What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Treadwell or Coleman? (Dynasty non-ppr) (1 Viewer)

Who do you prefer in non-ppr Dynasty?

• Laqoun Treadwell

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Corey Coleman

Votes: 37 68.5%

• Total voters
I had this choice in a non-ppr dynasty league in May. I chose Coleman for a few reasons.

1. I think that talent wise, Treadwell's absolute ceiling is Michael Irvin while Coleman's ceiling is Antonio Brown-ish.

2. I am a huge believer in Hue Jackson.

3. I think the Baylor connection, even though they didn't play together, between RG3 and CC is real. I think coming from the same scheme and culture will allow them to be in the huddle and when a play is called, RG3 can say something like "hey run this like we did play XYZ in baylor" or CC says "i'm gonna run this route with a little KLM wiggle here so look that way to freeze the free safety"

4. This is post draft and completely crazy, but I think that Cav title lifted the curse off of Cleveland and the Browns are going to surprise.

3. I think the Baylor connection, even though they didn't play together, between RG3 and CC is real. I think coming from the same scheme and culture will allow them to be in the huddle and when a play is called, RG3 can say something like "hey run this like we did play XYZ in baylor" or CC says "i'm gonna run this route with a little KLM wiggle here so look that way to freeze the free safety"
Maybe, but you realize RG3 actually DID play with the Browns' other WR at Baylor, right?

...and I'd take Michael Irvin over Antonio Brown every day, and twice on Sundays.  Lol.  I'd love to see Michael Irvin, while in his prime, play with today's rules where the corners are flagged for even thinking about touching the receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
spider321 said:
Maybe, but you realize RG3 actually DID play with the Browns' other WR at Baylor, right?

...and I'd take Michael Irvin over Antonio Brown every day, and twice on Sundays.  Lol.  I'd love to see Michael Irvin, while in his prime, play with today's rules where the corners are flagged for even thinking about touching the receiver.
Ugh. This has nothing to do with the question at hand.

My point was more along the lines of I'd rather have the guy with the higher FF ceiling due to YAC than the stud HOF physical "box you out" monster that Irvin was. 

I honestly think Josh Gordon is a non-factor. Eggspurts are saying that when his suspension is over he becomes Cleveland's #1 WR...as if it's his birthright. I don't see that happening.

Ugh. This has nothing to do with the question at hand.

My point was more along the lines of I'd rather have the guy with the higher FF ceiling due to YAC than the stud HOF physical "box you out" monster that Irvin was. 
Ugh.  My point was that, (using your comparison) imo with today's passing friendly rules, Irvin's fantasy football ceiling would be higher than Antonio's.

So yes, it has everything to do with the question at hand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've flip flopped from a similar poll earlier in the year. This time I picked Coleman. RG3 looks better than expected. Even though it's preseason it's still better than looking horrible. Treadwell you would hope turns into Nuk. Coleman hopefully AB. Part of what makes AB great for FF is Ben and the Steelers offense so, I don't mean AB in terms of FF production. Basically, I'm saying if Treadwell and Coleman hopefully turn into the elite, I consider them a wash. 

However, if you start to look for lower level comps and just look at pure physical traits, Coleman can fill more roles. He can be pure deep threat like Mike Wallace was, he can be shifty deep threat a la Desean Jackson, he could be a little bully like Steve Smith, he could be the sneaky slot like Welker or Edelman, he could be that secondary stud like Randall Cobb or Jon Brown. I don't know if the Brown/Cobb comp is an actual role like the other types I mentioned. If Treadwell doesn't turn into Nuk than how many other roles could he fill? A big slot like Colston. Or a big secondary option like Decker.

Route running + physical skills is what sets the elite apart. If both are great then who cares? You're punishment for picking the wrong elite guy, is a slightly lower elite guy. Darn. If Treadwell struggles with routes, really his only weapon will be to box out/"my ball" against defenders. Coleman could do this too (see Steve Smith). It would probably be easier for Treadwell but the point remains. Coleman, however, also has the ability to use speed to get open. Or use agility to beat coverage. 

***Both are really close though. I answered with the mindset of I have to take one and can never trade them. Otherwise, it's easily Coleman because I think year one will be much better for him. I think Treadwell likely has a slower start to his career or at least in year one. Say 45/550/2 then explodes next year. Kind of like Allen Robinson. In theory I'd take Coleman now and Treadwell next year based on my projected/expected prices. But that has more to do with value than player vs player.*****

FWIW...10 team dynasty league. Non-ppr with IDP. In our rookie draft last night, Coleman went 1.2 and Treadwell 1.08. Mostly Vikings fans in the league.

FWIW...10 team dynasty league. Non-ppr with IDP. In our rookie draft last night, Coleman went 1.2 and Treadwell 1.08. Mostly Vikings fans in the league.
Treadwell at 8, in Vikings heavy league seems odd. Zeke, CC, Shep, MT, Doc. Who were the other two that went ahead of him? Guessing DH, too?

How much should RGIII be a factor in Coleman's dynasty value?  Redraft, sure.  Dynasty I'm not sure he'll be around/healthy enough to be a long-term consideration.  Same general thought process as Adrian Peterson effect on Treadwell's dynasty outlook.

Users who are viewing this thread