What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His pronouncementa are oversimplistic and often disingenuous. I've never been a fan of the ranting guy at the end of the bar candidate - which is basically his schtick.

Thanks for the link on secret service - I know that they do offer protection to candidates in the primaries under certaim circumstances. Pretty sure Obama had it many months ahead of the primaries.

-QG
Also, you didn't explain the crazy.. There is no crazy, that is why he is dominating in the polls.

You want crazy, look at the specifics of the Iran deal, that idiot Obama couldn't even get our USA citizen hostages from Iran.
Whose alias is this?
It's your Dad Timmy. I didn't raise you to be a snarky liberal.., so shape up son. I love you. :thumbup:

His pronouncementa are oversimplistic and often disingenuous. I've never been a fan of the ranting guy at the end of the bar candidate - which is basically his schtick.

Thanks for the link on secret service - I know that they do offer protection to candidates in the primaries under certaim circumstances. Pretty sure Obama had it many months ahead of the primaries.

-QG
Also, you didn't explain the crazy.. There is no crazy, that is why he is dominating in the polls.

You want crazy, look at the specifics of the Iran deal, that idiot Obama couldn't even get our USA citizen hostages from Iran.
Whose alias is this?
It's your Dad Timmy. I didn't raise you to be a snarky liberal.., so shape up son. I love you. :thumbup:
My dad is certainly not a liberal. And he hates Hillary Clinton with a passion.

But he told me today he'd vote for her if it was a choice between that and Donald Trump.

-QG

Whose alias is this?
My dad is certainly not a liberal. And he hates Hillary Clinton with a passion.

But he told me today he'd vote for her if it was a choice between that and Donald Trump.
No, I didn't.

Ah yes, the classic "Obama never talked about the issues and only said nothing but 'Hope and Change' throughout his campaign. This is a classic. It's also full of it.

Here's what you can find in the Internet Archive - on this very date in 2007 (i.e. exact same point in the campaign as now) on the issues page. Please note that each header leads to a more detailed page if you click the hyperlink).

https://web.archive.org/web/20070829192725/http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

There are 13 sections.

When in you go inside of the sections there are dozens of paragraphs altogether detailing plans and steps.

Donald Trump's "Issues" page. At the same point in the election cycle.

1 section - Immigration.

Now the one section has a bunch or paragraphs on his one and only issue. Mostly based on the rants that he has made on the campaign trail.

On the chance that he actually, you know lists an issue or answer a question, I give you the internet archive version of the 8/27/15 "issues" page from Trump website. It's the same today.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150824010152/https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

It is crazy to think that talking out ones butt is a way to make policy. He's like a less detailed version of the other Republican candidates when you boil it down on the issues that have made him catch fire.

The wall idea is stupid. It is stupid because there are people in Mexico who have access to rope and shovel technology. It is an expensive farce that makes a certain portion of the electorate feel good but is not a real plan. At least not a real plan that could deal with the issue. Maybe it's more sensible than Christie's human freight plan. I'll give it that.

Anyway, enjoy the Em thread :) I'll go back to the huuuuuuuuuge Trump Thread ;) Mainly posted in this to give it a star so I can take a peek now and then :)

-QG

I wonder when Trump will pick up Secret Service protection. Hopefully he is smart enough to accept it instead of trying to turn it into campaign issue. Crazy attracts crazy unfortunately.

-QG
Why is he crazy? He doesnt like the crooked agenda lead media? He wants to secure the border? He wants to appeal Obamacare? He wants a fair and simple tax code? He thinks this deal with Iran is crazy? He wants to make it easier for businesses to do business in this country?

These are majority points of view.. Explain the crazy.
I wouldn't say crazy, just more of a blowhard, thin-skinned creep.

Whenever you ask him to explain how he wants to do anything he sounds like a complete fool.

Secure the border: Build a wall that the Mexicans pay for and get rid of "the bad ones" here.

Repeal ObamaCare: Absolutely! Replacewith something "terrific".

Fair Tax Code: As long as bankruptcy law doesn't get changed we can do this.

Deal With Iran or China: I'll talk "tough" and negotiate "smarter". I have bought buildings from the Chinese so I know how to handle them.

:lol:

Good stuff Donald!

I wonder when Trump will pick up Secret Service protection. Hopefully he is smart enough to accept it instead of trying to turn it into campaign issue. Crazy attracts crazy unfortunately.

-QG
Why is he crazy? He doesnt like the crooked agenda lead media? He wants to secure the border? He wants to appeal Obamacare? He wants a fair and simple tax code? He thinks this deal with Iran is crazy? He wants to make it easier for businesses to do business in this country?

These are majority points of view.. Explain the crazy.
:lmao:

The reason Trump is so popular is because he is pushing back against Political Correctness, the Political Establishment, and to some degree being a Businessman (outsider).

If the election were held today, I would vote for Trump. Why? I like Cruz, Paul, and would vote for a dead cat before I would vote for Hillary. I believe Trump is a true outsider and COULD shake up the Political Establishment that holds Washington hostage. I would like to see a president that fights! I'm tired of the same old republican candidates who promise and never deliver. Here in KY we have McConnell...ugh. He is worthless. At least we have Rand Paul who seems to fight a little.

This, of course, is my opinion and I believe Trump has a great chance to win because of the few issues he takes on. Illegals, National Debt, Iran, and the hope that his vast business experience will help get this country back on the right track.

We will see...

Jim

The reason Trump is so popular is because he is pushing back against Political Correctness, the Political Establishment, and to some degree being a Businessman (outsider).

If the election were held today, I would vote for Trump. Why? I like Cruz....
:stopped:

@realDonaldTrump: Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so!

@realDonaldTrump: This is the first time in my life that I have caused controversy by NOT saying something.

@realDonaldTrump: If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance!

:lmao: Love this guy.

Amazing some people still don't get the appeal of Trump. He calls out Republicans, isn't bought off, doesn't give a #### about political correctness, tells the media they are losers and calls out Obama/Hillary at every turn. And he doesn't apologize. Something I think he learned from Obama. When was the last time that guy apologized for anything?

@realDonaldTrump: Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so!

@realDonaldTrump: This is the first time in my life that I have caused controversy by NOT saying something.

@realDonaldTrump: If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance!

Spoken like a guy who took yesterday off to do some reflecting. Haha

:goodposting:

Widbil83 said:
Amazing some people still don't get the appeal of Trump. He calls out Republicans, isn't bought off, doesn't give a #### about political correctness, tells the media they are losers and calls out Obama/Hillary at every turn. And he doesn't apologize. Something I think he learned from Obama. When was the last time that guy apologized for anything?
So one of the reasons you dislike Obama is you feel he doesn't apologize for anything, and one of the reasons you like Trump is you feel he doesn't apologize for anything?

Widbil83 said:
Something I think he learned from Obama. When was the last time that guy apologized for anything?
Around 1975 or 1976. As an ice cream scooper for Baskin-Robbins he once gave a customer vanilla when they specifically asked for French vanilla.

Obama said sorry, tough luck dude.

Widbil83 said:
Something I think he learned from Obama. When was the last time that guy apologized for anything?
Around 1975 or 1976. As an ice cream scooper for Baskin-Robbins he once gave a customer vanilla when they specifically asked for French vanilla.

Obama said sorry, tough luck dude.
[Paul Harvey]And that kids name? <pause...... pause.... pause>. Mitt... Romney. <pause> Good day! [/Paul Harvey]

Widbil83 said:
So one of the reasons you dislike Obama is you feel he doesn't apologize for anything, and one of the reasons you like Trump is you feel he doesn't apologize for anything?
I have disliked Obama since he got Jack Ryan's divorce records unsealed to win his Senate seat and have proudly voted against him 3 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Widbil83 said:
I have disliked Obama since he got Jack Ryan's divorce records unsealed to win his Senate seat and have proudly voted against him 3 times.
Sure, but you've got to admit that it's pretty odd that a trait you admire Trump for is the exact one you criticize Obama for.

PROTECTING OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAINDonald J. Trump on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.

The Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that belongs to all law-abiding Americans. The Constitution doesn’t create that right – it ensures that the government can’t take it away. Our Founding Fathers knew, and our Supreme Court has upheld, that the Second Amendment’s purpose is to guarantee our right to defend ourselves and our families. This is about self-defense, plain and simple.

It’s been said that the Second Amendment is America’s first freedom. That’s because the Right to Keep and Bear Arms protects all our other rights. We are the only country in the world that has a Second Amendment. Protecting that freedom is imperative. Here’s how we will do that:

Enforce The Laws On The Books

We need to get serious about prosecuting violent criminals. The Obama administration’s record on that is abysmal. Violent crime in cities like Baltimore, Chicago and many others is out of control. Drug dealers and gang members are given a slap on the wrist and turned loose on the street. This needs to stop.

Several years ago there was a tremendous program in Richmond, Virginia called Project Exile. It said that if a violent felon uses a gun to commit a crime, you will be prosecuted in federal court and go to prison for five years – no parole or early release. Obama’s former Attorney General, Eric Holder, called that a “cookie cutter” program. That’s ridiculous. I call that program a success. Murders committed with guns in Richmond decreased by over 60% when Project Exile was in place – in the first two years of the program alone, 350 armed felons were taken off the street.

Why does that matter to law-abiding gun owners? Because they’re the ones who anti-gun politicians and the media blame when criminals misuse guns. We need to bring back and expand programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do, crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live.

Here’s another important way to fight crime – empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement is great, they do a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time. Our personal protection is ultimately up to us. That’s why I’m a gun owner, that’s why I have a concealed carry permit, and that’s why tens of millions of Americans have concealed carry permits as well. It’s just common sense. To make America great again, we’re going to go after criminals and put the law back on the side of the law-abiding.

Fix Our Broken Mental Health System

Let’s be clear about this. Our mental health system is broken. It needs to be fixed. Too many politicians have ignored this problem for too long.

All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We need to expand treatment programs, because most people with mental health problems aren’t violent, they just need help. But for those who are violent, a danger to themselves or others, we need to get them off the street before they can terrorize our communities. This is just common sense.

And why does this matter to law-abiding gun owners? Once again, because they get blamed by anti-gun politicians, gun control groups and the media for the acts of deranged madmen. When one of these tragedies occurs, we can count on two things: one, that opponents of gun rights will immediately exploit it to push their political agenda; and two, that none of their so-called “solutions” would have prevented the tragedy in the first place. They’ve even admitted it.

We need real solutions to address real problems. Not grandstanding or political agendas.

Defend The Rights of Law-Abiding Gun Owners

GUN AND MAGAZINE BANS. Gun and magazine bans are a total failure. That’s been proven every time it’s been tried. Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like “assault weapons”, “military-style weapons” and “high capacity magazines” to confuse people. What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans. Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own.

BACKGROUND CHECKS. There has been a national background check system in place since 1998. Every time a person buys a gun from a federally licensed gun dealer – which is the overwhelming majority of all gun purchases – they go through a federal background check. Study after study has shown that very few criminals are stupid enough to try and pass a background check – they get their guns from friends/family members or by stealing them. So the overwhelming majority of people who go through background checks are law-abiding gun owners. When the system was created, gun owners were promised that it would be instant, accurate and fair. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case today. Too many states are failing to put criminal and mental health records into the system – and it should go without saying that a system’s only going to be as effective as the records that are put into it. What we need to do is fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.

MILITARY BASES AND RECRUITING CENTERS. Banning our military from carrying firearms on bases and at recruiting centers is ridiculous. We train our military how to safely and responsibly use firearms, but our current policies leave them defenseless. To make America great again, we need a strong military. To have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves.

wdcrob said:
Background checks? Expanding mental health treatment? Ensuring criminals and the mentally ill are prevented from purchasing weapons by updating records at the national level?

The NRA isn't going to take this sitting down.
Why would the NRA be against improving mental health treatment?

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesnt stop at the end of your driveway. Thats why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A drivers license works in every state, so its common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving which is a privilege, not a right then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.
Carrying a concealed firearm is a right? I seriously doubt SCOTUS would agree with that.

In any event, the driver's license analogy is not a good one. Some states have stricter requirements than others - California, for example, requires people to pass a gun safety course to qualify for a concealed weapon permit, while South Dakota does not. I don't think politicians in South Dakota with laxer requirements, should have a say on who may carry a concealed weapon here in California (seems like a states' rights argument that conservatives would usually make).

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2015/09/19/im-one-donald-trump-vows-protect-christians-religious-liberty/

Im One of You: Donald Trump Vows to Protect Christians, Religious Liberty

Every year it gets worse and worse, he said. We have nobody fighting for us. Im one of you just remember that.
so hard to be a Christian these days. I don't know how you guys manage
Please don't make fun of Christians even though you are being sarcastic, it is very hurtful.

Widbil83 said:
Also, he calls out Republicans, and he is a Republican.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2015/09/19/im-one-donald-trump-vows-protect-christians-religious-liberty/

Every year it gets worse and worse, he said. We have nobody fighting for us. Im one of you just remember that.
Please don't make fun of Christians even though you are being sarcastic, it is very hurtful.
Schtick aliai have run their course.

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesnt stop at the end of your driveway. Thats why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A drivers license works in every state, so its common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving which is a privilege, not a right then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.
Carrying a concealed firearm is a right? I seriously doubt SCOTUS would agree with that.

In any event, the driver's license analogy is not a good one. Some states have stricter requirements than others - California, for example, requires people to pass a gun safety course to qualify for a concealed weapon permit, while South Dakota does not. I don't think politicians in South Dakota with laxer requirements, should have a say on who may carry a concealed weapon here in California (seems like a states' rights argument that conservatives would usually make).
Gay Marriage

Gay Marriage
The NRA doesn't agree with you on that according to an article from the NRA-ILA site:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150705/don-t-equate-same-sex-marriage-decision-with-national-concealed-carry-reciprocity

Don't Equate Same-Sex Marriage Decision with National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court issued an opinion in the case of Obergefell v. Hodges, which concerned whether same-sex marriage is a right protected by the U.S. Constitution. Although the case did not address the right to bear arms, some pro-gun advocates began debating whether the Courts reasoning and analysis had application to national concealed carry licensing reciprocity.

This is a reasonable question. If states that formerly did not sanction same-sex marriage now have to recognize all marriages from states that do, shouldnt that also mean restrictive may issue concealed carry jurisdictions have to recognize concealed carry licenses from less restrictive shall-issue jurisdictions? Some commentators went even further, insisting that Obergefell has conclusively settled the national reciprocity issue in favor of gun owners.

Unfortunately, the answer is not that simple. In particular, we strongly advise concealed carry license holders not to assume Obergefell provides them with the legal basis they need to carry without an in-state license in strongly anti-gun states such as Maryland, New Jersey, or New York. Doing so at this point would still subject the traveler to arrest and criminal prosecution.

This is so for a number of reasons, chief of which is that the U.S. Supreme Court has not yet ruled squarely on the question of whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a loaded handgun in public, and if it does, whether states must recognize each others permits. The landmark cases of Heller and McDonald only concerned the question of handgun possession in the home.

Until the Supreme Court rules on the issue conclusively, certain reliably anti-gun jurisdictions can be counted on to exist in a state of denial and defiance. If states and lower courts can ignore a congressional statute like Firearm Owners Protection Act and they do they certainly can ignore arguments that the philosophical bases for interstate recognition of same-sex marriage compel interstate recognition of concealed carry permits.

But there is a lesson gun owners can draw from Obergefell. An uncontested fact mentioned in Chief Justice Robertss dissent in the case is that no society was known to have permitted same-sex marriage before 2001. Now, in 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court has found it to be a fundamental right that cannot be overturned by any state legislature or popular referendum. Whatever ones view of same-sex marriage, the incredible shift in this area shows what is possible when people dedicate themselves to a common cause.

That is the true lesson of the Obergefell decision for gun owners, who should not rest until Second Amendment rights are similarly respected in all 50 states. That is why the NRA will continue to lead the fight in the legislative, legal and political arenas to secure national right to carry reciprocity so that all Americans can defend themselves everywhere they are legally entitled to be.

just declare yourself persecuted already

The NRA doesn't agree with you on that according to an article from the NRA-ILA site:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150705/don-t-equate-same-sex-marriage-decision-with-national-concealed-carry-reciprocity

Don't Equate Same-Sex Marriage Decision with National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court issued an opinion in the case of Obergefell v. Hodges, which concerned whether same-sex marriage is a right protected by the U.S. Constitution. Although the case did not address the right to bear arms, some pro-gun advocates began debating whether the Courts reasoning and analysis had application to national concealed carry licensing reciprocity.

This is a reasonable question. If states that formerly did not sanction same-sex marriage now have to recognize all marriages from states that do, shouldnt that also mean restrictive may issue concealed carry jurisdictions have to recognize concealed carry licenses from less restrictive shall-issue jurisdictions? Some commentators went even further, insisting that Obergefell has conclusively settled the national reciprocity issue in favor of gun owners.

Unfortunately, the answer is not that simple. In particular, we strongly advise concealed carry license holders not to assume Obergefell provides them with the legal basis they need to carry without an in-state license in strongly anti-gun states such as Maryland, New Jersey, or New York. Doing so at this point would still subject the traveler to arrest and criminal prosecution.

This is so for a number of reasons, chief of which is that the U.S. Supreme Court has not yet ruled squarely on the question of whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a loaded handgun in public, and if it does, whether states must recognize each others permits. The landmark cases of Heller and McDonald only concerned the question of handgun possession in the home.

Until the Supreme Court rules on the issue conclusively, certain reliably anti-gun jurisdictions can be counted on to exist in a state of denial and defiance. If states and lower courts can ignore a congressional statute like Firearm Owners Protection Act and they do they certainly can ignore arguments that the philosophical bases for interstate recognition of same-sex marriage compel interstate recognition of concealed carry permits.

But there is a lesson gun owners can draw from Obergefell. An uncontested fact mentioned in Chief Justice Robertss dissent in the case is that no society was known to have permitted same-sex marriage before 2001. Now, in 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court has found it to be a fundamental right that cannot be overturned by any state legislature or popular referendum. Whatever ones view of same-sex marriage, the incredible shift in this area shows what is possible when people dedicate themselves to a common cause.

That is the true lesson of the Obergefell decision for gun owners, who should not rest until Second Amendment rights are similarly respected in all 50 states. That is why the NRA will continue to lead the fight in the legislative, legal and political arenas to secure national right to carry reciprocity so that all Americans can defend themselves everywhere they are legally entitled to be.
It doesn't matter what the NRA agrees with, it matters what the justices of the supreme court allow.

just declare yourself persecuted already
Can I get a mod to tone down this guy's hate speech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread