What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what makes people think Trump isn't fit to be President?
Hardly, but this might be enough to wake up a few folks who

1. Haven't been terribly informed to this point

2. Have refused to believe most of the reports of Trump racism and misogyny as leftist liberal lies

or 3. Folks voting Republican out of party loyalty but have honest and strong feelings regarding family values that they've already struggled to repress.

For most folks, this won't make much difference, but it could sway a hug chunk of the previously undecideds, and it might sway a point or two of the previously decided AWAY from Trump.

Both Bill and Trump have sexual assault allegations against them.  Trump's is different in one sense because he's the only one of the two that essentially admitted and bragged about committing those offenses.  Crudely, no less.

The other major difference is that people had already voted when Bill's allegations went mainstream.  There is a difference between trying to impeach someone not legally convicted of a crime and deciding morally that person shouldn't get your vote.  Had Bill's allegations come out prior to the election he certainly would have lost votes over it, even without bragging about it being true.  There simply wasn't anything that a regular joe could do about it with Bill.  There is with Trump.

One other issue is that hypocrisy is only being charged one way here but it's being committed both ways and arguably to a greater extent the other way.  That is, the people that once said merely having an affair (before sexual assault allegations actually came out) was an impeachable offense are now defending and voting for someone that has had numerous affairs, has sexual allegations against him, and has vulgarly bragged about committing those offenses.
Well said.

Imagine the outrage from the evangelical wing of the Republican Party if we knew Bill Clinton had five children with three different women and ran for President.  They tried to disqualify him for smoking pot in college; I don't think being on his third marriage would have slipped by as a non-issue.

I don't even want to think about the names Barack Obama would have been called if he had Trump's sexual history and attitude.

The worst thing about this whole campaign is that it's escalating the erosion of the lack of trust in the institution of government. It's as if Coke and Pepsi ran campaigns nonstop about how the other eroded people's teeth and caused cancer. One of them might haver higher market share, but nobody would buy soda. This is slightly more important.

When you back a wild animal into a corner the thing will fight until the death. This is gonna get ugly.  He's going to say some even crazier ####. Stay indoors on election night because outside there's going to be violence.

Does anyone have any of those psych profiles of Donald handy? Is 'manic' one of the suggested symptoms? The sort of thing with periods of high highs and low lows?

Because I have a feeling Big Don is about to go on a 24 hour manic tear.

bostonfred said:
Nature's first #### is gold

Her hardest part to hold

Her lower lips a flower

But only so an hour

As hips give way to birth

Her moon drops down to earth

And pubes begin to gray

Nothing gold can stay
Gratuitous bump

The worst thing about this whole campaign is that it's escalating the erosion of the lack of trust in the institution of government. It's as if Coke and Pepsi ran campaigns nonstop about how the other eroded people's teeth and caused cancer. One of them might haver higher market share, but nobody would buy soda. This is slightly more important.
True, but, campaigns aside, it's a well earned lack of trust...

True, but, campaigns aside, it's a well earned lack of trust...
I kinda disagree. Our institutions of governments have their flaws for sure, but they're better than the competition. Not saying it's perfect, but we should be talking about how to make things better, not doing whatever it is we're doing. For example, the economy appears to suck right now, but i's pretty much the envy of the world when compared to everything else.

Is there any way the party can force him out at this point?  I'll take ANY other option.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty good take. 

Is there any way the party can force him out at this point?  I'll take ANY other option.
Absentee and overseas military ballots are already out, early by-mail voting already open, tens of thousands have already cast their votes.  

Trump can still withdraw from the race, but his party can't remove him against his will.

When you back a wild animal into a corner the thing will fight until the death. This is gonna get ugly.  He's going to say some even crazier ####. Stay indoors on election night because outside there's going to be violence.
I'm thinking the opposite. This thing could go so far in one direction it could set records for percentage of people who decide to skip voting altogether and just stay home.

I'm thinking the opposite. This thing could go so far in one direction it could set records for percentage of people who decide to skip voting altogether and just stay home.
I'm not voting for Nixon, and not voting for Gropey McGovern. 

No way are people going to be on the streets, and the violence will come from the left, if you want a prediction.  

Harambe was polling very favorably here at one time.

Clearly the sedation wore off, Trump escaped from his straight jacket and shot the lock off his Twitter account. Handlers are tracking him floor to floor in Trump Tower. Maybe this will end like King Kong, swatting at planes. OR, tomorrow night he will hug Clinton, and announce this was just an elaborate publicity stunt for the new season of The Apprentice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Trump’s Friday fiasco had never happened, he’d still be in deep trouble -- and his campaign remains in a state of disarray. In interviews conducted over last week, campaign aides complained about improvisational decision-making, and a lack of communication that often leads to mixed signals and confusion. With so few people on staff – Trump’s skeleton operation is a fraction the size of Clinton’s massive Brooklyn operation – senior advisers are often scattered around the country on various assignments, making it hard to implement consistent messaging, a coherent communications strategy and a debate prep system that will protect the vulnerable candidate.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-campaign-turmoil-229392

Harambe was polling very favorably here at one time.

Clearly the sedation wore off, Trump escaped from his straight jacket and shot the lock off his Twitter account. Handlers are tracking him floor to floor in Trump Tower. Maybe this will end like King Kong, swatting at planes. OR, tomorrow night he will hug Clinton, and announce this was just an elaborate publicity stunt for the new season of The Apprentice?
Pretty much perfect.

It's too late to replace him on the ballot. If Trump were to drop out right now, the GOP just wouldn't run a candidate in this election.

5 of the 54 Republican senators have called for Trump to drop out regardless.

Aimee Winder Newton, a 42-year-old mother of four who lives in Utah, was sitting at her kitchen table when a friend, a Democrat, sent a link to the video.

“Your guy,” was all the message said, punctuated by a red-faced emoji.

“My guy?” Newton thought to herself, although it was true — after much consternation and perhaps a bit of self-delusion, Donald Trump had become her choice for president.

But as she listened to Trump describe how he could do what he wanted to women just because he was a “star,” Newton decided that she had had enough.

“I thought maybe this abrasiveness was just a show,” she said. “But in the weeks since his convention, it’s become evident that this is the man he is. You feel like the rumors are true and that . . .­ ”

Newton interrupted herself.

“I’m done. This is the nail in the coffin,” she said. “I’m done. I cannot look my children in the eye and tell them I voted for this man.”

It's too late to replace him on the ballot. If Trump were to drop out right now, the GOP just wouldn't run a candidate in this election.

5 of the 54 Republican senators have called for Trump to drop out regardless.
I thought if Trump drops out, Pence would slide over as pres candidate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread