What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Today I learned... FBG Edition (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
There's a sub-reddit called "Today I Learned" where users post random, oddball factoids.  I figured I'd try to start a similar theme here.

I'll start off with today I learned that the white flakes that you sometimes see in your glass of ice water is calcium or magnesium carbonate from hard water when it's frozen.  When the ice melts, the flakes separate from the cube and drift to the bottom of the glass.  It's the same type of calcium found in dairy products and is harmless, albeit kinda gross to look at.    

TIL on Reddit drives me crazy most of the time.  I realize the title of the thread isn't supposed to be taken literally but most of the time I  find myself saying "you really just learned today that Nick Cage is related to Francis Ford Coppola?"

TIL on Reddit drives me crazy most of the time.  I realize the title of the thread isn't supposed to be taken literally but most of the time I  find myself saying "you really just learned today that Nick Cage is related to Francis Ford Coppola?"
almost as bad as the Tippi Hedren/Melanie Griffith and Charlie Chaplin/Oona O'Neil  jackholes ... 'da fuq is wrong with these d-nozzles?

Last edited by a moderator:
no way

Last edited by a moderator:
TIL that DARPA is real and not a made up evil part of the US government.

I am reading a book called "The Pentagon's Brain, an uncensored history of DARPA"

It may be evil, but it is not made up

wait.. what?

I learned that I've never seen flakes in my drinking water
My parents had hard water, so it was pretty common to have those specks in a glass of ice water.  On the other hand, their water tasted really good.

Users who are viewing this thread