What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Funchess for a LB (1 Viewer)

That one guy

Footballguy
No targets or offers right now, just curious who you'd move (realistically) for Funchess?

With Funch as my WR6, I'm willing to sell off a potential offensive asset to bulk up my woefully slim LB corps 

Last edited by a moderator:
Impossible to say without a specific scoring system, but even then, giving you a list of LBs that I personally would trade for Funchess is useless.  

More relevantly, you would want to identify the other teams in your league who are deep at LB, ideally ones that are also thin at wr, and aim to deal for whoever they would make available.

I think you could also get an idea of relative value by looking at some adp values for Funchess, and seeing what LBs are going for similar value.

First off, you can do whatever you want in the end, but.......

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can assure you it's not a healthy practice in dynasty to trade away young talent like Funchess, especially when that talent is responding to the coaching and dedication they are putting into the game. This is what is happening with Funchess.

What you really want to be doing is setting yourself up to be the guy or girl that builds up IDP talent so you can flip it for guys like this, not the other way around.

As for Funchess, he might be your WR6, but his stock is going to rise, it's just a matter of opportunity, and then at some point if you move him, see if maybe he alone or paired with another player can land you a dominant RB, TE or even receiver.

Tackle heavy names to keep an eye on if they are around

Nate Irving - Colts

Zach Orr - Baltimore

Jonathan Casillas - Giants

DeVondre Campbell - Falcons

Todd Davis - Broncos

those are some, of course I'm not sure who you might be able to land, but if worse comes to worse find some of these names on other teams rosters and make a cheaper move to keep a very valuable asset like Funchess.

First off, you can do whatever you want in the end, but.......

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can assure you it's not a healthy practice in dynasty to trade away young talent like Funchess, especially when that talent is responding to the coaching and dedication they are putting into the game. This is what is happening with Funchess.

What you really want to be doing is setting yourself up to be the guy or girl that builds up IDP talent so you can flip it for guys like this, not the other way around.
A blanket statement like this is really bad.  You have no idea what the scoring system.  I have a league where defense is what you build if you want to win the title and trading players like Funchess to owners that don't put the research into the IDP's is easy money and sets you up for solid teams year in and year out. 

Funchess has nice reports and seems to be doing the right things but he is not Antonio Brown.  He might be good and take some steps but he is still in an offense that spreads the ball around quite a bit.  If he is the WR6 the OP stated this is the perfect guy to flip for help at LB because of the good press he is getting.   This, of course, is dependent upon the scoring system and the relative value of offense to IDP scoring for the league. 

Without knowing scoring/roster size specifics, you shoukd be able to land an every week starting LB to move a high upside/good buzz prospect like Funchess.

Users who are viewing this thread