What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dude in my office (1 Viewer)

Baloney Sandwich

Footballguy
So this guy in my office is a tad strange, nice guy but doesn't really fit into the mold of the typical type of salesperson we hire.  He is in another division of mine so I don't work with him on a daily basis but he sits fairly close to me.  He is a very skinny dude and today he is sporting an all gray ensemble.  Gray pants and gray button down shirt with no belt.  I want to ask him if the no belt was an accident or by design but would prefer not to offend him.

Okay to ask?

So this guy in my office is a tad strange, nice guy but doesn't really fit into the mold of the typical type of salesperson we hire.  He is in another division of mine so I don't work with him on a daily basis but he sits fairly close to me.  He is a very skinny dude and today he is sporting an all gray ensemble.  Gray pants and gray button down shirt with no belt.  I want to ask him if the no belt was an accident or by design but would prefer not to offend him.

Okay to ask?
sure!

Forget about the belt.  Give him a nickname - monochrome.

Which can be later shortened to "chrome." 

Or maybe "Sansabelt" - but that wouldn't mean much to anyone under 50.  

Last edited by a moderator:
"So I was checking out your butt the last time you got up from your desk, and I couldn't help but notice you weren't wearing a belt. What's up with that?"

Tell him the about the time you forgot to wear a belt to work to make him feel more comfortable.  Or just make fun of all the Gen Xers who wear belts and watches.

Okay to ask?
Just walk up to him and kick him in the nuts.   Seems like he needs it.   ywia. 

He said he discovered he forgot the belt while in the parking garage.  I probably should have addressed the monocrome outfit instead, sorry this thread isn't going anywhere.  I'm going to see if the girl I had drinks with at lunch wants me to go down on her.  Everyone have a good weekend.

Baloney Sandwich said:
He said he discovered he forgot the belt while in the parking garage.  I probably should have addressed the monocrome outfit instead, sorry this thread isn't going anywhere.  I'm going to see if the girl I had drinks with at lunch wants me to go down on her.  Everyone have a good weekend.
welp, that explains this failure

4 guys in my office all wear the same "Dad New Balance Shoes" on Fridays.  You know the ones.  All white except for the New Balance logo.  Their "we're going to Outback" weekend shoes.  What do you think that's all about?

4 guys in my office all wear the same "Dad New Balance Shoes" on Fridays.  You know the ones.  All white except for the New Balance logo.  Their "we're going to Outback" weekend shoes.  What do you think that's all about?
You've got these guys all wrong.

They're going to Olive Garden.

I had an inside sales guy in Brazil, young guy, smart.it was a small office, maybe 15 people in one room. One day he shows up in a black pin stripe suit, black shirt, white tie and 5 o'clock shadow. Belt, no suspenders, though. I kept looking for the fedora and the tommy gun. As I leave the office I say good night to everyone left and asked him specifically (with a smile) to tone down the gangster look. I never saw him wearing anything even remotely close to that again.

I had an inside sales guy in Brazil, young guy, smart.it was a small office, maybe 15 people in one room. One day he shows up in a black pin stripe suit, black shirt, white tie and 5 o'clock shadow. Belt, no suspenders, though. I kept looking for the fedora and the tommy gun. As I leave the office I say good night to everyone left and asked him specifically (with a smile) to tone down the gangster look. I never saw him wearing anything even remotely close to that again.
Somehow this story is better than the OP.

Okay to ask?
Walk in Monday with the same ensemble.

Okay to ask?
Ask which movie he prefers  They Grey, or Gray lady Down.  Also you might ask him whether he has any insight into the multiple spellings for that hue.

Users who are viewing this thread