What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kidney Reflux - Anyone Familiar? (1 Viewer)

The Hank

Footballguy
I see patients with VU reflux very frequently so it is fairly common. 

It's graded by severity from 1 to 5 so her grade 3 is moderate. There's a pretty good chance it will resolve over time and not require surgery. 

She'll be on the preventative antibiotic for a year and then they will either repeat her VCUG test or do a nuclear renal scan to confirm if the reflux has resolved. 

The prognosis is good. Good luck to her!

It's graded by severity from 1 to 5 so her grade 3 is moderate. There's a pretty good chance it will resolve over time and not require surgery. 

She'll be on the preventative antibiotic for a year and then they will either repeat her VCUG test or do a nuclear renal scan to confirm if the reflux has resolved. 

:thumbup:

My son had it, although very mild.  Diagnosed some kidney issues in utero, including a double ureter.  They monitored it for a year or more, then said, "eh, things look good for the little guy. No need to come back in."

He's never had a UTI though, and he's 3 now.  Best of luck.

The Dreaded Marco said:

This is what I needed to read today! Thanks for insight!

Her urologist basically echoed the same that prognosis was good, but would probably take time to resolve itself.

Users who are viewing this thread