Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Official Donald Trump for President thread

2 hours ago, cstu said:

Said a German in 1932.

Hitler didn't win though, right?  He lost the presidential election, then seized power on his own after Hindenburg died.  Unless you're thinking that Hilary is going to win and, nominate Trump as VP, then subsequently die to pneumonia, so that Trump can seize power that way... 

3 minutes ago, CBusAlex said:

Says the guy who's voting for someone purely "to give the middle finger to the other side".

Don't misquote me bro. I said, "give both parties the middle finger." 

U.S. intel officials probe ties between Trump adviser and Kremlin

U.S. intelligence agencies have also received reports that Page met with another top Putin aide while in Moscow — Igor Diveykin. A former Russian security official, Diveykin now serves as deputy chief for internal policy and is believed by U.S. officials to have responsibility for intelligence collected by Russian agencies about the U.S. election, the Western intelligence source said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-intel-officials-probe-ties-between-trump-adviser-and-kremlin-175046002.html

- That paragraph is the last in that story which is kind of nuts because that's just crazy horrible, it should be the lead.

3 minutes ago, ichris said:

Don't misquote me bro. I said, "give both parties the middle finger." 

Doesn't change the meaning. You've just defined "the other side" in a different way.

37 minutes ago, whoknew said:

This is unbelievable to me. I never have thought much of Ted Cruz, but good lord. The man has zero credibility after this:

Multiple sources familiar with his plans tell CNN that Ted Cruz is expected to endorse Donald Trump, as early as today #CNN

"Forget what I said, don't vote your conscience."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-intel-officials-probe-ties-between-trump-adviser-and-kremlin-175046002.html

- That paragraph is the last in that story which is kind of nuts because that's just crazy horrible, it should be the lead.

Is there a formal term for a person who doesn't think of themselves as a spy, but is so easily duped into handing over sensitive information to foreign actors they are as destructive as a spy?

45 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Trump Advisor Working with Russia?

U.S. intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman identified by Donald Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers has opened up private communications with senior Russian officials — including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue.

The activities of Trump adviser Carter Page, who has extensive business interests in Russia, have been discussed with senior members of Congress during recent briefings about suspected efforts by Moscow to influence the presidential election, the sources said. After one of those briefings, Senate minority leader Harry Reid wrote FBI Director James Comey, citing reports of meetings between a Trump adviser (a reference to Page) and “high ranking sanctioned individuals” in Moscow over the summer as evidence of “significant and disturbing ties” between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin that needed to be investigated by the bureau.

Some of those briefed were “taken aback” when they learned about Page’s contacts in Moscow, viewing them as a possible back channel to the Russians that could undercut U.S. foreign policy, said a congressional source familiar with the briefings but who asked for anonymity due to the sensitivity of the subject. The source added that U.S. officials in the briefings indicated that intelligence reports about the adviser’s talks with senior Russian officials close to President Vladimir Putin were being “actively monitored and investigated.”

A senior U.S. law enforcement official did not dispute that characterization when asked for comment by Yahoo News. “It’s on our radar screen,” said the official about Page’s contacts with Russian officials. “It’s being looked at.”

Party of Reagan, no?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

Is there a formal term for a person who doesn't think of themselves as a spy, but is so easily duped into handing over sensitive information to foreign actors they are as destructive as a spy?

Rube?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

"Useful Idiot."

This Russian stuff is just incredible.

Fox News would literally be calling for Hillary to be tried for treason, and hanged when found guilty.

Such a weird election. My brother and I were talking about this the other day; this election is making the strangest bedfellows one can imagine.

Russia and the GOP holding hands. Who woulda thunk it?

• Like 2

Here we go... Trump is an "unwitting agent".

Michael Morell, the former acting director of the CIA, made the accusation in a New York Times op-ed published on Friday. In it, Morrell accuses Donald Trump of being an “unwitting agent” of Russia. An “unwitting agent,” in spy terms, means someone who has been tricked or manipulated into serving as a foreign operative without knowing it.

3 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

Thread needs more LOLs...

Steve Peoples ‏@sppeoples
Eric Trump on Fox says his father is the epitome of the American dream -- that he started with "just about nothing"

Oh that is rich.  

ETA : But,  it's also something of a glimpse into the Trump mindset.  If $1 million from your father is nothing (to say nothing of $200 million inheritance)  then how much is the" substantial" amount of Russian money that has been invested in Trump? 

Edited by MikeIke

56 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Fox News would literally be calling for Hillary to be tried for treason, and hanged when found guilty.

Such a weird election. My brother and I were talking about this the other day; this election is making the strangest bedfellows one can imagine.

This along with his insulting of people in the military and their families is when I realized there's absolutely no limit to how far people will take their partisan bias.  Never in a million years would I have believed Republicans would abide that. 

Edited by Jeremy
  • Like 3

Just now, squistion said:

(((Dan Ewen @VaguelyFunnyDan 54m54 minutes ago

I'm a lot like Ted Cruz in that if you go after my wife you're dead to me for like 170 days, after which you'll have my undying support.

Forget his wife; think about what Trump said about his dad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

Here we go... Trump is an "unwitting agent".

Michael Morell, the former acting director of the CIA, made the accusation in a New York Times op-ed published on Friday. In it, Morrell accuses Donald Trump of being an “unwitting agent” of Russia. An “unwitting agent,” in spy terms, means someone who has been tricked or manipulated into serving as a foreign operative without knowing it.

Morell wants to kill Russians as part of our Syria policy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZK2FZGKAd0

hes a maniac...the left used to caricature guys like this....

Edited by Rove!

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

The left is going full blown tin hat  conspiracy with this Russia Manchurian candidate angle while their chosen candidate has given Putin control of 20% of our Uranium supply

3 hours ago, Samantha said:

A Trump supporter would call a lady deplorable. Anyone surprised by that? After all, they support a guy that made sexist period jokes and fat shamed Rosie.

Hey Samantha, if you could wiggle your nose and get us two completely different candidates America would appreciate it

- Durwood

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Soootch said:

Christ, this thread went back to unreadable quick.

You must still be on page 1

55 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

This along with his insulting of people in the military and their families is when I realized there's absolutely no limit to how far people will take their partisan bias.  Never in a million years would I have believed Republicans would abide that. 

He's a "law and order" candidate. And by that I mean, he could have been on an episode with Jerry Orbach and Jesse Martin. 

35 minutes ago, Rove! said:

Morell wants to kill Russians as part of our Syria policy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZK2FZGKAd0

hes a maniac...the left used to caricature guys like this....

How would you characterize Trump's relationship with Russia?  

Do you think Trump has any business ties with Russia-based entities, public or private, that would create a conflict of interest when forming foreign policy?

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Forget his wife; think about what Trump said about his dad.  

"In summation, I am thankful Donald is willing to overlook my father's role in JFK's assassination in order to accept my endorsement."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

Nate Silver joined this riff with "CapitulaTED"

keep us up to date on this .

tia

• Like 3

So Ted Cruz...Jesus ####### Christ on a whole wheat tortilla...so just in case, if for some reason in the weird part of your brain, you thought, hey, maybe Ted Cruz has a shred of integrity...oh no no my friend! Let's slam the door there, can't be having that! I mean what the ####, is this real life????

Who's that guy with the theory that all of this is a simulation? I want in. Does he have a book or a newsletter? What the ####.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Soootch said:

So Ted Cruz...Jesus ####### Christ on a whole wheat tortilla...so just in case, if for some reason in the weird part of your brain, you thought, hey, maybe Ted Cruz has a shred of integrity...oh no no my friend! Let's slam the door there, can't be having that! I mean what the ####, is this real life????

Who's that guy with the theory that all of this is a simulation? I want in. Does he have a book or a newsletter? What the ####.

I'm glad he did this - I thought I was wrong and maybe he wasn't a complete POS.  Well done, Ted!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, squistion said:

(((Dan Ewen @VaguelyFunnyDan 54m54 minutes ago

I'm a lot like Ted Cruz in that if you go after my wife you're dead to me for like 170 days, after which you'll have my undying support.

"I know what he said about you was unforgivable but imagine how much soup I can buy if reelected!"

22 minutes ago, cstu said:

I'm glad he did this - I thought I was wrong and maybe he wasn't a complete POS.  Well done, Ted!

He is maybe the weirdest public figure I can think of. So smarmy and creepy and weasely that it's difficult to comprehend how one voter could be won over. Like even worse than the crooked televangelists. Even when he would raise his voice and rebuke Trump for saying stuff about his wife and his dad, which one would assume stirred real emotions, he came off stilted and phony. In a way,  I'm more puzzled by his support than Trump's. 

But that convention speech was beyond awesome. That was his moment to flee the Trump trainwreck and join the other principled republicans who refused to betray their consciences. I can't say he won me over, but it showed a certain amount of savvy and some risk as well. I don't know, a lot of people said it was political suicide but for me it was the first glimmer of some balls and integrity I ever saw from the guy. 

For him to now support Trump, it's like okay whatever, at this point broccoli can jump out of the supermarket bin and do a little dance and it would make more sense than this election. 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Soootch said:

He is maybe the weirdest public figure I can think of. So smarmy and creepy and weasely that it's difficult to comprehend how one voter could be won over. Like even worse than the crooked televangelists. Even when he would raise his voice and rebuke Trump for saying stuff about his wife and his dad, which one would assume stirred real emotions, he came off stilted and phony. In a way,  I'm more puzzled by his support than Trump's. 

But that convention speech was beyond awesome. That was his moment to flee the Trump trainwreck and join the other principled republicans who refused to betray their consciences. I can't say he won me over, but it showed a certain amount of savvy and some risk as well. I don't know, a lot of people said it was political suicide but for me it was the first glimmer of some balls and integrity I ever saw from the guy. 

For him to now support Trump, it's like okay whatever, at this point broccoli can jump out of the supermarket bin and do a little dance and it would make more sense than this election. 

Cruz was a fascinating watch.  There were moments, like with his kids, where it seemed there was this normal human trapped inside this political robot.  His favorite movie is The Princess Bride and he's a walking Simpsons encyclopedia.  I see and read this, and I think, "I could invite him over to Game Night at my house and probably make it through the evening without punching him in the face".  And then I hear how disliked he is within the Senate and how few he can count on for favors back in Texas, remember his wife has a long history with Goldman Sachs, and my hands want to ball up into fists.  

Like you, I praised him at the convention.  Seemed like a rare honest moment in politics.  But now that today has happened, that convention speech was all a work, cold calculation based on the assumption that the election would be a Clinton landslide.  Now that we have a real race, he's apologizing to the bully for getting in the way of his punches.

So #### him.  #### him and his Eddie Munster/Kevin Malone face.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bruce Dickinson said:

Cruz was a fascinating watch.  There were moments, like with his kids, where it seemed there was this normal human trapped inside this political robot.  His favorite movie is The Princess Bride and he's a walking Simpsons encyclopedia.  I see and read this, and I think, "I could invite him over to Game Night at my house and probably make it through the evening without punching him in the face".  And then I hear how disliked he is within the Senate and how few he can count on for favors back in Texas, remember his wife has a long history with Goldman Sachs, and my hands want to ball up into fists.  

Like you, I praised him at the convention.  Seemed like a rare honest moment in politics.  But now that today has happened, that convention speech was all a work, cold calculation based on the assumption that the election would be a Clinton landslide.  Now that we have a real race, he's apologizing to the bully for getting in the way of his punches.

So #### him.  #### him and his Eddie Munster/Kevin Malone face.

I guess I could buy into this narrative if it seemed that much more likely Trump has a chance now compared to July. And also, the risk of things changing is baked into his decision to make that speech in the first place, so he would presumably be prepared for the downside. So whether he's panicking despite the swing state landscape being pretty much unchanged, or he's hedging on what seemed like a principled, ballsy decision, now he just looks like an idiot in addition to being a creepy, weird, soulless POS politician. However you slice it, we as Americans should reject people like this representing us. 

Rubio is about one notch below Trump and Cruz in this discussion too btw. I can forgive him a little more because he doesn't even have the grey matter to be sinister. He's a guy with a haircut who learned how to run for office. 

Come to think of it, on the GOP side, the earnest desire to govern responsibly and help people was the complete inverse of the poll numbers. The more experience and conscience you had, the fewer votes you got.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Soootch said:

Come to think of it, on the GOP side, the earnest desire to govern responsibly and help people was the complete inverse of the poll numbers. The more experience and conscience you had, the fewer votes you got.

You sound like a JEB guy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Soootch said:

If the GOP and the press had done their jobs this election season... how far ahead in the polls would Kasich or Jeb be right now?  Imagine this race with a devout Christian Republican governor from a swing state who has told the evangelical wing to "get over it and move on" with the gay marriage issue, and has demonstrated he's willing to listen to ideas about decriminalizing marijuana?  How many votes would a candidate like that steal from the center?