What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

...Leslie Moonves can appreciate a Donald Trump candidacy.

Not that the CBS executive chairman and CEO might vote for the Republican presidential frontrunner, but he likes the ad money Trump and his competitors are bringing to the network.

"It may not be good for America, but it's damn good for CBS," he said of the presidential race.

Moonves called the campaign for president a "circus" full of "bomb throwing," and he hopes it continues.

"Most of the ads are not about issues. They're sort of like the debates," he said.

"Man, who would have expected the ride we're all having right now? ... The money's rolling in and this is fun," he said.

"I've never seen anything like this, and this going to be a very good year for us. Sorry. It's a terrible thing to say. But, bring it on, Donald. Keep going," said Moonves.

"Donald's place in this election is a good thing," he said Monday at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference in San Francisco.

"There's a lot of money in the marketplace," the exec said of political advertising so far this presidential season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leslie-moonves-donald-trump-may-871464

-- CEO of CBS, late July.

Last edited by a moderator:
there once was a man from Queens
who wasn't as rich as he seems
he grabs the #####
whether shaved or bushy
his fans have identical genes

Never understood how/why Tim takes so much crap, other than being so ridiculously prolific in here.

I think he's lied about having a job and instead has severe social anxiety issues and a massive trust fund ;)
It's the internet. I don't take the insults too seriously. I used to, not as much anymore. 

I wish I had a trust fund...

It's all good, angry guy. It's a Sunday.  Have a little fun if you're capable. Always so bitter and angry.
:lmao: I never actually thought about it before but this is so true.  Only negative stuff about any subject (usually SEC football or democrats).  Never anything positive.  Even in the CFB thread whenever there is a great play or something he's never anywhere to be found, but as soon as someone does something bad he's right there to bag on the guy/team.

Trump campaign is now urging all out attack on Republicans who are abandoning him. We're going to see down-ballot bloodbaths now -- Trumpkins not voting for Republicans on the rest of the ballot, and others not voting for Trump at the top. This is going to hurt the party for a generation.

Trump campaign is now urging all out attack on Republicans who are abandoning him. We're going to see down-ballot bloodbaths now -- Trumpkins not voting for Republicans on the rest of the ballot, and others not voting for Trump at the top. This is going to hurt the party for a generation.
Ah, that's too bad.

Looking forward to them gerrymandering Trumpallos into little angry pockets of inbreds.  

:lmao: I never actually thought about it before but this is so true.  Only negative stuff about any subject (usually SEC football or democrats).  Never anything positive.  Even in the CFB thread whenever there is a great play or something he's never anywhere to be found, but as soon as someone does something bad he's right there to bag on the guy/team.
He's the male version of Debbie Downer.  

Hasn't Trump's goal been to take the party down the whole time? Might as well get on with it. However personally I think his threats have always been empty. Smart side of history right now is to say you were against him as of Election Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked the odds....Mike Pence and Paul Ryan have hit the board for the first time.  And both are more favored than Gary Johnson. :lmao:

Trump isn't going to last the day.  He's done.  I'd like to say it's been fun, but he has brought out the worst in a lot of us, including most of all me.  Good riddance.

Hickory dickory dock

Trump's burned by locker room talk

Instead of hands debate

Wouldn't it be great

If Hillary shook Donald Trump's ####?

Well, Trump is about to spend time in court for allegedly raping a 13yo so I guess you're right.
Well we know that Bill Clinton took a lot of flights to kiddie sex slave island, but the Feds will look the other way and say it's just Bill being Bill....

And they shouldnt, he is a moron and doesnt know who are world leaders or Aleppo. Great candidate you have.
Sure, he flubbed those bad.  And is still a better candidate (and more knowledgeable ) than Trump and more trustworthy than Clinton.

My biggest decision today is do I watch Odell blow up, or the Donald.

Lets be honest to ourselves, Trump may not make it through this debate without some physical violence towards a woman tonight to lock up his base..
DVRing the debate so i see both.

Hickory dickory dooter

Trump tried touching Hillary's cooter

With nary a pausy

She went all Benghazi

And wiped him out like her computer

:lmao:

Arguably it's all been a tv show.
It really does.  When the whole election process the started I picture media meetings like this:

"We're screwed everyone!  Republicans have 20 lousy candidates nobody likes and Hillary is going to run away with it and crush our ratings. Any ideas?"

"Well, we could choose one of them to promote and pretend every day that he's not a horrible candidate.  Give him billions of dollars worth of free advertising so that people get brainwashed into supporting him."

"Who do you suggest?"

"Donald Trump is already well-known and has experience as a reality TV star.  He's a narcissist so as long as we give him attention he'll say bombastic things everyday that we can report and boost our ratings."

"Won't people see through what we're doing?"

" :lmao: "

It really does.  When the whole election process the started I picture media meetings like this:

"We're screwed everyone!  Republicans have 20 lousy candidates nobody likes and Hillary is going to run away with it and crush our ratings. Any ideas?"

"Well, we could choose one of them to promote and pretend every day that he's not a horrible candidate.  Give him billions of dollars worth of free advertising so that people get brainwashed into supporting him."

"Who do you suggest?"

"Donald Trump is already well-known and has experience as a reality TV star.  He's a narcissist so as long as we give him attention he'll say bombastic things everyday that we can report and boost our ratings."

"Won't people see through what we're doing?"

" :lmao: "
:shrug:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, already under siege for vulgar comments about forcing women into sex, also had crude, sexually explicit conversations in a series of radio interviews over the past 23 years, even noting how “voluptuous” his daughter was.

On a new batch of recordings from Howard Stern’s radio shows aired Saturday by CNN, Trump said that he would “have no problem” having sex with 24-year-olds, that he “couldn’t care less” if he satisfies the women he sleeps with, that “it’s checkout time” once women reach the age of 35 and that he had engaged in three-way sex.

“Haven’t we all?” Trump told Stern on his SiriusXM satellite radio show in 2008. “Are we babies?”

Trump also described barging in on nude Miss Universe beauty pageant contestants in their dressing room, characterizing his visits as inspections by the contest’s owner.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/more-trump-tapes-surface-with-crude-sex-remarks/2016/10/08/7129cea2-8d92-11e6-bff0-d53f592f176e_story.html

The hits keep coming.  

Did you quote the wrong guy?  Maybe you didn't; maybe you were in defense mode.  I disagreed with a point you made which disagreed with someone else.  That doesn't necessarily mean I agree with everything the previous guy said.  Yeah, I think a President's respect of reality is very important.  We can disagree on that.  You getting uppity about it and stating that I'm part of the problem regarding that makes me sad.  I suppose it's because I expect everyone to understand what is real and what isn't.  Maybe you can help me understand how me stating Pence is divorced from science and me pointing out how you want to pretend the earth is 6,000 years old is somehow a moral view would suggest this type of response.  But if you think the earth is 6,000 years old, then don't bother.
Look, neither of us might agree on a young Earth, but be careful about dismissing Christians who believe this out of hand. It is certainly possible to believe God created a mature Earth, and still have a strong belief in science. Not every person who believes God created Earth 6000 or so years ago denies climate change, or smoking v. cancer, or the logic and necessity of vaccinations. Some Christians who believe in a young Earth also accept evolutionary processes are real, even if they don't believe humans evolved from apes.

Attacking the reasonability of Christians and immediately rejecting every person who believes in a young Earth as crazy is neither fair nor productive. Many Christian perspectives and opinions are absolutely valid and reasonable even if we disagree with them

Why? Any semblance of or responsibility for impartiality went out the window long ago.
Because NBC itself is reflected by this. They knew this about Trump but they made him a star and put him on SNL. Plus Bush is on Today.
Are you arguing that NBC had a moral obligation to air the tape before Trump won the nomination? Or are you arguing that NBC deliberately hid the tape in order to build up Trump in the name of ratings?

Because I would strongly disagree with the former, and mildly disagree with the latter. I think that if the people in charge of NBC News really knew about this tape months ago, they would have aired it simply because it would have given them a massive scoop and a huge ratings boost. (Also, I don't think the tape would have done as much damage during the primaries because Trump still would have rolled to victory.)

And why was it necessary for someone inside NBC to leak the story if NBC was going to run with it?

It sounds to me like someone at NBC leaked the tape to the WaPo, either because A) they were mad that Access Hollywood scooped the news division, or B) they were afraid Access Hollywood was going to water-down Trump's quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread