  That is truly painful to watch.  I kind of like the bananafish approach - waive the white flag and run for the hills.  :lmao:
Let's focus on this particular instance. What has this judge done to be questioned by Trump? He presided over a case dealing with drug cartels. 

This one portion of mission statement you have quoted from La Raza is the thing I have seen you placing your argument on. 

What have they actually done that you think warrants him taking himself off the case.

Trump on the other hand...Eeessh.

Advocating for rights and pushing issues for Latinos is not reverse discrimination.

Being an organization that tries to get note Latinos in the legal profession is not reverse discrimination.

The judge being involved with that group is not a conflict of interest in a case that has nothing to do with that lawyers group.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say reverse racism, do you mean being subjected to a systemic marginalization that may include lack of access to education, financing, or maybe harassment from police officers?   Or are you just talking about getting your feelings hurt in a hypothetical situation?
Oh the "systemic" issue that I've debunked in here ad nauseum.  Fact is, a minority has an easier time getting into a college today than a white person.  Easier access to financial aid as well.  There is no arguing this.  Even Harvard has admitted this in their lawsuit from Asians who have been unfairly discriminated against.  This isn't hypothetical at all.  This is real ####.  You ok with Asian students who have a much higher SAT enrage than blacks not getting into Harvard?  On what planet is that just?  And you don't think that is impactful to a person's life?  This is the only form of legal discrimination left today, and it can't be justified. 

And the Police?  Believe me you don't want to get into a discussion with me on this issue.  I know ever stat and study conducted the last 3 years on this topic.  I could write a book on it.  In short, it is a fallacy that unarmed blacks have been shot at. Higher frequency than whites.  The exact opposite is true - though the numbers are close.  And the University of Washington has conducted more than one study confirming that when it comes to inherent bias, white police officers do presume blacks are armed at a higher rate, but they are actually more reluctant to fire their weapons at blacks.  This has been measured in a laboratory setting, and due to their fear that a mistake of shooting a black would likely end their careers, and maybe even land them in prison.

Here's the difference between Liberals and Conservatives.  Conservatives believe in equality of access.  Liberals believe in equality of results.  This takes the onus off the individual, and has proven to be an impediment for blacks gaining success in this country the same rate of minority groups like Asians.

Terrific post.

I have to go to the store to buy a new fish for my fishtank. I'm relying on you guys to keep laughing at Higgs.

The laughing part is important because otherwise it's too depressing.
Like I said, you're just not up to it intellectually chief.  A few of you are - guys like Tobias, Saint, Tim, General... The rest of you really aren't all that bright, and when it comes time to turn on the mind and have a debate, you start with the name calling, laughing, etc.. That's all you got.  Feel kind of badly for you.  Have fun with your new fish.  I'm sure you guys will be fast friends.

I correctly identified the Organization and linked to their website at the start of the conversation.  Then I linked to it again.  And again.  Sorry I didn't type it out completely in subsequent posts.  I thought it was pretty well established that I was dealing with the correct group.  I'm trying on a phone and it's a pain in the ### having to type out "San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association" every time I mention them.
Ok so to be clear this is the SDLBA, not "La Raza".

And even if Curiel was to consider this, which would be the only time and the only place in any court of American to do so, how is the Trump University case a matter affecting "economic and social issues to political leaders and state and local bar associations that impact the Latino community"?

Like I said, you're just not up to it intellectually chief.  A few of you are - guys like Tobias, Saint, Tim, General... The rest of you really aren't all that bright, and when it comes time to turn on the mind and have a debate, you start with the name calling, laughing, etc.. That's all you got.  Feel kind of badly for you.  Have fun with your new fish.  I'm sure you guys will be fast friends.
Quite interesting.

:lmao:

It's quite telling that Higgs is making the same type of cognitive errors that Trump is making. Just because someone points out a flaw in your argument, that doesn't mean that the person is liberal.

Oh the "systemic" issue that I've debunked in here ad nauseum.  Fact is, a minority has an easier time getting into a college today than a white person.  Easier access to financial aid as well.  There is no arguing this.  Even Harvard has admitted this in their lawsuit from Asians who have been unfairly discriminated against.  This isn't hypothetical at all.  This is real ####.  You ok with Asian students who have a much higher SAT enrage than blacks not getting into Harvard?  On what planet is that just?  And you don't think that is impactful to a person's life?  This is the only form of legal discrimination left today, and it can't be justified. 

And the Police?  Believe me you don't want to get into a discussion with me on this issue.  I know ever stat and study conducted the last 3 years on this topic.  I could write a book on it.  In short, it is a fallacy that unarmed blacks have been shot at. Higher frequency than whites.  The exact opposite is true - though the numbers are close.  And the University of Washington has conducted more than one study confirming that when it comes to inherent bias, white police officers do presume blacks are armed at a higher rate, but they are actually more reluctant to fire their weapons at blacks.  This has been measured in a laboratory setting, and due to their fear that a mistake of shooting a black would likely end their careers, and maybe even land them in prison.

Here's the difference between Liberals and Conservatives.  Conservatives believe in equality of access.  Liberals believe in equality of results.  This takes the onus off the individual, and has proven to be an impediment for blacks gaining success in this country the same rate of minority groups like Asians.
That you are able to type all that out and presumably believe it is indicative of the privilege you enjoy.  

Also the issue with Judge Curiel had nothing to do with the group he is a member of.   It's all about his ethnicity.   

Trump has doubled down on his stupidity and has stated he couldn't fairly be brought to trial in front of Muslim judge.

He is basically admitting that Mexicans and Muslims are his enemies and could not litigate fairly. 

Insanity.

It's quite telling that Higgs is making the same type of cognitive errors that Trump is making. Just because someone points out a flaw in your argument, that doesn't mean that the person is liberal.
Actually earlier today with Tapper Trump dropped the whole SDLBA thing and just said "he's Mexican" and "I'm building a wall."

What happens with Trump's supporters is that Trump inevitably drops the line in the sand argument even as they are battling to save it. This has already happened here.

That you are able to type all that out and presumably believe it is indicative of the privilege you enjoy.  

Also the issue with Judge Curiel had nothing to do with the group he is a member of.   It's all about his ethnicity.   

Trump has doubled down on his stupidity and has stated he couldn't fairly be brought to trial in front of Muslim judge.

He is basically admitting that Mexicans and Muslims are his enemies and could not litigate fairly. 

Insanity.
Pretty much sums it up for me. Well said.

The racist card, even when it is probably apt, has a way of blowing up discussions. 

Trump with his "Mexican" jab at the judge - he said it repeatedly and more telling to me when he got put on tilt by the CNN guy - is indefensible.

Insanity.
That can't be true because Trump says "the" Hispanics love him. And he proved it by eating a Taco Bowl. Or posing with one anyway.

Also, it's interesting that he uses "the" when talking about other racial groups. The blacks, the Hispanics, the Muslims.

Actually earlier today with Tapper Trump dropped the whole SDLBA thing and just said "he's Mexican" and "I'm building a wall."

What happens with Trump's supporters is that Trump inevitably drops the line in the sand argument even as they are battling to save it. This has already happened here.
I don't believe that's true Saint.  I saw an interview with Tapper (not sure if it was this morning's) where Trump clearly mentioned the SDLBA as one of his points, and then later on also made the inane comment that "he's Mexican".

I said earlier and I'll say it again, I don't agree with Trump about the Judge having a conflict of interest because he is Mexican.  But I do agree with Trump that there is a legitimate issue to be discussed with the Judge belonging to an identity based advocacy group that strongly advocates for Latino issues from a political standpoint.  The most contentious issue in recent American history affecting Latinos is Trump's position on immigration.  The Judge is obviously involved enough in Latino political issues that he belongs to a group that has in its Mission Statement that it strongly advocates to political leaders.  That's a conflict of interest in my opinion.  Once again, not because he is of Mexican descent - Trump is dead wrong about that part of his argument.

Quite interesting.

:lmao:
You may want to look through the last few pages and see how this all deteriorated.  I came in here more than willing to have a dispassionate, reasoned dialogue on the issues.  The Liberals quickly turned it into the usual cesspool of name calling, childish garbage.

That can't be true because Trump says "the" Hispanics love him. And he proved it by eating a Taco Bowl. Or posing with one anyway.

Also, it's interesting that he uses "the" when talking about other racial groups. The blacks, the Hispanics, the Muslims.
This is a great point, if the Hispanics love him so much, why this judge hate him?

Just saw the Muslim comments Trump made today related to this judge stuff. Trump is really going off the deep end again. And...probably won't matter.

He is starting to make W and Palin look thoughtful and intellectual. 

This guy is such a trainwreck.

I don't believe that's true Saint.  I saw an interview with Tapper (not sure if it was this morning's) where Trump clearly mentioned the SDLBA as one of his points, and then later on also made the inane comment that "he's Mexican".

I said earlier and I'll say it again, I don't agree with Trump about the Judge having a conflict of interest because he is Mexican.  But I do agree with Trump that there is a legitimate issue to be discussed with the Judge belonging to an identity based advocacy group that strongly advocates for Latino issues from a political standpoint.  The most contentious issue in recent American history affecting Latinos is Trump's position on immigration.  The Judge is obviously involved enough in Latino political issues that he belongs to a group that has in its Mission Statement that it strongly advocates to political leaders.  That's a conflict of interest in my opinion.  Once again, not because he is of Mexican descent - Trump is dead wrong about that part of his argument.
None of this speaks to Trump saying a Muslim judge wouldn't be fair either.  He is setting fire to your very graspy at straws defense.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-muslim-judge-might-not-be-fair-to-me-either-223912#ixzz4Ai7rDkBg

Just to refute one of your points Higgs- the popularity of Donald Trump and his chance of becoming President is in itself strong evidence that the NAACP and La Raza and all the others are still very much necessary. 

You may want to look through the last few pages and see how this all deteriorated.  I came in here more than willing to have a dispassionate, reasoned dialogue on the issues.  The Liberals quickly turned it into the usual cesspool of name calling, childish garbage.
You were right there with them.

How many posts did you say someone wasn't there intellectually to discuss it with you?

This whining about name calling, while calling that out or saying someone isnt that bright is just laughable.

You don't want real discussion, you want people to agree with you.  This seems obvious when things go like they did today.

But it has been entertaining at least.

Trunp can get any judge kicked off his case by saying questionable #### about their ethnicity?

It becomes the judges problem that Trump is a giant orange turd :lol:

This is pretty ingenious.

Insanity.
:lmao:  "White Privilege".  Might be the most idiotic, embarrassing invention of modern Liberalism.  Got news for you chief, there was no "privilege" in my life.  I grew up in a lower middle class, mixed race urban setting where you had to earn everything you got.  Sorry, but I've got no guilt, no remorse, no apologies for the successes I've achieved.  Just a blueprint that consists of hard work and a fundamental belief in a fair and equal playing field.

:lmao:  "White Privilege".  Might be the most idiotic, embarrassing invention of modern Liberalism.  Got news for you chief, there was no "privilege" in my life.  I grew up in a lower middle class, mixed race urban setting where you had to earn everything you got.  Sorry, but I've got no guilt, no remorse, no apologies for the successes I've achieved.  Just a blueprint that consists of hard work and a fundamental belief in a fair and equal playing field.
Way to not address a single thing in the post you quoted.

Trump really over his skis yet again. There's only a handful of topics he can discuss without completely ####ting the bed.

Just to refute one of your points Higgs- the popularity of Donald Trump and his chance of becoming President is in itself strong evidence that the NAACP and La Raza and all the others are still very much necessary. 
Strongly disagree with you on this.  As strongly as I've ever disagreed with you on anything Tim.  The country (my vote included) elected a black President 8 years ago.  We were ready to move on from the racial divide.  Obama and the Left blew it and doubled down on the unfair vestiges of old world liberalism (identity politics, affirmative action, etc).  This turned a LOT of Americans off - big time.  Trump will get elected President as a repudiation of those liberal policies.  I warned you about it - many times.  And it's happening.  What you are seeing with Trump is white identity politics - plain and simple.

Obama and the Left blew it and doubled down on the unfair vestiges of old world liberalism (identity politics, affirmative action, etc).  This turned a LOT of Americans off - big time.  Trump will get elected President as a repudiation of those liberal policies.
Based on your logic, Obama should have lost in 2012.

And based on your logic, a Clinton win would mean that the majority of Americans AGREE with the "liberal" policies of Democrats.

Yeah that's the same interview.

And Trump moved on to "He's Mexican" after Tapper drilled him on the SDLBA issue. To me it seemed like he just abandoned it and started going Trumpbot on the wall.

eta - ok on your last point - even if Curiel was to consider this as a basis of a request for recusal, which would be the only time and the only place in any court of American to do so, how is the Trump University case a matter affecting "economic and social issues to political leaders and state and local bar associations that impact the Latino community"? That's the actual language in the Mission Statement.

Strongly disagree with you on this.  As strongly as I've ever disagreed with you on anything Tim.  The country (my vote included) elected a black President 8 years ago.  We were ready to move on from the racial divide.  Obama and the Left blew it and doubled down on the unfair vestiges of old world liberalism (identity politics, affirmative action, etc).  This turned a LOT of Americans off - big time.  Trump will get elected President as a repudiation of those liberal policies.  I warned you about it - many times.  And it's happening.  What you are seeing with Trump is white identity politics - plain and simple.
Are you saying this is why you are voting for Trump? A bit of a personal question but you don't seem too shy.

I would agree there is segment of "The Left" that abuses identity politics, political correctness, etc. That's no reason to go the complete opposite direction and pick ChickenTrump.

Trump started with "He's Mexican", then moved on to "La Raza", and now has moved on to a bizarre analogy about the Muslim religion.

When Donald Trump moves the goalposts, they get wider and closer to the kicker.

Trump started with "He's Mexican", then moved on to "La Raza", and now has moved on to a bizarre analogy about the Muslim religion.

When Donald Trump moves the goalposts, they get wider and closer to the kicker.
And yet he still can't manage to stop clanking them off the uprights.

Are you saying this is why you are voting for Trump? A bit of a personal question but you don't seem too shy.

I would agree there is segment of "The Left" that abuses identity politics, political correctness, etc. That's no reason to go the complete opposite direction and pick ChickenTrump.
Not sure yet General.  I voted for Trump in the Primary.  I do have some concerns about him being President, so not sure where I'll vote on that yet.

America is in big big trouble.  That much I know.

Not sure yet General.  I voted for Trump in the Primary.  I do have some concerns about him being President, so not sure where I'll vote on that yet.

America is in big big trouble.  That much I know.
America is great and only getting better.

I'm having drinks at The Trump Tower patio bar in Chicago right now, no schtick. Great service and a good decent local beer selection for hotel bar. 

I'm having drinks at The Trump Tower patio bar in Chicago right now, no schtick. Great service and a good decent local beer selection for hotel bar. 
Gross.. So many great options in that area and city that aren't a sterile tourist trap with no Chicago soul.

I didn't ask if it's still happening, I asked if it's legal.  Of course discrimination still exists in the world.  There's plenty of reverse discrimination going on as well, only difference is that's the kind that is legal. 
Employment discrimination laws protect white lawyers in the legal profession as well. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread