What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gross.. So many great options in that area and city that aren't a sterile tourist trap with no Chicago soul.
I'm with a group of people some wanted to come here. You're right probably should have complained about it and made us all get into cabs and go somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:  "White Privilege".  Might be the most idiotic, embarrassing invention of modern Liberalism.  Got news for you chief, there was no "privilege" in my life.  I grew up in a lower middle class, mixed race urban setting where you had to earn everything you got.  Sorry, but I've got no guilt, no remorse, no apologies for the successes I've achieved.  Just a blueprint that consists of hard work and a fundamental belief in a fair and equal playing field.
You are so clueless Higgs.  In my lifetime, and maybe in yours (certainly your parents), people who were not white were not allowed to open businesses, were raped without consequence, were hunted down like dogs, were murdered without consequence (oftentimes children were murdered by adults, openly and in public, with no consequences).  This race of people were not allowed to go to the same schools as white people, were not allowed to frequent businesses, and, on those occasions that they COULD go to the same businesses as whites, they had to be cordoned off like animals in special sections.

So, yes, there was (and continues to be) a "privilege" to being a race (white) that wasn't treated one step above an animal in this country (black). I'm so sorry that you were "lower middle class" where you had to actually work for stuff.  Boo-effing-hoo.  What's that you said?  You father wasn't murdered by white people who were angry that you bought property in "their" part of town?  Lucky you!  There is a whole race of people who weren't so lucky.

You are such a boob. 

Oh the "systemic" issue that I've debunked in here ad nauseum.  Fact is, a minority has an easier time getting into a college today than a white person.  Easier access to financial aid as well.  There is no arguing this.  Even Harvard has admitted this in their lawsuit from Asians who have been unfairly discriminated against.  This isn't hypothetical at all.  This is real ####.  You ok with Asian students who have a much higher SAT enrage than blacks not getting into Harvard?  On what planet is that just?  And you don't think that is impactful to a person's life?  This is the only form of legal discrimination left today, and it can't be justified. 
Sounds like I need to join the Asian-American Bar Association. 

No judge who went to a real university should be allowed to preside in a case involving Trump's fake university. Biased!

You are so clueless Higgs.  In my lifetime, and maybe in yours (certainly your parents), people who were not white were not allowed to open businesses, were raped without consequence, were hunted down like dogs, were murdered without consequence (oftentimes children were murdered by adults, openly and in public, with no consequences).  This race of people were not allowed to go to the same schools as white people, were not allowed to frequent businesses, and, on those occasions that they COULD go to the same businesses as whites, they had to be cordoned off like animals in special sections.

So, yes, there was (and continues to be) a "privilege" to being a race (white) that wasn't treated one step above an animal in this country (black). I'm so sorry that you were "lower middle class" where you had to actually work for stuff.  Boo-effing-hoo.  What's that you said?  You father wasn't murdered by white people who were angry that you bought property in "their" part of town?  Lucky you!  There is a whole race of people who weren't so lucky.

You are such a boob. 
Wtf are you talking about?  Talk about clueless.  Dude - I know more about racism than you or your phony liberal friends in here combined.  I am from a mixed race family you dillweed.   :lmao:   Yeah, that's right - surprise surprise.  The "must be racist Conservative" has a half sister who is black.  And guess what?  She might be more conservative than me.  My father, though white, was a respected civil rights activist and helped hundreds of minority children, as did my biological white mother and my black step-mother.  So yeah - take your sorry ### ignorant bigotry and liberal stereotyping somewhere else.

I know they are two different things.  The San Diego La Raza Lawyer's Association is still an Advocacy Group.  It's right there on their website in their Mission Statement:

• Strongly advocate positions on judicial, economic and social issues to political leaders and state and local bar associations that impact the Latino community.
The Liberal liars in here continue to post false articles claiming that this group isn't an Advocacy Group.  They clearly are.  In no uncertain terms.  They even use the word "strongly".
Trump maintains that he will help the Latino community, in part by bringing jobs back to that community.  So if Trump maintains that he will help the Latino community, and in fact that is why the Latino community will support him, what is the problem?  Why would the Judge be biased against him if he is promising to help the Latino community?

You are such a boob. 
:mellow:

Nothing sweet about this guy today

Trump maintains that he will help the Latino community, in part by bringing jobs back to that community.  So if Trump maintains that he will help the Latino community, and in fact that is why the Latino community will support him, what is the problem?  Why would the Judge be biased against him if he is promising to help the Latino community?
This avoid point and someone brought it up earlier.  I am going off of two things:

1) the Judge's Advocacy Group came out against Trump's proposals

2) Most Latinos - mostly due to misinformation and their own biases - view Trump unfavorably.

Higgs I believe your background gives you knowledge on this subject. But if you don't believe white privilege exists in this country then you're just wrong IMO. I see it all the time, in two ways: economic advancement and justice. 

Economic advancement- simply put, if you are a white man you have a much easier time advancing economically in this country, particulary in the corporate world. Just look at the statistics on this.Granted it is much better than it used to be, there is much more diversity, but the overall numbers are still heavily weighted toward white men. For most minorities, the ceiling is still there. 

Justice- if you are black or Latino there is a strong chance that at several points during your life you have been stopped and harassed by police for no reason. White people don't have to suffer this indignity and many of them don't understand it. 

Trump's popularity, IMO, is not based on resentment over minority privilege. You may tell yourselves that, but what it's really about is white fear that very soon we will become a minority ourselves. 

This avoid point and someone brought it up earlier.  I am going off of two things:

2) Most Latinos - mostly due to misinformation and their own biases - view Trump unfavorably.
It's not my intent to avoid any point. Do you have a press release from the bar association group on number 1?  If the Judge was involved in preparing or joining in that statement, I would agree that it raises an appearance of bias at the very least, if not grounds for recusal.

As a follow-up question, you said you're okay with judges belonging to political parties. I'm pretty sure the Democratic Party has come out against Trump's proposals. I would think a Democratic judge would have an even greater likelihood to be biased.  Can you explain the distinction?

:lmao: @ #2

Wtf are you talking about?  Talk about clueless.  Dude - I know more about racism than you or your phony liberal friends in here combined.  I am from a mixed race family you dillweed.   :lmao:   Yeah, that's right - surprise surprise.  The "must be racist Conservative" has a half sister who is black.  And guess what?  She might be more conservative than me.  My father, though white, was a respected civil rights activist and helped hundreds of minority children, as did my biological white mother and my black step-mother.  So yeah - take your sorry ### ignorant bigotry and liberal stereotyping somewhere else.
you are hitting all the steriotypes, weirdo.  I almost don't believe you really exist.

for the record: "I can't be racist because I have friends/family/girlfriend who is black" is pretty high on the list on "things racist people say."  (along with "why isn't there a white bar association").  

So yeah, you have that going for you.  You need to stop while you are 52 miles behind.  You are SO hung up on race, and maybe we are starting to see why.

None of this speaks to Trump saying a Muslim judge wouldn't be fair either.  He is setting fire to your very graspy at straws defense.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-muslim-judge-might-not-be-fair-to-me-either-223912#ixzz4Ai7rDkBg
He's trying to lose the election, right? This has to be some weird social experiment or something and any day Casey Affleck is going to show up and let everyone know he's been filming the whole time to make some sort of obscure point that no one understands. 

He's trying to lose the election, right? This has to be some weird social experiment or something and any day Casey Affleck is going to show up and let everyone know he's been filming the whole time to make some sort of obscure point that no one understands. 
I'm definitely starting to believe that he really doesn't want to win.  If he continues on with his rhetoric with absolutely no regrets or acknowledgment of being wrong he can keep his base of supporters riled up.  The narrative that the media and political insiders are out to get him is real as long as he keeps saying outlandish stuff getting bad press and eventually causing him to lose.  

When he loses he will be a pariah of sorts for the angry (sometimes racists) white man.   He'll be able to pander to a loyal and lucrative base of people the rest of his days, selling tons of books, charging tons of money for media appearances, speeching engagements, etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Higgs I believe your background gives you knowledge on this subject. But if you don't believe white privilege exists in this country then you're just wrong IMO. I see it all the time, in two ways: economic advancement and justice. 

Economic advancement- simply put, if you are a white man you have a much easier time advancing economically in this country, particulary in the corporate world. Just look at the statistics on this.Granted it is much better than it used to be, there is much more diversity, but the overall numbers are still heavily weighted toward white men. For most minorities, the ceiling is still there. 

Justice- if you are black or Latino there is a strong chance that at several points during your life you have been stopped and harassed by police for no reason. White people don't have to suffer this indignity and many of them don't understand it. 

Trump's popularity, IMO, is not based on resentment over minority privilege. You may tell yourselves that, but what it's really about is white fear that very soon we will become a minority ourselves. 
I'll give you the piece on profiling.  That clearly exists, and it's very unfortunate.  My sister gets followed around and monitored by security all the time in the upscale Mall we go to.  But guess what - if you aren't doing anything wrong it's just a nuisance.  It does suck though.

I work in the corporate world and its a known fact where I am that qualified minorities and women have an easier time advancing up the ladder.  I've seen it many times. Our company is literally begging for qualified blacks to fill our open positions.

My best friend at work is partially disabled and also gay.  He calls himself bulletproof, and he is.  Double protected.  The company wouldn't dare lay him off.  This is the reality that I see in corpoorate America today, and I've got a pretty good view of it from many different angles.

None of this speaks to Trump saying a Muslim judge wouldn't be fair either.  He is setting fire to your very graspy at straws defense.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-muslim-judge-might-not-be-fair-to-me-either-223912#ixzz4Ai7rDkBg
So this is what people have been alluding to. It's the natural extension of his ideology.

I thought Tapper confronted him on this perfectly, an argument that someone is disqualified because of his race or religion is inherently racist or prejudiced.

So this is what people have been alluding to. It's the natural extension of his ideology.

I thought Tapper confronted him on this perfectly, an argument that someone is disqualified because of his race or religion is inherently racist or prejudiced.
And kudos to Tapper for not just letting it go and moving on like some of them do with Trump.

You have a half-black half sister so you know more about racism than Sweet J (who I believe is Native American) and all the liberals in this thread? You're taking the having black friends shtick to a whole nother level, dude.

What was wrong exactly about what Sweet J posted that your superior knowledge about racism and towering intellect would like to correct?

While we're at it, since you're the resident expert on police shootings, do you think the racially charged firing of the San Francisco police chief was justified? I'd also like to know what advocacy groups the new chief is allowed to belong to.
Isn't it time to feed the fish chief?  Tell you what, I'll answer your questions when you start answering mine.  Still waiting for your opinions on a white advocacy group - and if a lawyer who belonged to it should be allowed to Judge the Freddie Gray case.

Actually, I was stopped and harassed a lot by the police when I was a teenager.

I think that whirlwind of Trump was being reported more like a natural disaster or plane crash than an actual political candidate for most of the primary.  Many reporters have let him off the hook, but the nature of the politics of the GOP primary was never about substance so there seemed to have been a mutually beneficial situation where CNN/etc can have their highly viewable reality drama and Trump could promote his self interest.  

Perhaps it's because the media never really took him seriously that he was dealt with with kids gloves, but I think it's clear that all of that is over.  He simply can not use the same methods of deflecting like more insults or "red" meat (10 FOOT HIGHER!!! etc).  I've said it before in this thread, but it's probably a 50/50 proposition that he does a one on one debate.  He is absolutely shook when it comes to discussing policy.  

Reporters now smell the blood in the water, they will all be wanting to ask the next tough question that makes him say something incredibly stupid. 

I'm definitely starting to believe that he really doesn't want to win.  If he continues on with his rhetoric with absolutely no regrets or acknowledgment of being wrong he can keep his base of supporters riled up.  The narrative that the media and political insiders are out to get him is real as long as he keeps saying outlandish stuff getting bad press and eventually causing him to lose.  

When he loses he will be a pariah of sorts for the angry (sometimes racists) white man.   He'll be able to pander to a loyal and lucrative base of people the rest of his days, selling tons of books, charging tons of money for media appearances, speeching engagements, etc. 
You might be on to something here.

you are hitting all the steriotypes, weirdo.  I almost don't believe you really exist.

for the record: "I can't be racist because I have friends/family/girlfriend who is black" is pretty high on the list on "things racist people say."  (along with "why isn't there a white bar association").  

So yeah, you have that going for you.  You need to stop while you are 52 miles behind.  You are SO hung up on race, and maybe we are starting to see why.
Yeah, you're going on ignore.  No sense having any discussions with you any further.

When he loses he will be a pariah messiah of sorts for the angry (sometimes racists) white man.   He'll be able to pander to a loyal and lucrative base of people the rest of his days, selling tons of books, charging tons of money for media appearances, speech engagements, etc. 

They're not allowed. 
Let's pretend that you were in charge of maintaining a 95% red to blue bean ratio at some made up bean counting job.   If you ended up having to subtract 2 red beans and add 5 blue beans in order to satisfactorily do your job, would you explain your work as not allowing red beans to be produced?

Can someone explain to me why we are calling a professional lawyers association an "advocacy group"? I'm lost. 

Show me a "white advocacy group" equivalent to what this judge belonged to and I'd be happy to opine
It's a hypothetical, as I said - designed to make a point.  If you believe that a Judge's participation in an ethnic or racially based advocacy group is ok and non-prejudicial in cases impacting that person's race, then I assume you'd be ok with a Judge belonging to a white advocacy group presiding over the Freddie Gray case.

Did Curiel get the Trump U case before or after Donald revealed his bigotry against Mexicans?

Given that he is American it shouldn't matter but it might give Higgs a fig leaf to hide behind

We're running out of time, buddy. The NBA Finals are on in half-an-hour and I want to watch my African Americans beat those from Cleveland. If that's not enough studying time for you we'll have to do it after the game. No way I'm missing it just to embarrass you further, that will have to wait.

Or will you simply put me on ignore? Always the preferred strategy of the intellectual stalwart.

ETA :Nevermind the game already started. Smell ya later.
Look at you!  Much better attitude than this afternoon when you ducked and dodged.  I like the new you.

In the beginning, Higgs created the heavens and earth. But I figured, who are people going to believe, God or some boson?

It's a hypothetical, as I said - designed to make a point.  If you believe that a Judge's participation in an ethnic or racially based advocacy group is ok and non-prejudicial in cases impacting that person's race, then I assume you'd be ok with a Judge belonging to a white advocacy group presiding over the Freddie Gray case.
Like this one that's already been brought up multiple times? http://www.irishamericanbar.com/ I see no reason why someone belonging to that association could not preside over the Freddie Gray case. Professional associations are all over the place and many are based on ethnicity or other unifying factors such as religion. I'd be shocked if there were many judges out there that didn't belong to some sort of association.

That all being said, the case against Trump has absolutely nothing to do with race or ethnicity or Latinos. His screwing people out of money seemed to be non-prejudicial. So this whole conversation is nonsense. It makes no sense. The Trump U case doesn't even have anything to do with Mexicans or building a wall or illegal Latino immigrants. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread