What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Atlantic published this a while back:

A Liberal Who Wants America To Win

I have been a liberal practically all of my life (29 years). I am an atheist, and my first ever Presidential vote was cast for John Kerry. I more or less despised George Bush, and even though I leaned toward Hillary in 2008, I voted for Obama in 2012. I support gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, and many other liberal positions.

I do, however, believe that our country is in a terrible position and on a terrible track. Trump strikes many of my nerves, but one of the most accurate and dangerously true statements he has made is that "America doesn't win anymore." I agree. The world is rising while America falls. America and its leaders seem resigned to this fact. Rather than stiffening their spine and fighting to make America a prosperous nation for all, they simply talk, go through the motions, throw out a few "red meat" issues to keep their respective bases satisfied, and continue to concede American jobs and economic strength to the rest of the world.

To friends and family, I have long railed against the fact that America uses Presidential rejects and other back-bench political cronies as their chief negotiators. John Kerry (yes, the man I voted for) was out-negotiated time and time again by his Russian counterpart. And now, it appears that the same thing has happened once again with the Iran negotiators. This all ties back to the same fundamental thread: politicians have failed this country, leading to one loss after another.

I do not believe that I am a racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other negative label that has been affixed to Trump supports. Rather, I feel that political correctness has run amok in this country, and we now live in a society where every blogger and Twitter user is searching for the slightest offense so they can try to ruin another human (famous, or not). The average person is afraid of expressing any controversial opinion in a public forum for fear of being "exposed," made viral, and ruined, personally and/or professionally. It is heartening to see someone as confident and impervious to criticism as Trump standing up to this ever-present moband winning! People tend to support the underdog. Most media outlets have attacked Trump with so much vitriol that they have turned him into a sympathetic figure.

Yes, I really do feel that Donald Trump has the interests of America at heart. He has already made his money and lived a life of glamour and fame, and another few billion dollars won't have any real impact on his quality of life. Rather, I genuinely believe that Trump feels the need to fight for the country he loves. There once was a time when people could actually feel proud to be Americans, and Trump comes from a generation that experienced that feeling. Now, many are embarrassed to be associated with this country. Jobs are being outsourced with reckless abandon and this country is literally being hollowed out. Economic statistics do no justice to this reality, and the average American knows this to be true.

Trump supporters feel that a confident, strong-willed leader is needed to right the ship and to fight back against the perpetual decline this country has experienced for the last two-plus decades. And to be honest, I feel that Trump is our only hope in this next election. This is coming from someone who voted for Obama in the last election! Anyway, that's my story and the main reasons why I support Trump. I didn't plan out this response for days or try to make this all-inclusive, but this should give you a fair idea of why I, a liberal, support Donald Trump for president.
I don't know much about the Atlantic, they are probably a right wing nut job website and this comment was fabricated for the story.
I swear you could take this article, nearly word for word, change just a few of the historical references, and place it as written by a young German liberal in 1932 explaining why he was going to support somebody that could make his country great again.
isn't that played out? Get some new material here

Anonymous author who wouldn't sign their name to this piece. Probably fake or they would have identified themselves.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
I am, even the pedophile in the Salon article identified himself by name, but not the supposed "liberal" here. :lol:
You see how Tim twisted what the guy said and tried to compare him to a Hitler supporter? You think people want that kind of negative attention from psychos in their real life?

Last edited by a moderator:

I have been a liberal practically all of my life (29 years). I am an atheist, and my first ever Presidential vote was cast for John Kerry. I more or less despised George Bush, and even though I leaned toward Hillary in 2008, I voted for Obama in 2012. I support gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, and many other liberal positions.

I do, however, believe that our country is in a terrible position and on a terrible track. Trump strikes many of my nerves, but one of the most accurate and dangerously true statements he has made is that "America doesn't win anymore." I agree. The world is rising while America falls. America and its leaders seem resigned to this fact. Rather than stiffening their spine and fighting to make America a prosperous nation for all, they simply talk, go through the motions, throw out a few "red meat" issues to keep their respective bases satisfied, and continue to concede American jobs and economic strength to the rest of the world.

To friends and family, I have long railed against the fact that America uses Presidential rejects and other back-bench political cronies as their chief negotiators. John Kerry (yes, the man I voted for) was out-negotiated time and time again by his Russian counterpart. And now, it appears that the same thing has happened once again with the Iran negotiators. This all ties back to the same fundamental thread: politicians have failed this country, leading to one loss after another.

I do not believe that I am a racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other negative label that has been affixed to Trump supports. Rather, I feel that political correctness has run amok in this country, and we now live in a society where every blogger and Twitter user is searching for the slightest offense so they can try to ruin another human (famous, or not). The average person is afraid of expressing any controversial opinion in a public forum for fear of being "exposed," made viral, and ruined, personally and/or professionally. It is heartening to see someone as confident and impervious to criticism as Trump standing up to this ever-present moband winning! People tend to support the underdog. Most media outlets have attacked Trump with so much vitriol that they have turned him into a sympathetic figure.

Yes, I really do feel that Donald Trump has the interests of America at heart. He has already made his money and lived a life of glamour and fame, and another few billion dollars won't have any real impact on his quality of life. Rather, I genuinely believe that Trump feels the need to fight for the country he loves. There once was a time when people could actually feel proud to be Americans, and Trump comes from a generation that experienced that feeling. Now, many are embarrassed to be associated with this country. Jobs are being outsourced with reckless abandon and this country is literally being hollowed out. Economic statistics do no justice to this reality, and the average American knows this to be true.

Trump supporters feel that a confident, strong-willed leader is needed to right the ship and to fight back against the perpetual decline this country has experienced for the last two-plus decades. And to be honest, I feel that Trump is our only hope in this next election. This is coming from someone who voted for Obama in the last election! Anyway, that's my story and the main reasons why I support Trump. I didn't plan out this response for days or try to make this all-inclusive, but this should give you a fair idea of why I, a liberal, support Donald Trump for president.
I don't know much about the Atlantic, they are probably a right wing nut job website and this comment was fabricated for the story.
I swear you could take this article, nearly word for word, change just a few of the historical references, and place it as written by a young German liberal in 1932 explaining why he was going to support somebody that could make his country great again.
Sounds like Hope and Change from 8 years ago also.

What is surprising is DD wouldn't like Trump while he is advertising the respectable Wounded Warrior Project. Trump made it very clear he is going to take care of the vets. The D Debate didn't even talk about VETS once, they were too busy talking about black live matters bs.

You not answering my questions tells us all we need to know about you. No substance, all shtick, not very bright.

The apple doesn't fall far from the Trump tree after all.

The difference, Getzlaf, between Obama and Trump is the nature of what Trump is proposing to do. He promises to build our military up so much that "no one will mess with us." He wants America to be great again in such a manner, not that other nations like us but that they fear us. And he has a convenient scapegoat to blame all of our problems on: illegal immigrants. Trump's appeal, unlike Obama's is to the lower middle classes: mainly white Americans who yearn to recapture our supposed dominant position.

I don't believe Trump is Hitler but at the same time there are scary similarities. Especially in the sort of people who swallow his nonsense.

What is surprising is DD wouldn't like Trump while he is advertising the respectable Wounded Warrior Project. Trump made it very clear he is going to take care of the vets. The D Debate didn't even talk about VETS once, they were too busy talking about black live matters bs.
Bernie has made it quite clear he wants to take care of our vets

He already has. He's one of the few politicians who has seriously made a difference. If elected President, the only significant contribution Trump will make to our veterans is to create a whole lot more of them.

Bernie is giving free #### to everyone, we know.

You not answering my questions tells us all we need to know about you. No substance, all shtick, not very bright.

Perhaps we shouldn't expect more from someone who has yet to figure out how to quote something.

Perhaps we shouldn't expect more from someone who has yet to figure out how to quote something.
Quote function training in 2009 was pretty rough, JBK was probably imprisoned at that point so we have to cut him some slack. Convicts for Trump!

Pretty sure I heard the phrase "boots on the ground" more times than they talked about vets during the GOP debates

http://www.inquisitr.com/2507843/did-donald-trump-predict-911-more-than-a-year-before-terrorist-attacks/

In his 2000 book The America We Deserve, the billionaire entrepreneur describes with chilling accuracy what would become a reality when terrorists hijacked planes on the morning of September 11, 2001.
“I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers. No sensible analyst rejects this possibility, and plenty of them, like me, are not wondering if, but when it will happen.

“One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin-Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jet fighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

Vision

http://www.inquisitr.com/2507843/did-donald-trump-predict-911-more-than-a-year-before-terrorist-attacks/

In his 2000 book The America We Deserve, the billionaire entrepreneur describes with chilling accuracy what would become a reality when terrorists hijacked planes on the morning of September 11, 2001.

“I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers. No sensible analyst rejects this possibility, and plenty of them, like me, are not wondering if, but when it will happen.

“One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin-Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jet fighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

Vision
"Buildings he made"

:lmao:

The difference, Getzlaf, between Obama and Trump is the nature of what Trump is proposing to do. He promises to build our military up so much that "no one will mess with us." He wants America to be great again in such a manner, not that other nations like us but that they fear us. And he has a convenient scapegoat to blame all of our problems on: illegal immigrants. Trump's appeal, unlike Obama's is to the lower middle classes: mainly white Americans who yearn to recapture our supposed dominant position.

I don't believe Trump is Hitler but at the same time there are scary similarities. Especially in the sort of people who swallow his nonsense.
Several candidates want to build the military back up. I don't want any wars, and I would like it so that we are feared. It prevents wars or at least attacks on our soil.

LOL.. Obama did the same thing promising hope and change. His target was blacks and young people.

Just politics.

Trump isn't remotely close to Hitler. You should stop this trolling. LOL.

Cesar Chavez would not have supported amnesty for illegals

http://pjmedia.com/blog/cesar-chavez-would-not-have-supported-amnesty-for-illegals/

"Chavez was primarily a labor leader, and so one of his main concerns was keeping illegal immigrants from competing with and undercutting union members either by accepting lower wages or crossing picket lines. When he pulled workers out of the field during a strike, the last thing he wanted was a crew of illegal immigrant workers showing up to do those jobs and take away his leverage.

So Chavez decided to do something about it. According to numerous historical accounts, Chavez ordered union members to call the Immigration and Naturalization Service and report illegal immigrants who were working in the fields so that they could be deported. Some UFW officials were also known to picket INS offices to demand a crackdown on illegal immigrants."

DD for a guy who was in the military you sure do hate America. I guess living in DC will do that to anyone.
Go #### yourself.
Actually this about the most insulting comment I've ever gotten here.No idea what the impetus is besides Chauncey being a ####### fascist #####, but you've just been added to the list.

Blow it out your ### you ####### $3 whore. :thumbup:
That means a lot coming from you.

Several candidates want to build the military back up. I don't want any wars, and I would like it so that we are feared. It prevents wars or at least attacks on our soil.

LOL.. Obama did the same thing promising hope and change. His target was blacks and young people.

Just politics.

Do you think countries don't fear our military capabilities? If not, what would we need to do to make them scared?

This is why I post as much as I do in the Trump threads. I know there's some reasonable, decent, intelligent Americans out there who are thinking of supporting Trump as some sort of "harmless" protest vote. This is the sort of awful racism and xenophobia that you are encouraging and validating. It has the potential to be much worse for this country than anything else coming from any other candidate. Don't do it. Our country is way, way better than this.

You keep saying this...again, no substance.

And...given what Trump has promised and the costs of all of it...its a laughable thing for you to say.

Almost as good as "Cruz is the smarted candidate" and all the "buildings Trump made".

And...given what Trump has promised and the costs of all of it...its a laughable thing for you to say.

Almost as good as "Cruz is the smarted candidate" and all the "buildings Trump made".
Trump is promising free government funded health care to all who can't afford it, and making sure that 75 million households get exempted from income tax altogether.

This is why I post as much as I do in the Trump threads. I know there's some reasonable, decent, intelligent Americans out there who are thinking of supporting Trump as some sort of "harmless" protest vote. This is the sort of awful racism and xenophobia that you are encouraging and validating. It has the potential to be much worse for this country than anything else coming from any other candidate. Don't do it. Our country is way, way better than this.
Not a Trump supporter but so proud of how the current administration has worked to eliminate racism in the US. :thumbup:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-10-27/why-donald-trump-could-win-the-republican-nomination

Why Donald Trump Could Win the Republican Nomination

While Republican politicians—including arch-conservative presidential candidate Ted Cruz—want to increase legal immigration, 67 percent of Republicans want to decrease immigration flows and 63 percent view immigrants as a burden, according to surveys by the Pew Research Institute. Trump caught fire over the summer with incendiary rhetoric about illegal immigration from Mexico and by being the first to call for deporting an estimated 11 million people now living in the U.S. illegally.

Some voters see the political establishment's support for more immigration as a payoff to elites. Philip Koch, 64, an independent from Linn County, Iowa, and a Trump supporter, accused the GOP establishment for backing immigration reform for the sake of “cheap labor” for big business. “They’re doing what needs to be done for their donors. They’re selfish and they’re doing what people are paying them to do.” He likes Trump because “he’s not doing what the Republican mainstream are doing,” Koch said. “And I don’t want what the Republican mainstream are doing.”

Protect Social Security, reject free tradeTrump also breaks with Republican elites who support free trade and want to cut Social Security and Medicare. Nearly all Republican candidates from Bush to Senator Marco Rubio are campaigning on cutting entitlements and many want to ink the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade accord. But Trump is joining forces with some on the left by campaigning to protect the retirement programs and assailing President Barack Obama's trade pact as a “disaster.” Nearly 80 percent of Republicans want to preserve Social Security and Medicare, according to a Reuters poll earlier this year.

Foreign policy bravadoAfter Bush said his brother “kept us safe,” Trump observed that the elder Bush brother was president on Sept. 11, 2001, the day terrorist attacks took down the World Trade Center and damaged the Pentagon. Jeb Bush took umbrage, at which point Trump steered the conversation to the Iraq war.

Trump says it is a war that he has opposed—unlike most Republican party leaders in Washington but like most voters: 71 percent of Americans view the war as a mistake, with Republicans about evenly split, according to a 2014 poll.

'I'll cut your legs off'At the end of the day, some Republican elites still refuse to believe Trump can win the nomination—after all, the party hasn't picked a someone who never held elected office since in 1950s. But Ornstein notes that the Republican base is “so consumed with anger at their establishment” and that Trump's blustery attitude has a strong appeal to that sort of frustration. “For people who believe their own establishment has been basically humiliated and taken to the cleaners repeatedly by Barack Obama, a guy who says 'You tap me on the shoulders and I'll cut your legs off' gets attention,” he said.

You're right, they aren't free he just tells suckers like yourself that they are.

His plans are going to cost us at least 18 trillion dollars and his tax plan is going to bring back around 6.5 trillion over the next 10 years. Great stuff.

I think we should keep adding to our debt instead of paying it off too.

You're right, they aren't free he just tells suckers like yourself that they are.

His plans are going to cost us at least 18 trillion dollars and his tax plan is going to bring back around 6.5 trillion over the next 10 years. Great stuff.

Suckers like me that won't vote for him?

Nice claims...do you understand what Trump's ideas will cost us?

Or just going to play the game where you only bash the other side and never admit what a disaster your boy will be?

My guess, you will again avoid direct questions because the truth pretty much destroys every argument you make.

Suckers like me that won't vote for him?

Nice claims...do you understand what Trump's ideas will cost us?

Or just going to play the game where you only bash the other side and never admit what a disaster your boy will be?

My guess, you will again avoid direct questions because the truth pretty much destroys every argument you make.
As far as bashing the other side, what are you a sensitive little girl? Can't handle criticism without breaking down and crying? Do you need a trigger warning before each post?

As for Trump's idea, people that don't want Trump in are writing think piece hit jobs on him, but they aren't true. The fact is his tax plan will promote job growth, which will boon the economy.

Getting rid of illegals and building a wall to keep them out will also force the rich to pay American citizens more money, and it will increase the middle class in size.

Have you looked at the numbers? Do you realize how much $$ illegal immigrants cost this country, and the crime they bring? They need to go.

As far as bashing the other side, what are you a sensitive little girl? Can't handle criticism without breaking down and crying? Do you need a trigger warning before each post?

As for Trump's idea, people that don't want Trump in are writing think piece hit jobs on him, but they aren't true. The fact is his tax plan will promote job growth, which will boon the economy.

Getting rid of illegals and building a wall to keep them out will also force the rich to pay American citizens more money, and it will increase the middle class in size.

Have you looked at the numbers? Do you realize how much $$ illegal immigrants cost this country, and the crime they bring? They need to go.
This is rich coming from the guy complaining that you have been attacked.

The rest of your post is not worth even responding to...just the same recycled trump garbage over and over showing how clueless to reality you really are.

Grow up...cya chief.

Just politics.

Do you think countries don't fear our military capabilities? If not, what would we need to do to make them scared?
I don't think that at all. Just less feared than ideal.

Vision
In that excerpt, he's actually downplaying the threat Bin Laden posed to America. He chose his words carefully enough so that he could come back later and say "I told you Bin Laden wasn't a threat!"

Just politics.

I don't think that at all. Just less feared than ideal.
What do you feel it would take to make us the ideal level of feared, and what do you believe the impact has been/will be of countries currently fearing us at these sub-optimal levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread