What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's astounding.  

Relatedly, I told Mr krista I'd marry her, and he told me there were laws against that, and I started to remind him gay marriage was now legal but he stopped to remind me that it wasn't that, it was that I was married to him, which I'd completely forgotten for just a few minutes there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's astounding.  

Relatedly, I told Mr krista I'd marry her, and he told me there were laws against that, and I started to remind him gay marriage him was now legal but he stopped to remind me that it wasn't that, it was that I was married to him, which I'd completely forgotten for just a few minutes there.
I'd leave my wife and kids for her.   :wub:  (not really)

It's astounding.  

Relatedly, I told Mr krista I'd marry her, and he told me there were laws against that, and I started to remind him gay marriage him was now legal but he stopped to remind me that it wasn't that, it was that I was married to him, which I'd completely forgotten for just a few minutes there.
She did a tremendous job. Good for her, and good for all of us. Hopefully it resonates.

krista4 said:
It's astounding.  

Is this, like, horotorical?

I just don't get some people. Someone shares something personal. Something they probably haven't shared with many other people. It's obviously heartfelt and real. And it allows you to see something through their eyes you wouldn't otherwise have a perspective on. And you attack it. You belittle it. You try to make it seem somehow contrived with a hidden agenda. Why? What does it do for you? What hole in your soul does that attack fill? It's kind of sad really.

I am glad people share here and I hope they continue to do so.

I just don't get some people. Someone shares something personal. Something they probably haven't shared with many other people. It's obviously heartfelt and real. And it allows you to see something through their eyes you wouldn't otherwise have a perspective on. And you attack it. You belittle it. You try to make it seem somehow contrived with a hidden agenda. Why? What does it do for you? What hole in your soul does that attack fill? It's kind of sad really.

Unfortunately this election has brought some real ugliness out into the light.

squistion said:
The polling numbers that are from online polls and people can vote 20 times. Those are the polls that tonydead refers to that Trump won not the clear majority of the scientific polls following the debate.
Don't speak for me knucklehead you don't know wtf you're taking about, ever 

NCCommish said:
What polling numbers? Hillary's lead has increased. And Trump just dropped out of Virginia. Pulled all funding and fired the staff. He didn't win.
538 numbers clicked towards trump there for a minute. Real clear politics was going to tomorrow, at least it was unil the fox poll came out. If Hillary won both the debate and ##### leak how the hell isnt she leading by double digits everywhere?  Rasmussen swang 9 points, I know ha ha, towards trump since the debate. He's up again in Ohio. 

Soootch said:
Something I've been thinking about lately -- I don't think I could ever comprehend the racial bias that black people experience, or the sexism/sexual harassment that women go through on a regular basis. I can understand it on an intellectual level, and it may anger or frustrate me that we're still dealing with these issues in 2016, but I don't know if I can fully feel those experiences without living them. But I still think it's useful to try, and your post definitely got the wheels turning. I think too often we dismiss or minimize others' experiences without ever bothering to contemplate how those experiences would feel on a pure gut level.

I don't know how I would cope with the things you described. I think the negative emotions would be intense, especially anger. I would really want to settle the score. Over time I could see how it could lead to depression, drinking too much after work, etc. I can also completely understand the feeling of powerlessness, and just feeling resigned to my fate to keep putting up with it, or fear losing my job. Then you get into the shame and self-blaming, and again, I can't even imagine. Ultimately it just really pisses me off the more I think about it. People that victimize others just because they can get away with it are scum. Not that we didn't know that about Trump already, but it adds another dimension. Thanks for sharing.
Great posting - thanks for it.  Such a good point about relating this to racial bias as well.  I've thought about the racial comparison you brought up and have a hard time feeling like I can get my head around it.  A male/female situation had different elements at play, and not to make any excuse but you can see some reasons that a man might be confused about roles or signals and make a wrong move - not talking about true predators here but people who've just never thought critically about how dynamics differ from situation to situation and which behaviors are appropriate to each.

But racism?  What the hell is confusing about that?  What kind of semi-honest mistake could you make in which you treat someone inappropriately based on their race?  So like you I think I'd be more angry in that situation but initially just astounded - "Wait, what?"  I think it would be harder to self-blame in that situation for this reason, too - though obviously that would still happen because we're humans.

538 numbers clicked towards trump there for a minute. Real clear politics was going to tomorrow, at least it was unil the fox poll came out. If Hillary won both the debate and ##### leak how the hell isnt she leading by double digits everywhere?  Rasmussen swang 9 points, I know ha ha, towards trump since the debate. He's up again in Ohio. 
Actually Ohio is within the margin of error. I expect that is a place Trump does well because of their hate for free trade. But everything tells me he lost women. Polls are starting to show Republican women saying no way to Trump. He is done in Penn. He has dropped out of Virginia. He isn't even trying in Colorado. He damn well better win Ohio and right now that isn't close to certain. Trump is all but done. I am guessing after his anti-Semitic Mussolini-ish speech from today really registers he will be even more done. Breitbart dude is leading him down the primrose path.

Actually Ohio is within the margin of error. I expect that is a place Trump does well because of their hate for free trade. But everything tells me he lost women. Polls are starting to show Republican women saying no way to Trump. He is done in Penn. He has dropped out of Virginia. He isn't even trying in Colorado. He damn well better win Ohio and right now that isn't close to certain. Trump is all but done. I am guessing after his anti-Semitic Mussolini-ish speech from today really registers he will be even more done. Breitbart dude is leading him down the primrose path.
Wait, I missed this. Do we have video?

Maybe because it seemed cynical and contrived. The timing is off. The tone is off. The lecturing part of it is condescending. Didn't like it. You're free to love it. I'm free to dislike it.  

eta* I haven't seen anything from this person that wasn't breathless, contrived, and annoying to me. It's fine if I'm in the minority. 

The usual suspects have circled the wagon of breathlessness in support of the obvious. 

Is it God? Or what is it? I love it.  

Maybe because it seemed cynical and contrived. The timing is off. The tone is off. The lecturing part of it is condescending. Didn't like it. You're free to love it. I'm free to dislike it.  

eta* I haven't seen anything from this person that wasn't breathless, contrived, and annoying to me. It's fine if I'm in the minority. 
Yeah I didn't get any of that, actually never have. K4 has been here for quite a while. I have always found her to be thoughtful, insightful and well spoken. I enjoy her work quite a bit.

Oliver Humanzee said:
What's the shark mive?
Easy, chooch.  I'm a wiseass, not a pedant.  I'm also quite stupid sometimes.

I'm don't often sail in these waters and am ignorant of your local customs.  Krista explained to me that "mive" means "move".

And I still didn't get it.  I thought "make the shark move" was an expression like "catch a tiger by the tail".  I was wondering what the hell "the shark" was and what it might mean to make it move.  

I will take that any day over pompous and pretentious.

And...I'm done. I thought K4's post was cynical, opportunistic, overwrought, overdone, misplaced, ill-timed, yet perfectly placed. Sounds like a Title IX complaint. Maybe she should have made one at Wellesley. As for me, I'm done with GMTAN East. 

I don't support Trump, and never have. 

I don't support the idiots circling the breathless and shocked (shocked!) wagons against him, especially when they could have done so with the Clintons since 1992. 

Like I said, 1992 wants its arguments back. You can go hand it to them, K4. Go ahead. Maybe Clarence Thomas and Sonic Youth shake hands and come to an agreement or something.

Peace and out, 

RA

Easy, chooch.  I'm a wiseass, not a pedant.  I'm also quite stupid sometimes.

I'm don't often sail in these waters and am ignorant of your local customs.  Krista explained to me that "mive" means "move".

And I still didn't get it.  I thought "make the shark move" was an expression like "catch a tiger by the tail".  I was wondering what the hell "the shark" was and what it might mean to make it move.  
It's a fantasy football thing that founder JB made famous. Sharks make the right moves in the draft, picking up guys, etc. It's filtered its way into the entire community.

Reasonable? Yes, but it is also a rather pompous and pretentious vocabulary IMHO.

You tend to talk down to people and your choice of words seems to reflect that.
People on this board are way smarter than I about many things. I can't stress that enough. I just try to keep up. If I can write a bit, then so be it. I'm never saying somebody is "dumb" or "moronic" unless they're a complete troll. 

And I change my mind from arguments here all the time. I found this excursion in poor taste, and like I said, many people will disagree with me. That's fine. The poster has often called me dumb or made fun of me. I see no problem looking at this and calling it how I see it. 

And that really is the last of it. 

Peace.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread