What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wooing my neighbor: I came. I hugged. I wooed. Now moving on. (1 Viewer)

chet said:
Has anyone shared this thread or story with their wife?  Be honest.

I haven't.
I hadn't, but then had to when the very next post had me giggling like a schoolgirl with her sitting next to me in bed

mannnn, #### y'all :lol:

So as to not leave the thread hanging, I try to leave a quick update, literally typing as I'm loading my kids into the car headed to school, and yeah, pretty much come back to what I expected. Will not make that mistake twice.

Not even worth the detail of yesterday at this point. It'll be the same 7 or 8 pages of ####. 

So as to not leave the thread hanging, I try to leave a quick update, literally typing as I'm loading my kids into the car headed to school, and yeah, pretty much come back to what I expected. Will not make that mistake twice.

Not even worth the detail of yesterday at this point. It'll be the same 7 or 8 pages of ####. 
You're pot committed now. 

:fishing:

this is why we can't have nice things

mannnn, #### y'all  :lol:

:fishing:

NRJ putting on a Master level class here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it is maybe not fair for me to post details when I can't and won't post COMPLETE details. To be honest, I never thought it'd be an issue. I never thought anyone (much less a lot of anyones) would give 2 ####s about all this. 

I'm fine with the jokes, the ribbing, the poor advice and all that. I have thick skin. But I am asking for a bit of leeway, and that you respect the fact that I will not compromise neither this woman's identity, nor my own integrity, for the sake of a ### #### internet message board thread. And because of that, you have to understand there are things I will not share that I realize are crucial to this story, and absolutely crucial to the decisions and actions I have made.  I have probably done myself a bit of a disservice by posting pretty much everything I have done, without posting everything that brought me to the decisions that I made. Most of the flack and jokes I've taken are a product of that partial information, which Curly has alluded to several times. She, and a few others, seem to get that. The rest either don't get it or don't care. I'm not upset about it. I've been around here a long time, mostly as a lurker in the FFA. Hell, that's what 95% of this forum is anyway. I just don't want anyone to feel duped. You have my word of honor as a man, this is not a fishing trip. 

I do sincerely appreciate the time everyone has taken, even if just to make a terrible joke. 

If everyone would prefer, I can just stop updating it, we'll lock it down, and I'll go on my way. 

Perhaps it is maybe not fair for me to post details when I can't and won't post COMPLETE details. To be honest, I never thought it'd be an issue. I never thought anyone (much less a lot of anyones) would give 2 ####s about all this. 

I'm fine with the jokes, the ribbing, the poor advice and all that. I have thick skin. But I am asking for a bit of leeway, and that you respect the fact that I will not compromise neither this woman's identity, nor my own integrity, for the sake of a ### #### internet message board thread. And because of that, you have to understand there are things I will not share that I realize are crucial to this story, and absolutely crucial to the decisions and actions I have made.  I have probably done myself a bit of a disservice by posting pretty much everything I have done, without posting everything that brought me to the decisions that I made. Most of the flack and jokes I've taken are a product of that partial information, which Curly has alluded to several times. She, and a few others, seem to get that. The rest either don't get it or don't care. I'm not upset about it. I've been around here a long time, mostly as a lurker in the FFA. Hell, that's what 95% of this forum is anyway. I just don't want anyone to feel duped. You have my word of honor as a man, this is not a fishing trip. 

I do sincerely appreciate the time everyone has taken, even if just to make a terrible joke. 

If everyone would prefer, I can just stop updating it, we'll lock it down, and I'll go on my way. 
Dude just stop.  This is entertainment for us.  Share what you feel is appropriate but don't take the FFA so seriously.

I can only speak for myself, but I do get that, and I'm fine with the withheld information. For whatever odd reason many of us have been drawn to this whole ordeal and would enjoy the updates regardless of information being withheld. Too much time has been spent for it to end like this!

Also by taking the Lord's name in vain we've now proven you're not a Joe alias, destroying that tinfoilhat theory

Jesus, I checked this thread a couple days ago ad it was at 42. Now its at 86. 86!!!!!

Cliffnotes starting after the BBQ plz. I dont have enough time in 2016 to read 44 more pages.

Jesus, I checked this thread a couple days ago ad it was at 42. Now its at 86. 86!!!!!

Cliffnotes starting after the BBQ plz. I dont have enough time in 2016 to read 44 more pages.
Nothing has happened. Our hero is taking it slow.  They have hugged.  Our hero has beaten his meat so much these days it looks like raw hamburger meat, or a bicycle handle grip.  YWIA

They went to the zoo but it rained. Jumped on trampolines. Played some games. Had a 2.25 hour coffee date. Hugged. Hugged again. Hugged again, but this time for 1.5 hours. Now he's talking about bailing on the thread. 

Trampoline park, hundred dollar bill, coffee, talk regarding undisclosed baggage, texting, 2 same night deck hugs, something else last night involving 90 minute hug, martyr shtick

Genuinely interested in how this turns out.  Most of us, if not all, are rooting for you and appreciate the updates.   At least tell us what the "90 minute" hug was all about.

Sounds like somebody needs a hug

I can only speak for myself, but I do get that, and I'm fine with the withheld information. For whatever odd reason many of us have been drawn to this whole ordeal and would enjoy the updates regardless of information being withheld. Too much time has been spent for it to end like this!
It's different. It's a fun thread. It's even more fun not knowing the big detail that's missing as it's like playing detective in a soap. What you think is/should be happening by now because of .... isn't. What? No kiss at hug #2?!@#  It's funny. Worth all the chit I get, if I really cared.. :thumbup:

Don't let a few bad cheese wedges spoil the bunch NRJ!!!

ive invested all 87 pages into this odyssey... And that's not at all depressing or embarrassing in the least

The day I start a thread that goes for 80+ pages (####, 5 pages) about me NOT getting laid I give anyone that knows me in real life permission to kill me.

Perhaps it is maybe not fair for me to post details when I can't and won't post COMPLETE details.
You don't need to post personal information but it wouldn't hurt to describe things a little more than "we talked and hugged for 1.5 hours". 

My boss would probably want this considering my productivity at work has gone straight down the tubes the last week. Directly correlates to when I started following this thread. 

In all honesty, I do understand where you're coming from. I agree with it. Good luck in your endeavors. I'm pulling out once and for all from this point forward. What happens will happen, regardless of what goes on in this thread. If it works out, great. If not, no harm no foul. Life goes on with or without this female.

Good luck. I'm literally going to see if I can block the link to this thread via my wifi now.  :D

You don't need to post personal information but it wouldn't hurt to describe things a little more than "we talked and hugged for 1.5 hours". 
It's his personal business. If he wants to share, he will. If not or if he thinks it isn't inappropriate, he won't. 

proninja said:
She seems to be pretty into him, initiating PG physical contact

money.never.sleeps is like ESL Gordon Gekko. The bad version.

People who have read Neil Strauss books sound a little rapey on the internet :peacock:

If you describe men and their actions as alpha/beta you sound like you're posting from your mom's basement

Everyone in here is an utter expert on seducing women 

Every woman responds to men in exactly the same way according to our experts

It's way better than the Trump thread or the Kapernick thread, so here we are. 
Thanks.  

If this chick's divorce isn't final, I'd back away slowly.

Fastest swing ever from

self righteous

"I WAS RIGHT! SHE DIDNT WANT TO KISS ME! HA! I SHOWED YOU GUYS!"

to dejected

"YOU GUYS ARE MEAN. NO MORE HUG-UPDATES!"

Evah 

I don't want to speak for anybody else--but I'm actually happy and grateful that you are not posting complete details.  First of all---I personally don't want to be a creep--nor do I have any desire to feel like one.   I appreciate you not giving details specific enough to make me feel that way.   Also--I appreciate you not compromising her identity and privacy.   What her name is and how she exactly looks has no bearing to the entertainment value of this thread.   Not that you are asking for any advice--but if I were to offer some--keep doing what you are doing.   This thread makes people happy and keeps people entertained.   Don't feel pressured to disclose any more than you feel comfortable doing so.    With that being said--I look forward to the next "not too specific" update!!!

Like I said, it's like a soap. The writers have the pen in their hand. We want it to go this way, it looks like it but it doesn't. Why? We are left guessing and coming back for more. Details are always left out which makes it harder to figure out the ending, and this story will have an ending of friends or relationship or neither. I'm vested enough to want to know which, God knows I have the time. And I'm glad to hear that no matter what happens, he's enjoyed these moments.

Since most of us want our friend to be happy, I don't see why the non-schtick outbursts and questions are hammered to death. This thread has the makings of us wanting to come back just to see if it's still just a hug. Those who say they're done here, aren't. They may not post but they are browsing through the pages..

Best thread of 2016. Great story inspires great comedy.  You have provided a canvas for the FFA to bring its best back into the light.  Ignore the noise, share what you can, but keep this train rolling.  I, for one, can't go back to the mundane existence I eked out prior to being exposed to the NRJ & Mona Lisa story.  

You know I've been on your side all along. That being said, I would stop posting. Someone will eventually wheel house you irl because it's the internet and people are dumb. Would blow your whole relationship. Plus you risk your new woman finding out about this thread.  It's a great thread but you have much to lose and very little to gain at this point. You've cemented yourself and this thread in the FFA hall of fame

so lame

C'mon, man.  You stopped in this morning and all you basically said was you had a 90 minute hug.  What did you expect to happen? 

The thread is going great. Don't bail. Enough of the martyr shtick. You're wasting time. Get to the details.

Signed,

everyone
this.  and stop taking the ffa so seriously

Users who are viewing this thread