What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hey regular guys. What's the best fiber supplement for regularity? (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
I've been having a fairly chronic constipation problem, at least one or two days a week of discomfort that affects my sleep and sex life.

Im considering taking an OTC fiber supplement to keep me regular.

Anyone have success with a particular brand? Is there any risk of dependency?

i already eat a healthy high fiber diet but it doesn't seem to be as effective as it should be. Could this be a deeper medical problem I am unaware of?

when im on the kale breakfast smoothies I usually have a nice doody once a day at the same time. nice when you can plan your craps on your work calendar and schedule meetings around it

A few prunes usually does the trick.
Doesn't always do the trick for me.

a few weeks ago I had to chug a bottle of magnesium citrate and I didn't get the expected results after 3 days of discomfort.

i went but I didn't feel cleaned out fully and it reared its ugly head again this weekend. I was in pain all weekend and I was able to drop a big one this morning but yet again don't feel completely cleaned out and I'm still having very smelly gas

I heard avocadoes do wonders for this.   There's even a thread about it I'm pretty sure.

How old are you?

How often do you eat red meat and pork?

I have an entire thread on all of this and was self-diagnosed with a strong digestive disorder that I had a very difficult time getting help from my local doctor. I had to go on the internet and spend a lot of time researching what it is. 

Link to thread

And I have had a rough go of it today, made the mistake of letting my wife talk us into eating Carraba's last night  on top of CPK on Sat, I am all kinds of messed up today. 

I eat an Avocado for breakfast and a few cups of coffee before lunch.  The combination does wonders for me.  Regular 2-3 times a day.

I eat a few a week.

Despite my mostly vegetable diet I'm still having issues.
What kinds of veggies? My guess is you eat insoluble fiber like the kind in broccoli and stringy husk vegetables. 

You probably need an increase in soluble fiber such as a daily morning bowl of oatmeal. It will set you up for a good day. Legumes would be good too. 

How old are you?

I have an entire thread on all of this and was self-diagnosed with a strong digestive disorder that I had a very difficult time getting help from my local doctor. I had to go on the internet and spend a lot of time researching what it is. 

Link to thread

And I have had a rough go of it today, made the mistake of letting my wife talk us into eating Carraba's last night  on top of CPK on Sat, I am all kinds of messed up today. 
Early 30.

i eat red meat and pork maybe 1-2 times per month on average. My meat intake usually consists of one order of chicken tikka for lunch once a week tops and I eat maybe half a dozen eggs each week spread out over that time period.

How old are you?

Link to thread

Early 30.

i eat red meat and pork maybe 1-2 times per month on average. My meat intake usually consists of one order of chicken tikka for lunch once a week tops and I eat maybe half a dozen eggs each week spread out over that time period.

Early 30.

What would you be eating that is high in fat content? 

Big triggers for men as they age whether they know it or not...

-Red meat and all pork

-Coffee and Alcohol 

-Deep fried or heavy fried foods, including french fries, yes. 

-Dairy is a killer

You eating dairy at all?

Big triggers for men as they age whether they know it or not...

-Red meat and all pork

-Coffee and Alcohol 

-Deep fried or heavy fried foods, including french fries, yes. 

-Dairy is a killer

You eating dairy at all?
I eat a serving of cheese every day and a few lashes of milk in my coffee throughout the day.

i drink about a pot of coffee every day which usually helps me get things moving down there.

i drink 1-2 times a week. Usually just beer or maybe a couple mixed drinks with them. When I do drink I consume quite a bit and get pretty hammered.

i did drink a 12 case this past Friday night

p.s. I almost never eat fried foods 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say enough about the Blendtec. BM this morning about 2 feet long.  Stuck out of the water a good 8 inches. Thick. Perfect hue. That line from Glengarry Glen Ross, " You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?" That's me every day.

If you're eating a lot of veg maybe there's something else in your diet that's a problem?  Something with too much fat? Too many nuts?  Cheese? You could take a Colace before bed and get things moving. See if that helps. If that doesn't work maybe some magnesium citrate?  Once your transverse colon becomes impacted there's not much you can do other than suffer.

Can't say enough about the Blendtec. BM this morning about 2 feet long.  Stuck out of the water a good 8 inches. Thick. Perfect hue. That line from Glengarry Glen Ross, " You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?" That's me every day.

If you're eating a lot of veg maybe there's something else in your diet that's a problem?  Something with too much fat? Too many nuts?  Cheese? You could take a Colace before bed and get things moving. See if that helps. If that doesn't work maybe some magnesium citrate?  Once your transverse colon becomes impacted there's not much you can do other than suffer.
Don't think I'm eating too much fat since my poop doesn't float.

i eat nuts, nut butter or nut milk daily

I eat a serving of cheese every day and a few lashes of milk in my coffee throughout the day.

i drink about a pot of coffee every day which usually helps me get things moving down there.

i drink 1-2 times a week. Usually just beer or maybe a couple mixed drinks with them. When I do drink I consume quite a bit and get pretty hammered.

i did drink a 12 case this past Friday night

p.s. I almost never eat fried foods 
Oh really? You don't say!

I'm not laughing at you but it started many years before I actually got or sought help. I'm not going to tell you what to do but I would highly encourage you to 86 all that stuff for a month and see what happens. The dairy is destroying you in the coffee...trust me I know. 

Do you drink plenty of water?

Definitely think you need to see the doc.  If you are eating like that, AKA better than 90% of Americans, and you aren't regular, something is amiss. 

Hey Willie, I've been using a different supplement but I will look into this one. Agree on fats, nuts, cheese, all can be horrible triggers to some folks. 

We were at the Counter(burger joint) and I was just sipping a beer but I was watching so many adult pounding burgers, slightly jealous but also know the damage many are doing to themselves but simply cannot stop what they are doing. 

Do you drink plenty of water?

Definitely think you need to see the doc.  If you are eating like that, AKA better than 90% of Americans, and you aren't regular, something is amiss. 
I estimate at least 4 liters of water per day. Probably considerable more

I eat almond butter but am supposed to avoid most of the nut butters. I have it with fruit, granola, and acai almost daily, fruit also cuts those sugar cravings that used to haunt me. 

Nuts, cheese and anything else high fat is going to back up some people.  Everyone is different.  If I eat too much of either one of those I'm clogged up.  Others eat cheese and poop their brains out.  The nuts have to be in moderation for you it seems.

Considering my diet I'm concerned a big issue causing my digestion problems is lack of sleep.

i have chronic insomnia and it's rare for me to get 8 hours straight in a night without waking up a couple of times. On work nights I get 6 or 7 hours at most and sometimes I'll get 8 or maybe a little more but I'm unable to bed down for a 12+ hour power snooze like I desire

i also have a very high stress career and multiple side projects I'm pursuing so I'm always exhausted

Considering my diet I'm concerned a big issue causing my digestion problems is lack of sleep.

i have chronic insomnia and it's rare for me to get 8 hours straight in a night without waking up a couple of times. On work nights I get 6 or 7 hours at most and sometimes I'll get 8 or maybe a little more but I'm unable to bed down for a 12+ hour power snooze like I desire

i also have a very high stress career and multiple side projects I'm pursuing so I'm always exhausted
You drink a pot of coffee a day and you wonder why you are having sleep problems?

Been like that my entire life despite my coffee consumption.

at work I don't drink it after 2pm
And I ate meat my entire life as well...sometimes we gotta make changes even when we don't want to. 

Start drinking it black in the mornings. Try drinking one of these instead of coffee at 2PM, it's a head rush. Local place but every city has some Jamaican juice bar these days. 

And I ate meat my entire life as well...sometimes we gotta make changes even when we don't want to. 

Start drinking it black in the mornings. Try drinking one of these instead of coffee at 2PM, it's a head rush. Local place but every city has some Jamaican juice bar these days. 
The black coffee I can do and probably stop the coffee at lunch time most days depending on workload

whats in that drink?

The black coffee I can do and probably stop the coffee at lunch time most days depending on workload

whats in that drink?
Mostly greens, they have a simplified one with kale, pear, apple I think? I can't chug it and some days I just am not in the mood but when I can get one of them into my system it does wonders fro energy levels. 

I also have to say as we age, even those of us who eat slightly better or healthier, most folks do not get the proper amount of exercise myself included. 

-30 minute walk once a day, add about 5-10 minutes every week or two and in about a month or two you will be walking 60 minutes a day and that is proven to combat the 8-10 hours day you spend in front of the computer posting in this place. 

Your body needs to move in order for your food to move thru your system better. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Mostly greens, they have a simplified one with kale, pear, apple I think? I can't chug it and some days I just am not in the mood but when I can get one of them into my system it does wonders fro energy levels. 
I can probably just make my own. Probably costs like 5 or 6 bucks to buy prepared

Willie Neslon said:

how many courics do you think it weighed?
was this you?

Users who are viewing this thread