What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Guys.

This is long. So please get the :popcorn: and hang with me. 

Here's the Cliff Notes version:  

I screwed up trying to replace the 2015 version of MyFBG with a new version of MyFBG we called MyFootballguys. 

That's on me and I apologize.

The good news is: I think we have a way to bring the original MyFBG back to life.

One point for clarification, I'm going to call the MyFBG you know and we've had for a while - MyFBG Classic. The new version of MyFBG, I'm going to call New MyFootballguys. Just so we're all clear. 

This thread is going to be all about getting MyFBG Classic that you're familiar with back in your hands.

If that's something you're interested in, please read on as I need your help. If you're not interested in having the original MyFBG back, or you'd rather just tell me how stupid I / we are, please do that somewhere else. I think a ton of people want this feature back and if we pull together here in this thread, I think we can make it happen.

Here's what i need you to do. 

Go to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg-dev/my.php

Follow the instructions and try to look at it from the eyes of a returning FBG customer. You hit up FBG in August and you’re ready to hit your favorite feature - MyFBG. See how the experience goes for you from connecting to the cloud to linking to a league to viewing the cheatsheets and everything else. Things like do your leagues show up and pretty much everything else.

We need to know five things. I'll ask you to play around with it and then email myfbg-sync@footballguys.com and let us know these things:

1. Is anything broken?   (Broken, as in error messages. Not broken as in, "it'd be cool if we could...")

2. Are the instructions for getting started clear?

3. Did your league settings import properly? If your league has drafted, are the rosters color coded appropriately?

4. Do things look right? Meaning it's not showing Blair Walsh as the #1 kicker or Cam Newton as the #1 overall pick. Stuff like that.

5. Your login and password to access Footballguys.com

It's ok to post those answers to questions 1-4 here in this thread. But by far, the fastest way to help is to email those answers to  

myfbg-sync@footballguys.com email.  We've got some organization tools to help our guys sort and get things fixed as quickly as possible.

A couple of thoughts:

1. We want to get this working as badly as you do. So please help us and be as descriptive as possible on trouble you're seeing. We already know we screwed up. 

2. We'll read everything you send but it may not get a reply. Because you don't hear from us or we don't answer here in the thread, it does not mean we're not on it. Please don't be offended or think we're not paying attention if we don't reply back. It's been killing me to read the other thread and not be able to let you know this was what we're working on as I wasn't sure we could do it. I didn't want to promise something I didn't think we could deliver. This is our priority to get this going for you guys.

3. Thanks. I completely absolutely get it that the reason people are upset over not having MyFBG Classic is because you like the product. It's not fun to have people upset, but I understand it's a compliment. I get it that if you didn't love the product, you wouldn't care. So thank you for that. And thank you for being part of Footballguys. We don't have a business with people like you guys. 

So that's it. I screwed up and I apologize. But I think we have an answer to get this back to what you guys want.

But with such a huge range of leagues and variables, it's tricky and we need your help. If that's something you're up for, I'd appreciate. And thanks to the guys who've already helped me on this as well.

Thanks. Have at it.

J

Thanks!

My first issue is it only brought in the first of the three leagues that I have listed 

Try closing tabs and reopening then syncing again. That did it for me.
Thanks gian. That's exactly the kind of thing that helps us all get this going. 

If you guys see someone post an issue and you think you know how to solve it or have an idea on it, please share here. Thank you guys. 

J

Joe, I've got a question that this thread may be the best place for:

You and the staff of FBG are having a meeting in a warehouse when anearthquake occurs. You are trapped indefinitely with access to fresh water but no food. Which FBG        staff member would you vote to eat first?

You and the staff of FBG are having a meeting in a warehouse when anearthquake occurs. You are trapped indefinitely with access to fresh water but no food. Which FBG        staff member would you vote to eat first?
Probably Tefertiller. He's the tallest. 

Now you guys get back to helping us fix MyFBG Classic.

J

I was unable to get step 3 to work in Safari. 

Tried again in Chrome and it worked.   :wub:
I can't get step 3 to work in Safari either...will try chrome soon.

thanks a lot for this, but I will also continue to use the new my footballers too.

Step 3 I get this message: "please setup your account on the new MyFootballguys"

Will try closing tabs.
First off.  Joe, Thank you communicating and doing all this.  It goes a long way!

Im having the same issue as quoted above.  Trying closing tabs and no luck.  Doing is on an iPad 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this thread is being monitored.  I have an issue that has been bugging me since the upgrade.

If I am in the forums.

Now I go to the top to click HOME ARTICLES COMMUNITY CONTESTS ... etc toolbar.

When you hover over the item (NEWS for example)

You then can't see the pop up of all the link to click.  It's blocked out by Forum Search/Activity/Browse Header.

I have to go to FBG home to use the main toolbar

Looks like I still have to manually load my rosters and leagues vs. Auto synch like we used to have by inputting our CBS league URL and password. 

Is this also going to lead back to the ability to sort the highlight dynasty/redraft rankings according to our leagues' rosters/free agents?

Since this thread is being monitored.  I have an issue that has been bugging me since the upgrade.

If I am in the forums.

You then can't see the pop up of all the link to click.  It's blocked out by Forum Search/Activity/Browse Header.

Thanks Bell. Let us focus on the MyFBG and then we'll get to this. I think this is a skin thing with the forums.

J

Kudos for starting a new topic, much needed!

my leagues linked so I'm good there  we were forced to draft early so already done.

General interface is difficult. Still a couple weeks before live bullets so I'm patient enough to wait those out. 

Bringing back the old myfbg to run parallel will I believe fix 99% of frustrations. 

If I am in the forums.

Temporary work around, if you make your browser narrow enough that the "Create", the notification bell, mail icon, and your name disappear, it stops happening, at least for me on Firefox.

Kudos for starting a new topic, much needed!

my leagues linked so I'm good there  we were forced to draft early so already done.

General interface is difficult. Still a couple weeks before live bullets so I'm patient enough to wait those out. 

Bringing back the old myfbg to run parallel will I believe fix 99% of frustrations. 
It is the old MyFBG. Did you follow all the directions on the link?

Question for you folks that have had trouble with Step 3 where it tells you to set up an account at MyFootballguys - Were you using safari as the browser?

If so, does it work if you try chrome or another browser?

Thanks.

I can't get step 3 to work in Safari either...will try chrome soon.

thanks a lot for this, but I will also continue to use the new my footballers too.
Thanks Battlestar. Please let me know if trying Chrome fixes it for you. I think we're close to solving this part. 

Thanks.

J

Question for you folks that have had trouble with Step 3 where it tells you to set up an account at MyFootballguys - Were you using safari as the browser?

If so, does it work if you try chrome or another browser?

Thanks.
I couldn't get it to work with Safari on my iPad.   Went to my laptop and it worked from Chrome

First off.  Joe, Thank you communicating and doing all this.  It goes a long way!

Im having the same issue as quoted above.  Trying closing tabs and no luck.  Doing is on an iPad 2
Hi dk,

On the ipad 2, what browser are you using? If Safari, can you try something other than Safari?

J

How do you Sync your leagues? Where is the button? On Main or Classic? Thank you!

Also Joe, when do you expect the import league feature to be functional?

I have loading issues. Sometimes it loads fine, other times not at all. Sometimes happens within minutes of it loading properly.

Would really like classic back.

How do you Sync your leagues? Where is the button? On Main or Classic? Thank you!

Also Joe, when do you expect the import league feature to be functional?
Try following the instructions in the first post and see how it goes for you. It is working now for most users. We are having trouble with safari browsers this second so use another browser if you can.

J

That looks way better. Thanks guys for owning it and getting after a solution.

I'm still curious why all of the discussion of this seems limited to the message board and individual messages/emails. I believe the entire subscriber group deserves and would appreciate some updates. 

I have loading issues. Sometimes it loads fine, other times not at all. Sometimes happens within minutes of it loading properly.

Would really like classic back.
Again, the classic is there and working. Did you follow the instructions from the link above?  The classic page works like it used to. It's just a matter of having it sync once from the cloud page. If it doesn't, you can still manually load your team and it will work.  But that first link is the classic page if you just scroll down.

That looks way better. Thanks guys for owning it and getting after a solution.

I'm still curious why all of the discussion of this seems limited to the message board and individual messages/emails. I believe the entire subscriber group deserves and would appreciate some updates. 
Sure Houston. But we want to get things working smoothly first. Right now, we clearly still have some things to work through like the Safari problem. I want to get those types of things straight and then we'll call out to the entire group.

J

Try following the instructions in the first post and see how it goes for you. It is working now for most users. We are having trouble with safari browsers this second so use another browser if you can.

J
Thanks for the help, it's coming along. I have synced with MFL, however it shows all players as a free agent. 

Joe....I'm in heaven again.  Followed the instructions in the first post (made easier since I had done the cloud thing already) and MyFBG classic is back!  Using Chrome on Win 7 by the way., 4 MFL leagues.

MyFBG Classic may be "ugly" but it is all anyone needs.  It's compact (HUGE difference from the new one), fast, accurate, easy to read, team/free agent highlighting that is easy to see and so on.  Also so easy to change what you're looking at with drop downs and oneclick.   Everything the mobile/new Footballguys app is not.  

Really appreciate you getting this back up and running.  I was seriously looking around at other alternatives.

FYI that Fantasy Sharks has their version working pretty well too.  May want to peak at what they are doing.  The biggest thing is that they can sync scoring system and starter min/max with MFL.  Dunno if it's due to something special they have going on with MFL or if it's available via the dev API that you can use too.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help, it's coming along. I have synced with MFL, however it shows all players as a free agent. 
Update: once you enter your league id and password, you don't just click "done" there is a button near the top of the pop up you need to press. 

Thanks Battlestar. Please let me know if trying Chrome fixes it for you. I think we're close to solving this part. 

Thanks.

J
Hey Joe,

Using chrome worked to sync up my leagues, but the scoring isn 't coming over cleanly.  I am still working through the differences in scoring and ranks between the new and classic Myfbg's to see if i can help figure out what's up.

I have been testing this since yesterday and I can say they fixed a lot between now and then.  The instructions are spot on and yes, you have to synch your Cloud rosters first, but then Classic interface queries against that instead of synching directly from the league sites.

The only caveat I saw was that when rosters changed (trades, waivers, cuts) you can't use the Step ∞ to update them, you have to go back to http://my.footballguys.com/#landing (Step 1) and re-synch them then re-do step 4.

Ok,

I am using chrome, i have two leagues synched from MFL.  Rosters seem to have come over well, scoring has not for either league.  Is there a way that i can check the scoring on the (new) classic view to see what the scoring differences are?

Thanks Joe for listening to us and making it right. In all honesty the classic MyFBG is the main reason I have signed up for the multi year subscription.

I have been testing this since yesterday and I can say they fixed a lot between now and then.  The instructions are spot on and yes, you have to synch your Cloud rosters first, but then Classic interface queries against that instead of synching directly from the league sites.

The only caveat I saw was that when rosters changed (trades, waivers, cuts) you can't use the Step ∞ to update them, you have to go back to http://my.footballguys.com/#landing (Step 1) and re-synch them then re-do step 4.

This is the only thing I can't get to work.  I have one league where waivers ran this morning.  The new roster is at the the my.footballguys link in Step 1 so I know that's correct.  But Step 4 and the Sync Rosters link below it is NOT updating the roster on the projections page.  Am I missing something?

This is the only thing I can't get to work.  I have one league where waivers ran this morning.  The new roster is at the the my.footballguys link in Step 1 so I know that's correct.  But Step 4 and the Sync Rosters link below it is NOT updating the roster on the projections page.  Am I missing something?
Maybe Step 3

Try closing all tabs and browser and try again.
If that works then it's a caching issue and using CTRL+F5 is much faster for that result.

Step 3 did the trick.  Thanks man
Excellent.  Sorry, I must have gotten them mixed up, I have been trying a bunch of new things, going so far as to doing bogus transactions in my league that I had to keep track of and eventually will have to go in and reverse. My owners must think I'm nuts.

Willing to bet that Sigmund would volunteer.

Just followed the steps above, and am having a few issues:

1. 1st time syncing (on a Mac using Chrome) the rankings didn't match the same rankings on the new "MyFootballguys" 
  2. the rankings themselves are ALL messed up. 1st time synced (all with only Henry as the source) the 1st 8 picks were all RB's.
  3. 2nd time i tried (and has been this way ever since) the top 3 picks are all QB's...but those QB's are: Big Ben, Luck, & Brees (different order on both classic & new version)
  4. now I look at my DD app on my iPhone and the rankings there are messed up too now... Aaron Rodgers #1 overall???

i'm honestly at a loss

Users who are viewing this thread