What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wooing my neighbor: I came. I hugged. I wooed. Now moving on. (2 Viewers)

Are you guys officially boyfriend/girlfriend?  Does hugging go on in front of the kiddies? 
Well, we've discussed this, actually, and decided it best to not label it as a relationship, so there is no pressure and no expectations. We are in agreement, though, that we are both not exploring other opportunities outside of each other. Just taking things day by day, and enjoying each other's company when our hectic schedules permit.

:lol: Yes, the kids have seen us hug, and maybe even spied a quick smooch. She says her girls are very comfortable with me, and they even ask for me to come over sometimes. I went out of town on business a while back and her girls drew me welcome home cards for when I got back. :)

Well, we've discussed this, actually, and decided it best to not label it as a relationship, so there is no pressure and no expectations. We are in agreement, though, that we are both not exploring other opportunities outside of each other. Just taking things day by day, and enjoying each other's company when our hectic schedules permit.

:lol: Yes, the kids have seen us hug, and maybe even spied a quick smooch. She says her girls are very comfortable with me, and they even ask for me to come over sometimes. I went out of town on business a while back and her girls drew me welcome home cards for when I got back. :)
I agree. Labels can change things. Just let it flow and where it goes, it goes. Less stress this way.  And not seeing anyone else says it all.

Beef Ravioli said:
Plans for Christmas? Presents for her and her kids? Dinner with her parents? This will tell us much.
I'm guessing a long, passionate hug under the mistletoe while wearing Saints jerseys as the kids are tucked in their beds, with dreams of Drew Brees TDs as Michael Thomas leaps above their heads.

I've hesitated to come back in here for a bit, because I was a little down for a while. I wish I had a happier ending for you guys...

We've decided to go our separate ways. Mostly her, but looking back I think it's for the best. I think she realized she just wasn't ready for a relationship in general. She is very guarded, and she has very valid reasons for it. But she was nothing less than honest and open with me about it, so for that I am grateful. She still kinda broke my heart though. But I know things can't be forced. We are still in contact, although it is usually just short and sweet texts.  And no, before someone suggests it, she's not seeing someone else. At least not yet. lol  If that's what she wants though, I wish her nothing but the best, as all I wish is for her to be happy. I do still care about her greatly and I miss her, and I also miss her kids who I bonded with too of course.  

As for me, one day a few weeks ago, when I was feeling kind of down about all this, and wallowing in self-pity, I got a text out of the blue from a chick I had a crush on a couple years ago that I lost contact with, saying that she'd like to catch up. We've been to lunch, and are in talks to hang out again soon. It won't be threadworthy, but it will certainly help me. 

Lastly, I appreciate everyone who joined in the journey here, you certainly kept it fun for me.  

Happy New Year to you all, GBs. 

Sorry to hear about this too.

I haven't read thru the whole thread, but was he at least able to get past a hug?  Did he get any sweet candy?

She waits until she gets Christmas presents from you first before dropping the hammer?  That's cold.

So you don't think it's gonna be awkward now when dudes start pulling up to her house next door and staying the night after you had just dated her and wanted to continue doing so?  That is why it's tough dating someone at work, or, in this instance, your next door neighbor.

Wish you the best though... 

She waits until she gets Christmas presents from you first before dropping the hammer?  That's cold.

So you don't think it's gonna be awkward now when dudes start pulling up to her house next door and staying the night after you had just dated her and wanted to continue doing so?  That is why it's tough dating someone at work, or, in this instance, your next door neighbor.

Wish you the best though... 
:lol: no, it was before Thanksgiving actually.  There won't be any dudes staying the night there, as she always has her kids, and a crazy ex. She wouldn't risk that. And like I said, if she starts seeing someone else, I wish her the best, and him good ####### luck. :lol:   

Do you want to get her back? Or are you just going to passively accept this? I doubt you'd follow any advice but there's a better than decent chance you can turn this around.

Do you want to get her back? Or are you just going to passively accept this? I doubt you'd follow any advice but there's a better than decent chance you can turn this around.
I still have feelings for her, but she has been abundantly clear that she just cannot do a relationship right now. As we were in final discussions, I made my feelings known to her in no uncertain terms, and told her that I understood and respected her feelings as well. I think I would come across as needy and/or desperate if I tried to push it right now. We ended on good terms, so that always leaves possibilities open for the future, but I can't hang onto that. I gave her my everything, honestly, and if that's not enough for her, then (a) we're just not a good match or (b) she's truly just not in a place to accept love and be in a serious relationship. Either way, if she's not feeling it, I want to move on to someone who will appreciate what I have to offer. :shrug:  If nothing else, this whole thing taught me that I do want to find someone to share life with again. For a while, I didn't. They say every significant person in your life is there for a reason. Maybe this was her reason for being in my life. Or maybe there'll be another chapter to this tale one day. Either way, I'm grateful for the time I had with her. 

Damn, 2016 strikes again.

:kicksrock:

By wishing the next guy luck it sounds like she may have showed some  :crazy:  behavior.

Do tell.
No, I didn't mean it to sound that way. She just is extremely guarded with her feelings. I think I broke down her barriers and then she wasn't exactly sure how to feel. Defense mechanism kind of thing.  I understand because I was (am) somewhat the same in that regard. 

Users who are viewing this thread