What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What sports would you like to see in the Olympics - summer edition (1 Viewer)

T J

Footballguy
Me? I'd be down to see dodgeball, ultimate frisbee, kickball, and lacrosse in the olympics. I've never really watched cricket but that seems pretty popular internationally. Maybe throw that in there too.  I think these sports would be extremely well-received. 

Only a matter of time before Twenty20 cricket is part of the Olympics.

Disc golf and squash would be my personal picks. 

Cage match to death

Sniper one on one

Hand grenade dodgeball 

Jihad v jihad

Shark infested swimming 

Jews v Germans in Mayan ball game

Ryan lochte v various brands of soap dispenser

Russia v china v USA melee

Bb gun tag

Jousting 

Timed Bomb disabling 

I'd say one they are getting rid of in 2020 and that's wrestling. That needs to be kept.

Honestly I don't see the point of soccer, golf and tennis, there is so much of that and they have established tournaments. I say that as someone who likes both sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cage match to death

Sniper one on one

Hand grenade dodgeball 

Jihad v jihad

Shark infested swimming 

Jews v Germans in Mayan ball game

Ryan lochte v various brands of soap dispenser

Russia v china v USA melee

Bb gun tag

Jousting 

Timed Bomb disabling 
I realize you're just joking, but I would really like to see jousting. 

I'd say one they are getting rid of in 2020 and that's wrestling. That needs to be kept.
Wrestling was out as an Olympic sport for seven months in 2013 -- but now it is back in for 2020.

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing various billiards disciplines in the Olympics -- here's a sample itinerary:

Pocket Billiards
Straight Pool (14.1 Continuous, 500 pts)
9-Ball
One Pocket
Snooker
Trick shooting (non-medaling exhibition)

Carom Billiards
Straight Billiards (aka Straight-rail)
One-Cushion
Three Cushion
47.2 Balkline and/or 71.2 Balkline
Artistic billiards (non-medaling exhibition)

I'd like to see baseball and softball come back.  I know those sports are non-entities in Europe and Africa and there's no way the top pro leagues would accommodate the Olympics, but there's enough high-level talent around the world for a competitive tournament in baseball.

Im curious if some form of parkour/freerunning could exist in an Olympic format.  I'd watch that for sure.

both returning in Tokyo, iirc   :shrug:
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/193412904/baseball-will-return-to-2020-olympics-in-tokyo/

Yep, announced a couple weeks ago. Missed that.  Sorry.

According to the article linked, the top pro leagues in Japan and South Korea will go on hiatus during the Olympics so their best pros can play in Tokyo. 

MLB won't alter their schedule for the Olympics, but will let minor leaguers participate.  Unclear whether "minor leaguer" means not on the 25-man or not on the 40-man roster.

Bowling

baseball

softball

team golf

keep wrestling and rugby 7s

yachting

off road bicycling 

Triathlon

Darts 

Quarters

Drunk tricycle race like revenge of the nerds

### hole

Team 8 ball mandatory beer chug after every shot missed 

I especially like the notion of ultimate frisbee and dodgeball. I'd watch those for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread