Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Official Donald Trump for President thread

Seth Meyers Post-Debate 10/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UkAjnx7x1g

10/11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxDfIOTyi0

Ken Bone on Jimmy Kimmel 10/10 (you're welcome - seems like a genuinely intelligent, thoughtful, funny guy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqchRR1tZvc

Colbert Responds To The Second Presidential Debate, From Home 10/10          

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzeJuZvBfs0

John Oliver on Republican reactions to Trump's lewd comments (NSFW language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNBJFLU7Oc

* If Trump can threaten to jail Clinton, is turnabout fair play? What makes the talk about a rigged election especially ridiculous is that if/WHEN Trump loses, doesn't concede and the very institutions of Democracy are called into question, undermined and imperiled, the ACTUAL causes of his losing and disappointment from his base will be 99.999% due to his general incompetence and the facts that he A) alienated massive components of the electorate (minorities, women, college educated, gays, etc.), B) created false expectations based on lies (the Trump site says we won every poll, Google is suppressing positive Trump news, etc., etc., etc.), C) he inexplicably refused to organize a professional ground game and get out to vote operation and is seemingly under the impression he can tweet his way to the White House, D) dunder-headedly spending ad money in non-battleground states he has zero change of winning and E) a monstrous, insatiable maw of an ego so massive that he would rather fabricate a lie about the reasons he lost rather than admit he is what he most dreads - a loser.

Clearly he thinks he is bigger than the Republican Party and will not hesitate to burn it to the ground out of spite, juvenile, petty vindictiveness and sheer cussedness if he thinks he has been slighted. Can there be any doubt that he is convinced he is the most important man in America, and in the death throes of his sociopathic narcissistic megalomania, if the ardent admirer of strong men dictators like Putin thinks that democratic institutions stand between him and his goal, he won't hesitate to throw them under the bus as well, even if it increases the likelihood of polling violence and throwing post-election succession mechanisms into chaos. 

Maybe when the time comes and if deemed appropriate, Clinton should appoint a special prosecutor to see if any of the above falls into the category of sedition, and actionable grounds for prison. And if links are found with Russia, possibly treason.             

Sedition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition

Treason

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

Republicans tell Trump to quit claiming rigged election

The struggling GOP nominee is urging supporters to fight the system, and officials nationwide are fuming over it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/republicans-rigged-election-claim-donald-trump-229630

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dutch said:

I think it's possible that some of these allegations are exaggerated or untrue.

But all is fair in love and war and politics, right Donald?

Right, Donald?

Shocking moment of election number 576.

Republicans believe the Clinton accusers and think the Trump accusers are lying.

Democrsts think the Clinton accusers are lying and believe the Trump accusers.

• Like 1

He's an even slimier and disgusting person than I thought which I didn't think was possible.

Congrats, Donald!

God what a turd.

4 minutes ago, shader said:

Republicans believe the Clinton accusers and think the Trump accusers are lying.

Difference? Trump is on tape bragging about groping women

1 minute ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

That and the Clinton being accused isn't the one running for president.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

He's disgusting.  I seem to recall some disgusting episodes in Bills past too...

Ive always been of the mindset that if 3-4 people start accusing someone, they are guilty. 

cosby, Clinton, Trump...

2 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

That and the Clinton being accused isn't the one running for president.

She's been accused of covering up the abuse and mistreating the victims.  Pretty serious allegations if true.

2 minutes ago, shader said:

She's been accused of covering up the abuse and mistreating the victims.  Pretty serious allegations if true.

That was never going to work. This country loves Stand by your Man. And attacking her over Bill has always raised her numbers. So those allegations are old and the press is bored with them. Plus they are more than a little in the tank for Hillary. Especially CNN. But there is new news. And it's all bad and it's all about Trump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

:yes:

Keith Olbermann @KeithOlbermann 1m1 minute ago

I'd like to congratulate @realDonaldTrump on hitting the two hour mark since the last accusation of sexual assault and/or groping #Pivot

I like Olbermann's new gig with GQ on Youtube. Dude can rant.

Edited by NCCommish
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, shader said:

He already has the Clinton haters. He needs new people in his corner and won't get them.

Apparently the Trump strategy is going to be to go scorched earth on the accusers and blame the media. Such a winner this guy is.

1 minute ago, bananafish said:

Apparently the Trump strategy is going to be to go scorched earth on the accusers and blame the media. Such a winner this guy is.

Repenting and finding Jesus isn't in his nature.

3 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Bullies never stop and reflect on their missteps.

On 10/7/2016 at 5:48 PM, The General said:

Yeah sure :lol:

On 10/7/2016 at 5:58 PM, Insomniac said:

None of the other stupid things he's said have destroyed him, why would this? There can't be that many undecided voters out there.

On 10/7/2016 at 6:02 PM, randall146 said:

Death knell #437

All of you. Eat crow.

But the Cosby situation is the official death knell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Plus on a "lesser" scale (words only), the partner at my firm who, when I stood up after a meeting with him, asked me if I'd left a wet spot on the chair.  

The 65-year-old married CEO of a client, whose IPO I had just completed and, after our closing dinner in NY, called me in the middle of the night in my hotel room to invite me over for some bellinis in his room (what an odd drink choice, by the way).   

The CFO of a different company with whom I had to share an office for a period of months because we were working so closely on his company's IPO, and he simply moved into my office and we worked pretty well together for a while though I had some hesitation - just little things like touching me too much or too intimately, which now I realize no touching should be been OK, or making some weird statements that I just laughed off because what else was I going to do - I was a professional and we needed to get the IPO done and I was the person who could best do it and that was my job, you know - and I continued to ignore until one day I accidentally said exclaimed the word "####!" (f word) because of some obstacle we'd come to unexpectedly, and then immediately apologized to the CFO, because I'm a professional and that's not professional and this is an important client, and he said, in a soothing voice, something along the lines of "Don't worry.  It's not a bad word.  You know that can really be a beautiful word." and then proceeded to start telling me in detail about how and why it was beautiful and that was it.  Cut him off - politely, gently, laughing it off as if I just thought it was a joke so that I could give him an out because I was a professional and this was an important client - and shortly after I made an excuse to leave my office and went to the senior partner's office and asked, without telling him what had happened - because I'm a professional - but just vaguely mentioning that CFO were having some trouble working together due to the proximity and that we might have a more productive relationship and get the IPO done better if we had some more space, and the partner told me that it would be great if I could just hang in there instead because we were only a few months from launching the IPO and surely I could just deal with it until then.

And I did.  You know why.

I've never considered myself a "victim" of anything - which would likely be much to the consternation of many feminists, with whom I might be very aligned on most things but not on this.  Nothing I just typed felt cathartic or "necessary"; I'm not traumatized nor am I "triggered" by any of these stories coming out.  Never felt angry at any of these guys - including the partner who blew me off, because I blamed myself for not being assertive enough - or the "wet spot" guy, who is actually a Facebook friend of mine though as you might imagine not quite a friend, and maybe I should let him know that's not OK but I likely never will - and I never asked for or needed an apology but only wanted to figure out how to make it stop without making waves, because I'm a professional and...you get it.  Not for a second considered any "big" action, though I shared some of these experiences - and others - with friends whom I could trust, oddly enough all of them being guy friends.  

None of it makes me special or unusual or having particularly bad luck or anything.  Believe me that I'm not enticing to men in any special way such that they just can't help themselves.  I've just assumed all women experienced this (an assumption that is sadly seeming more and more true) and it was just some of the price we pay.  After all, assuming I could get over the belief that it was my fault, I had to believe that if it was happening so much to me - relatively successful, perceived correctly or incorrectly as very strong, in a position to mess with careers of some fairly "important" people - I am alarmed to think how much it happens to those who are not in positions of any power, who are more vulnerable.

In other words, if you think I'm posting something highly personal, my point in this regard is that it's not personal to me.  Not at all.  

Again, I can't claim this particular woman's story is true.  I don't think whether it is true is what's important, in the big scheme of things setting Presidential elections aside.  What seems important to me is that we understand these things do happen, and the reasons why, and don't immediately start telling ourselves why they couldn't possibly have happened though it would be comforting to believe it, and we try to find common ground as to how to address it, outside the current politically charged atmosphere. Doesn't matter if you're D or R or liberal or conservative or even if you're a parent - I'm not - but this just seems so vitally important to me.   And so I'm just hoping when you re-read this story (if you do) and later when you talk with your daughters about it - and I'm sure you're a good dad who will be doing that - you won't focus on its truth or falsity but will keep as much of the rest of this is mind as you can in framing your teaching to your children.  Or if you can't maybe someone else can.

Believe it or not, I haven't even had a single glass of wine tonight, so I can't blame drunkenness for posting this. :)  Thanks for indulging me.

Bellinis are weird.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:
8 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Repenting and finding Jesus isn't in his nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3l0e6nS9oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xJUo_FHLc

And Christians all over the country are lining up to vote for this guy.

21 minutes ago, Sconch said:

Bellinis are weird.

Right?  Should have known right then...well, that and the whole creepy middle-of-the-night call.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Right?  Should have known right then...well, that and the whole creepy middle-of-the-night call.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that he told me what he was wearing.  Not-much-of-a-plot-twist:  he wasn't.

You probably dressed inappropriately which made him want it.  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, NCCommish said:

Sucks what women so often have to go through just to do their job.

Yeah, price of doing business for now.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

You probably dressed inappropriately which made him want it.  

:lmao:

You guys never let me down, GB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Yeah, price of doing business for now.

One of the better posts I've read on here. The long one I mean. Thank you Krista.

I have no doubt that this kind of behavior happens all over the country at probably most, if not all, companies. I've seen it at mine. Not groping or kissing, but just off-key sexual remarks that were brushed off. And these were in front of an audience. I'm sure much worse goes on behind closed doors.

If there's one good thing that comes out of this thus-far deplorable election cycle maybe it's that we all become a little more aware of this kind of thing and do what we can to ensure it's made clear that it is unacceptable. I myself feel more than a tinge of guilt that I've never said anything--a lot of these kind of folks are bosses after all--but I sure will going forward.

I'm reminded of a post (by I think MacArtist) that made me rethink my up until then "shrug" attitude regarding gay marriage and gay rights. Just opened my eyes to something I didn't think merited much thought prior to that post.

Something good has to come out of this whole mess, right?

• Like 6

WTF isn't good about this whole mess?    I mean, a total ####### is getting his comeuppance, a dysfunctional political party is collapsing, the mouth-breathers and toadies are humiliating themselves as they attempt to defend the #######, I mean, it's like puppies and kittens cuddling together under a rainbow.

Granted, there is the whole "President Hillary Clinton" thing, but that's why I voted for Sanders in the primary.

One of the better posts I've read on here. The long one I mean. Thank you Krista.

I have no doubt that this kind of behavior happens all over the country at probably most, if not all, companies. I've seen it at mine. Not groping or kissing, but just off-key sexual remarks that were brushed off. And these were in front of an audience. I'm sure much worse goes on behind closed doors.

If there's one good thing that comes out of this thus-far deplorable election cycle maybe it's that we all become a little more aware of this kind of thing and do what we can to ensure it's made clear that it is unacceptable. I myself feel more than a tinge of guilt that I've never said anything--a lot of these kind of folks are bosses after all--but I sure will going forward.

I'm reminded of a post (by I think MacArtist) that made me rethink my up until then "shrug" attitude regarding gay marriage and gay rights. Just opened my eyes to something I didn't think merited much thought prior to that post.

I hope your optimism turns out to be warranted.

You made a point that my long post left out - believe it or not, much was left out - which is the effect it can have when done in front of others.  The only person I ever confronted about this behavior was the CFO, same Fortune 50 company previously alluded to.  He just went through this crescendo of increasingly inappropriate behavior toward me, but again never something awful, but what was worst about his was he'd do it in front of other people.  He'd touch me and make comments that I swear almost made me think we were having an affair but I'd somehow forgotten, all in front of Board members, the CEO and others on down.  And that's why I had to be more aggressive in stopping it, because it not only evidenced he wasn't taking me seriously, but I feared it would cause others to have the same reaction.

And what's weird to me about this one is I really liked the guy, enjoyed working with him, and we had a great working relationship, except for this...I know that sounds ludicrous.  Same with the GC I mentioned.

I reached my breaking point when we were in a big meeting - not a board meeting but the CEO and other executives, about 15 people.  I was wearing a dress and boots.  Although I shouldn't have to, I feel compelled to say not sexy boots (unless you think all boots are sexy), not stilettos, just more like riding boots that came to just below the knee.  I was already seated when he came in, and he plopped down next to me, of course, despite an empty chair next to the CEO which is where by unwritten understanding he should have sat, and I noticed that the other people noticed and then he looked me up and down, grabbed my knee, and said in a too-loud whisper, "Nice boots.  If you know what I mean."  It was clear everyone had heard, and I wanted to disappear - or maybe just quietly quit my job because how would any of these people ever take me seriously now.  It wasn't the worst thing he'd done, but the setting... 

I had to confront it then, or literally just get another job.  Showed up at his office and asked if we could talk, and when I closed the door I got about half a sentence out before he stopped me and said, "I know.  I get it."  It was clear to me that he did, he actually did, and though he didn't exactly apologize I'd like to believe regretted it all, and for the life of me I was never able to see him as a bad person.  He never did anything inappropriate again, and so maybe in the solutions for this we can acknowledge the fact that there are ways, in some but not all situations with some but not all people, to address it directly, and how to do that, and what to do if you can't or if you can but it doesn't work. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

WTF isn't good about this whole mess?    I mean, a total ####### is getting his comeuppance, a dysfunctional political party is collapsing, the mouth-breathers and toadies are humiliating themselves as they attempt to defend the #######, I mean, it's like puppies and kittens cuddling together under a rainbow.

Granted, there is the whole "President Hillary Clinton" thing, but that's why I voted for Sanders in the primary.

Yeah, if it were Bernie I'd be a lot more excited. Not a fan of either Clinton.

The schadenfreude is mildly pleasant I suppose but the political discourse in our country is going to look just like this thread and that really is sad.

There ain't gonna be no libel lawsuit. Trump wouldn't enjoy discovery very much. All those Apprentice out takes would be only the beginning. 

But more broadly, how can anyone doubt this is true?

TRUMP: I like to sexually molest women. 

WOMEN: It's true, he does. 

TRUMP: They're lying. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I feel compelled to say not sexy boots (unless you think all boots are sexy), not stilettos, just more like riding boots that came to just below the knee.  

What color were the boots?   This is important.

Edited by The Future Champs

19 hours ago, timschochet said:

One of the strangest aspects about this election is the fact that at the same time that Trump supporters (and Republicans in general) believe that times are terrible, Obama has a 55% approval rating. This simply makes no sense. If I were a historian trying to predict the rise of a populist, demagogue candidate like Trump (or the Tea Party that preceded it) I would have also predicted a severe economic downturn and a current President with approval ratings in the low 30s or below. We have neither of those factors yet we still have Trump.

It is odd, but then again Obama is the most polarizing President in my memory too. If you don't approve of him, you hate him and consider him among the worst Presidents ever. Approve/disapprove is a binary measurement, but the truth is that our attitudes are anything BUT binary. We (usually) approve of some decisions and actions and disapprove of others, and two people can come to a general decision of "approve" in general without agreeing on many of the specific decisions/actions. So it is now. Most of the approves for Obama are not blanket approvals, but a general approval...basically approving more decisions/actions then not, and approving of the overal job. When we disaprove of a President, it's usually similar, not a blanket disapproval of EVERY decision and action. Right now, there are MILLIONS of people who have bought into a right wing propaganda attack that has criticized EVERY decision, EVERY move by Obama (and Hillary). IN the eyes of these folks, Obama  and Hillary have NEVER made a single decision they approve of. It's not logical, and it's not reasonable...heck it requires them to lie to themselves at times (or remain woefully misinformed), but it's the truth. Obama, to them, is the WORST President ever, and has done NOTHING right. Most of us on the left never felt that way about any Republican President. Bush Jr never was hated that way. We generally approved of many of his moves, even if our overall conclusion was one of disapproval. There's a very unique dynamic going on today that I'm not so sure has existed since the dawn of the civil war.

Edited by renesauz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Future Champs said:

What color were the boots?   This is important.

:lmao:  Black.  Not sure where that falls on the "was she asking for it" continuum.

I really appreciate you guys, the ones who've commented either to say something nice or to make a joke.  This has been one of the funniest threads ever, so I'll quit my story-telling now and get back to the :lmao:

Just now, krista4 said:

:lmao:  Black.  Not sure where that falls on the "was she asking for it" continuum.

I really appreciate you guys, the ones who've commented either to say something nice or to make a joke.  This has been one of the funniest threads ever, so I'll quit my story-telling now and get back to the :lmao:

Black is good.  Stilettos would be even better.   But I digress...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

maybe in the solutions for this we can acknowledge the fact that there are ways, in some but not all situations with some but not all people, to address it directly, and how to do that, and what to do if you can't or if you can but it doesn't work. 

As a manager I've dealt with overt sexual harassment by subordinates a couple times, but those situations are obviously inappropriate and the consequences are clear-cut. I think what you're talking about is more subtle and much more pervasive.

Pondering this a little I think the way I would deal with a boss (or a colleague) is not to make a big, finger-pointing deal out of it in public, but to say in private that his behavior was making me feel uncomfortable. I think that would have the desired effect, and if not then get HR involved.

As to Trump, it's really a sick master/slave type of dynamic. "I'm going to do something really inappropriate to you and you're just going to suck up and take it because I'm the King". The beauty pageant with the teens is even more revolting.

• Like 2

The below statement denying sexual assault is very odd and even ironic in that it may have been in part crafted by Roger Ailes. Who was fired for something like 20 alleged instances at Fox. Employing a serial assaulter as the mouth piece to deny assault is a lot like when the Trump operation trotted out the campaign adviser/surrogate with the thick Russian accent named BORIS to deny there was any connection or involvement between Russia and the campaign.    
- October 12, 2016 -

Trump Campaign Statement

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/trump-campaign-statement3

“This entire article is fiction, and for the New York Times to launch a completely false, coordinated character assassination against Mr. Trump on a topic like this is dangerous. To reach back decades in an attempt to smear Mr. Trump trivializes sexual assault, and it sets a new low for where the media is willing to go in its efforts to determine this election. {{Isn't this pretty much EXACTLY what Trump did Sunday night, just brazenly hypocritical?}}

"It is absurd to think that one of the most recognizable business leaders on the planet with a strong record of empowering women in his companies would do the things alleged in this story, and for this to only become public decades later in the final month of a campaign for president should say it all. {{Idiotic argument, Trump himself gloated that it was precisely BECAUSE he was a "star" he could commit the definition of sexual assault and get away with it}} 

"Further, the Times story buries the pro-Clinton financial and social media activity on behalf of Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, reinforcing that this truly is nothing more than a political attack. This is a sad day for the Times.” - Jason Miller, Senior Communications Advisor {{Wasn't the Sunday pre-debate publicity stunt a political attack to deflect from Trump's descriptions of sexual assault relentlessly dominating the news cycle for days, as well as embarrassing, potentially campaign-dooming reports of party leaders disgustedly rebuking and abandoning him by the dozens, unprecedented in US political history?}}