What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eminence 2016 Player Rankings (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
Hello friends,

It's the moment you've all been waiting for, I am releasing to you my 2016 player rankings for absolutely free. These rankings will also be available on my website but for the time being I am offering them to you absolutely free in a handy excel spreadsheet. Print this sheet off and speed your way to your fantasy championship in 2016!

Rankings are based on a 0.5PPR system for optimal balance, so be sure to make adjustments based on your league scoring. Good luck! I will be offering much more content like this FREE throughout the fantasy football season. Stay tuned.

Rankings

Thanks for sharing! Looks good, but I have to ask about the super low Luck ranking. He's behind Cousins, Bortles, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Stafford, AND... Romo?

Thanks for sharing! Looks good, but I have to ask about the super low Luck ranking. He's behind Cousins, Bortles, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Stafford, AND... Romo?
Luck burned me pretty bad last year and I have noticed continued bad judgement with interceptions he throws. I think the league is starting to figure him out and he has no threat of a running game, thus no play-action. You can do much better at the position especially with his lack of weapons.

He lost Fleener and his only proven weapon is TY Hilton who you can scheme away with a speedy defensive back. Skip the headache, Matthew Stafford will probably produce comparably to him. I can't afford my #1 Quarterback to bust and there are plenty of question marks with Luck for me.

I give you credit for putting the work in and sticking with you're feelings on players but I don't care for most of the rankings.  It doesn't matter right now though because we won't know how accurate it will be until the season is over.

Forte over Charles and Miller?

Into the trash it goes.
Charles is coming off an ACL tear so that's a no-brainer. This will be his second ACL tear and he's 29 years old. A back that relies on speed and acceleration with a history of 2 ACL tears, yeah, not going to rely on that guy.

Miller I have little faith in. The guy has gone over 1,000 yards once back in 2014. Matt Forte is a 1,000 yard year-in and year-out type of guy. Forte caught 44 balls in 13-games last year and Miller caught 47 balls in 16 games. Both are entering new teams with new schemes. I'm rolling with the guy (Forte) who has only missed 7 out of a 128 game career versus while touching the ball nearly 300 times compared to a guy like Miller who's never touched the ball more than 254 times in a season.

I'm not sure which I am more surprised by . . . Tom Brady as QB4 or Kirk Cousins as QB6.
Brady threw for 4,770 yards, 36 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions last year with much of his starting cast injured (Edelman 7 games, Gronkowski 1 game). Who can realistically top that and will be more consistent through 16 games? Then we get the addition of Martellus Bennett. I get that he's suspended 4-games, draft a good backup and take DeAngelo Williams early to close the gap you might lose on your backup QB during that time.

It's very hard to lose your season through the first 4-weeks.

Cousins is rated so high because of his lack of a running game and his stacked receiving core. Matt Jones is the bell cow, a guy who hasn't proven anything. Meanwhile Cousins put up a stat line of 4,166, 29 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions last year while missing Desean Jackson for 7 games and Jordan Reed for 2 games. They drafted an absolute stud in Josh Doctson in the first round of this years draft and Kirk Cousins is in a contract year and will be looking to put up some big stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forte is over 30 and on a new team which doesn't usually work out well.  He's also been hurt all preseason.  Not high on him at all right now.

Don't get me wrong, I think Brady is a fine fantasy option, but for him to actually rank as the #4 fantasy QB on the season missing 4 games, he will have to be the #1 fantasy QB by a decent margin the rest of the way after he comes back.

Forte is over 30 and on a new team which doesn't usually work out well.  He's also been hurt all preseason.  Not high on him at all right now.
I know that his playing career is winding down but I feel confident he's got 1-2 years left in him. He will touch the ball a ton and there were reports of him lining up in the slot, catching passes (huge bonus for PPR). He's playing on Saturday against the Giants, we shall see.

I think people are also missing that the Jets paid Bilal Powell almost as much as Forte and that the workload may very well be close to 50/50. IIRC, Forte is only making $250K more than Powell.

I think people are also missing that the Jets paid Bilal Powell almost as much as Forte and that the workload may very well be close to 50/50. IIRC, Forte is only making $250K more than Powell.
I've been taking Bilal as much as possible late in drafts.  I think he offers almost as much upside as Forte but at a fraction of the cost.

Plus add on the potential for a time share to a degree we don't know yet with a similarly paid and younger Powell, along with a just bad career goal line conversion percentage of 29.3% while the NFL average is 47.2%, I'll pass at ADP/auction price.

That's the highest I've seen Maclin anywhere. Care to share your thoughts on him?
Maclin is habitually overrated and I'm not sure why. The guy always put up a streak of monster weeks in a row. His statline last year while missing 1 game:

15 games: 87 catches, 1,088 yards, and 8 touchdowns

If you pro-rate for a 16 game slate, his line becomes an impressive

92 / 1,160 / 8 touchdowns (9 if you round up)

What more do you want from the guy? Those are monster numbers for a guy you can get as a low-end WR1 and potentially WR2. He's got no competition for targets besides Kelce and with there being question marks with about Charles coming back from an ACL he might see more targets. Throw in the Andy Reid connection and he's a pretty safe pick, imo.

Maclin is habitually overrated and I'm not sure why. The guy always put up a streak of monster weeks in a row. His statline last year while missing 1 game:

15 games: 87 catches, 1,088 yards, and 8 touchdowns

If you pro-rate for a 16 game slate, his line becomes an impressive

92 / 1,160 / 8 touchdowns (9 if you round up)

What more do you want from the guy? Those are monster numbers for a guy you can get as a low-end WR1 and potentially WR2. He's got no competition for targets besides Kelce and with there being question marks with about Charles coming back from an ACL he might see more targets. Throw in the Andy Reid connection and he's a pretty safe pick, imo.
I assume you mean underrated?

I kind of agree with you. I'm a Maclin fan. My concern with drafting him too early is that his ceiling is about what his floor is. He'll get you points, but he's not going to get 1500 and 14. I like that kind of guy for my WR 3, but I'd like more upside for my WR 1-2.

I've been taking Bilal as much as possible late in drafts.  I think he offers almost as much upside as Forte but at a fraction of the cost.
Bilal Powell has been a sleeper every year for the past 3-years and it never pans out. He's nothing more than a 3rd down back who might provide value if Forte gets hurt. On 400 career carries he only has 6 runs of more than 20 yards (and he's running out of shotguns, draws) and never had a run longer than 40 yards.

Forte had 4 runs of 20+ yards last year alone on 218 carries.

Bilal Powell has a career reception of 36 yards and has 7 career catches for over 20 yards and no catches for over 40.

Forte had a 38 yard reception last year and besides his rookie season where his long was 19 yards, he's posted longs 34+ year in and year out. He had 4 catches over 20+ yards last year alone.

In PPR, Powell will have value but there's nothing he excels at that Forte doesn't also excel at.

Miller I have little faith in. The guy has gone over 1,000 yards once back in 2014. Matt Forte is a 1,000 yard year-in and year-out type of guy. Forte caught 44 balls in 13-games last year and Miller caught 47 balls in 16 games. Both are entering new teams with new schemes. I'm rolling with the guy (Forte) who has only missed 7 out of a 128 game career versus while touching the ball nearly 300 times compared to a guy like Miller who's never touched the ball more than 254 times in a season.
Think about the red and the blue. You're putting Forte on a pedestal because in the past (i.e. with another team) he touched the ball in the 300 range while dropping Miller because he doesn't get touches (i.e. while with Miami). Miller doesn't call the plays and shouldn't be held accountable for not being able to carry the ball more. It's not like the reason is that he's been injury prone. When he did carry he was VERY efficient (4.5 ypc in 2015 and 5.0 in 2014).

If they were both on the same team as last year I wouldn't be responding. They are both on new teams though and Miller/Forte 2015 vs Miller/Forte 2016 is apples and oranges. Barring an injury there is no way no how that Forte outperforms Miller. 

I assume you mean underrated?

I kind of agree with you. I'm a Maclin fan. My concern with drafting him too early is that his ceiling is about what his floor is. He'll get you points, but he's not going to get 1500 and 14. I like that kind of guy for my WR 3, but I'd like more upside for my WR 1-2.
Yeah, excuse me, lol.

I get what you're saying there and yeah, that's a product of his quarterback situation. His upside is probably around 12 touchdowns and 1,200 yards. Which I don't exactly mind. I can't win games if my WR1 / WR2 put up crap numbers but I can win if they consistently put up decent numbers. He's been pretty healthy too, I like that.

Think about the red and the blue. You're putting Forte on a pedestal because in the past (i.e. with another team) he touched the ball in the 300 range while dropping Miller because he doesn't get touches (i.e. while with Miami). Miller doesn't call the plays and shouldn't be held accountable for not being able to carry the ball more. It's not like the reason is that he's been injury prone. When he did carry he was VERY efficient (4.5 ypc in 2015 and 5.0 in 2014).

If they were both on the same team as last year I wouldn't be responding. They are both on new teams though and Miller/Forte 2015 vs Miller/Forte 2016 is apples and oranges. Barring an injury there is no way no how that Forte outperforms Miller. 
The big point for me is that Forte has proven he can carry the load and be productive. We don't know what Miller will do if given more carries, will he get dinged up and lose explosiveness? There are definitely players that are more effective when given less carries. I don't like using my early picks on unknowns.

I know both Miller and Forte will see a ton of carries, I know how Forte has produced under those conditions and have no sample size for Miller. I'm also not certain how "good" the Houston offense will be this year, not that Miami was any better the past few years but you have to question their Quarterback. I am generally down on Fitzpatrick myself but at least he's proven he can move the chains and may be even more effective with Forte in the loop.

Houston has an unproven Quarterback in Brock Osweiler with a RB who has never seen more than 254 touches in a single season and people are projecting a top-5 finish for Miller. If Osweiler comes out weak and we get a QB carousel, I think it could get ugly. I think Miller will have a decent season, I just don't like all the unknowns that surround him.

I agree with your high ranking of Desean.

I'm not completely sold on Cousins but hard to see Washington not throwing a ton especially early on. He should top 300 yards regularly and Desean should have some monster games this year.

Don't get me wrong, I think Brady is a fine fantasy option, but for him to actually rank as the #4 fantasy QB on the season missing 4 games, he will have to be the #1 fantasy QB by a decent margin the rest of the way after he comes back.
Nah, Brady for 12 games plus someone you can get cheaply (any QB ranked 17-22, for example) for 4 games will have a good shot at finishing in the top 4.  Same reason I won't drop LeVeon Bell very much.  

I stopped reading when I saw Lamar Miller ranked below Matt Forte.
Lamar Miller has never scored more fantasy points than Matt Forte except last year and that was due to injury.

Forte averaged more fantasy points per game last year than Miller. I get that consensus thought is that Miller is about to explode and Forte is about to retire but both those realities are overblown.

Both will have decent seasons, I prefer the guy who gets the job done year after year.

Miller has caught at most 47 passes in one season.

Forte's lowest catches in a season is 44 (twice) and he only played 13 and 15 games those seasons.

Forte has seasons where he's caught 102, 74, and 63 passes.

Lol at this self-centered, me first thinking. I hope you were kidding. Seriously. Everyone knows these rankings go in the trash because Keenan Allen is too low.
You have a really good argument here, for some reason I thought Allen blew out his knee. I had no clue he went on IR for a kidney issue, weird.

Healthy bump for Allen from WR18 to WR9.

squistion said:
And you should have. This is the same keen analysis that is seen from Em in the FFA in which he has predicted there is no way that Trump will lose Florida.
Give me an argument why a guy who has never outproduced Forte in fantasy is now a lock to do so.

Miller has caught at most 47 passes in one season.

Forte's lowest catches in a season is 44 (twice) and he only played 13 and 15 games those seasons.

Forte has seasons where he's caught 102, 74, and 63 passes.
I have a post in the Miller thread you might like. I think it lays out pretty well why Miller is being ranked so high. It's simple numbers.

The reason people are excited for Miller are based on seven numbers.

6 and 9 are where Miller has finished in the RB rankings the last 2 seasons.

781 is the number of RB touches Dolphins RBs have had the last 2 seasons 1044 is the number of RB touches for Houston the last two season. 

0 is the number of games Miller has missed the last three years

25 is his age

4.6 is his lifetime yards per carry

squistion said:
Um...well...gee...

How bout Forte is on the wrong side of 30 and Lamar Miller is 25 years old and was there he could pick and choose and go to the highest bidder as a free agent before he signed with Houston, where he has no real competition for being a three down back (opposed to Forte who has Bilal Powell and Khiry Robinson in the mix for touches).
I don't really see a strong argument here. I don't buy much in age bias and rely more on what I see with my eyes. Forte still has the juice.

I legitimately think Forte will see more touches this season, mainly in the passing game.

Bilal Powell and Robinson are not legitimate threats to Matt Forte.

At least you put some thought in your predictions and stick by them.  At the end of the day predictions are just educated guesses and nobody knows how the season plays out.  Thanks for the post and discussion.

The reason people are excited for Miller are based on seven numbers.

6 and 9 are where Miller has finished in the RB rankings the last 2 seasons.

781 is the number of RB touches Dolphins RBs have had the last 2 seasons 1044 is the number of RB touches for Houston the last two season. 

0 is the number of games Miller has missed the last three years

25 is his age

4.6 is his lifetime yards per carry
Forte finished 12 and 3 the last two seasons. If he didn't miss three games last year, he would have finished as RB3 again.

Jets have ran the ball 955 times the last two seasons.

Forte has missed 3 games the past 3 years. Missed 9 of 129 games.

Forte is 30 and there is a long list of RB who remain productive at that age, although this is an obvious benefit to Miller.

4.1 career average for Forte on 1,397 more carries.

It's much closer than you think, especially when you factor in Matt Forte's pass catching ability.

Will Fuller is way too low
I like his talent but I can win my championship without this guy.

Have no faith in Brock Osweiler who did very little with Sanders and Thomas last year... and Hopkins is a target vacuum.

He's a waiver-wire type guy if Osweiler shows some chemistry with him.

Forte finished 12 and 3 the last two seasons. If he didn't miss three games last year, he would have finished as RB3 again.

Jets have ran the ball 955 times the last two seasons.

Forte has missed 3 games the past 3 years. Missed 9 of 129 games.

Forte is 30 and there is a long list of RB who remain productive at that age, although this is an obvious benefit to Miller.

4.1 career average for Forte on 1,397 more carries.

It's much closer than you think, especially when you factor in Matt Forte's pass catching ability.
The difference is age and Bilal Powell. 

squistion said:
Lamar is an unquestioned #1 starting RB irrespective of format, meanwhile, per an 8-4 Rotoworld entry.:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4685/matt-forte

Matt Forte (hamstring) returned to Jets practice on Tuesday.

Forte ended up being sidelined four days. Now 30, Forte missed three games with knee issues last season. Part of a committee for Gang Green, Forte is a borderline RB2 currently being drafted as a borderline RB1.
If you rely on him as your RB1, you're going to be ripping your hair out.

(Games where he had 10+ carries)

1.3 ypc (13)

4.1 ypc (10)

5.9 ypc (19)*

12.5 ypc (14)

3.7 ypc (12)

2.7 ypc (16)

5.6 ypc (20)

7.4 ypc (12)

2.1 ypc (15)

3.2 ypc (19)

*against Houston, probably why they paid him, lol.

Those are some extremely boom or bust numbers. 1.3, 2.7, 2.1, and 3.2 ypc is awful. You run the same analysis with Forte:

2.9, 2,9, and 3.6 are his lowest ypc. Every other game he has a 3.9 to 5.6 ypc.

Don't trust Rotoworld, lol. Trust me on this one.

The difference is age and Bilal Powell. 
Age is pretty meaningless, imo. Forte's career average is 4.2 ypc and he ran for 4.1 ypc last year. I am from Chicago, watched many Bears games he still has the juice.

In 10 games with 10+ carries Miller went over 4ypc 5 times (50%).

In 12 games with 10+ carries Forte went over 4ypc 7 times (58.3%) of the time. If you include his 8 carry game and assume he got stuffed two more times, it puts him at 75% over 4 ypc.

I'm just not worried about Bilal (I run from under shotgun) Powell.

squistion said:
And you should have. This is the same keen analysis that is seen from Em in the FFA in which he has predicted there is no way that Trump will lose Florida.
Get your political bull#### out of the shark pool notebook keeper.  

squistion said:
Correlation is there. If you are clueless about one subject you claim to be an expert on, it stands to reason you are also clueless about another in which you claim expertise. :shrug:
Doesn't matter.  You are way too invested in a cesspool either way.

LOL.  Not really, but think whatever you want Mr. Busy Bee.  I am not "invested" in the BS crap you throw all over these boards.  So fling your poo wherever you want.  

squistion said:
I can feel comfortable saying that if both play all season uninjured (which in itself is doubtful with Forte) you will be embarrassed by the prediction of Forte besting Miller (which pretty much all the experts, hands down, disagree with).

I can only hope in my redraft league, that the top two running backs left on the board are Forte and Miller and someone following your rankings is picking right before me.
Dude, 32.7% of all of Miller's rushing yards came in two-games. 28.7% of all his fantasy points came in those same 2 games.

He has a 3.62 ypc in all other games from last season and an 8.72 ypc in those two games.

He averaged 9.675 fantasy points in all other games and 27.25 points per game in those two games.

I don't need my RB1 ####ting the bed for three weeks then exploding the fourth week. I don't doubt based on volume he'll have a nice little season but I can't have my RB1 putting up 28.7% of his points in two-games.

I know based on his touches there's reasons for that but he is extremely boom and bust... and is a complete unknown only logging at best 254 touches in a season. The lowest Forte has ever seen is 262 (due to injury).

BTW EM, thanks for your rankings, I could care less about the political agenda in the FFA even though I don't agree with your positions.

LOL.  Not really, but think whatever you want Mr. Busy Bee.  I am not "invested" in the BS crap you throw all over these boards.  So fling your poo wherever you want.  
Translation: I don't deny this is one of my many alias accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread