What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 11th pick, 12 Team PPR Thread (1 Viewer)

Chaser1439

Footballguy
The 11th pick is a difficult slot to prepare for this year, but after many mocks I think WR/WR is the way to go.

Players with 100+ receptions are hard to come by, and high quality pass catching RB's appear to be available in rounds 3, 4, 5, and 6. Based on the current PPR rankings, Marshall and Allen appear to be a reach in the 2nd round, but I think both players could easily end up as top 10 WR's.

Round 1 - Dez Bryant/Allen Robinson

Round 2 - Brandon Marshall/Keenan Allen

Round 3 - Brandin Cooks/Jarvis Landry/Matt Forte

Round 4 - Julian Endelman/Russell Wilson

Round 5 - Dion Lewis/Danny Woodhead/ Ben Roethlisberger

RB's to consider in Round 1 and 2

Adrian Peterson

Jamal Charles

LaVeon Bell

Lamar Miller

At this time, my plan is to wait on QB and TE, and load up on reception heavy WR's and RB's in the first 5 rounds. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

I have a feeling that those of us drafting near the turn this year are going to see RBs falling into our laps that we wouldn't have expected in our wildest dreams. Passing up on ADP at 11 because "it's PPR and I gotta chase those pass-catchers" is frankly insane unless you're in a league that can start 1 RB and 4 WRs or some such craziness.

I've seen 12-team mocks where 7 WRs plus Gronk are off the board in the first 10 picks. I'm sorry, but PPR or no PPR, give me a top-3 RB over a borderline top-10 WR every day of the week. I'm not touching Bell or Charles in the first 15 picks this year, but if ADP/Miller are there for me at 11 and 14, please and thank you.

Even if AP is gone, I'd still lean Miller at 11 and be content with Jeffery or Cooper as my WR1, then load up on PPR WRs like Cooks, Edelman, Fitz in rounds 3/4 knowing that I can grab Riddick and/or Sims in rounds 7/8 and get cheap near-RB2 production in a PPR.

My question to the group is: let's say for some reason Gronk falls to you at 11 in a TE-required league. You have to take him, right? Even though it's leaving you behind the 8-ball at either RB or WR for the first few rounds?

Nice post. I agree that passing on AP at 11 isn't the best strategy. I can't seem to put together a decent team when I take Gronk at 11 overall, but he certainly provides good value as a late first round draft pick. I might change my strategy to RB, RB if I can grab 2 out 3 of the following RB's.

Adrian Peterson - There aren't many backs that will surpass 300+ carries this year. 

Ezekiel Elliott - Great Offensive Line and should be a big factor in the passing game if he can stay on the field.

Lamar Miller - Word on the street is Miller looks great and is line for 50+ receptions this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished out of the 11 hole

1.11  Gronk

2.02 Bell

3.11 Demarius

4.02  Fitz

5.11 Duke

6.02  Gordon

7.11 DeAngelo

8.02  Fleener  (brain fart)

9.11 Marvin Jones

10.02  Jameis

11.09  Powell

12.02 Vereen

13.09 Sproles

14.02 Gostkowski

15.09 M. Thomas

16.02  Pats

2017 season.  Just completed our 12 team PPR league where I was drafting out of the 11th spot.  Prior to this live draft, I had completed approx 15-20 mock drafts where I drafted out of the 11th spot.  That beings said, the live draft didn't go as the mocks had prepared me for:  Completed draft:

1.11  M. Thomas WR NO  (thought I would grab J. Nelson here.  He went at 9 overall)

2.02  A. Cooper WR Oak  (thought I would land TY here.  He went the pick befor mine.  I contemplated Baldwin here and now I have           buyers remorse going with Cooper)

3.11  D. Adamas WR GB

4.02  C. McCaffrey RB Car  (surprised he fell to the 4th.  Happy to grab him here in PPR league)

5.11 J. Mixon RB Cin  (seems like a discount here in the 5th)

6.02  D. Parker WR Mia  (thought I may have reached for him here, but love his upside)

7.11  T. Coleman RB Atl

8.02  A. Luck QB Ind  (injury concerns, but if healthy great value at 8)

9.11  D. Henry RB Ten  (RB1 value if Murray goes down)

10.2  E. Ebron TE Det

11.11 E. Engram TE NYG  (reach, but this pick was made about 20 minutes after ODB went down...thought I would get a starting TE playing out of the slot)

12.2  Z. Jones  WR Buf

13.11  C. Palmer QB Ari  (need luck to be healthy.  Although, Palmer just may have the easiest first 4 weeks schedule in the NFL)

14.2  Steelers Def

15.11 J. Williams RB Buf (something tells me Buf is shopping Shady)

16.2  R. Burkhead RB NE (in hindsight, I feel I should have went with D. Henderson RB Den here)

17.11  D. Hopkins K Was

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafting out of the 11 spot next week.  Not in love with many mock drafts I've performed. WR/WR seems like the way to go. Figure Zeke news by that time will either bump him up or drop him far enough that this spot doesn't want him.

High Risk/High Reward: Zeke/Gronk

VBD: Jordy/DT

Safe Picks: Howard/Jordy

I continue to hate the 3/4 turn from the 11 spot. I'm finding it hard to build a solid squad that I personally like. Might have to swing for the fences with a Zeke/Gronk combo.

Users who are viewing this thread