What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Thanks I tried that, i may end up emailing. I live in a techy world and it's still not happening. On the positive side it did let me delete ghost names like Jabar Gaffney from like 8 years ago... I will keep at it.
For sure please email if you can and let our guys know in detail what's happening for you. It feels like we're really close. Thanks for the help.

J

For sure please email if you can and let our guys know in detail what's happening for you. It feels like we're really close. Thanks for the help.

J
Thanks, I think I synced in my first team. I see the highlighting will be coming back to the rankings.

I also think I need to hop around the DD. It's confusing but maybe just because it changed, I wasn't really able to use it for my draft today, I did not expect the changes. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Worked fine Joe.    But darn it, no IDP contest like the guys had a few years ago  :(   ;)

Link to the MFL team that I have was spot on, as our draft was Saturday.

followed the new steps above and it works for the most part, but still noticing a few discrepancies/ issues:

1. as mentioned above the "classic" seems to be EXTREMELY RB heavy...to the extent that the 1st 8 players, 10 of the 1st 12, & 15 of the 1st 18 players are all RB's. My league is not PPR... but c'mon, that can't be accurate. 
  2. Somewhat on the same note as above, the New MyFBG & the "classic" seem to differ fairly significantly. I know there's different algerythms, but still seems a bit much
  3. In the past, i could sync with multiple CBS/ESPN accounts, but when I try now, it's saying that i'm only able to synce with 1 account
If you have some insight into the above, i'd greatly appreciate the response

All things considered though, the new option is MUCH better. 

Cheers!

I'm a little late to this party, but I just linked (and un-linked, and re-linked, just to be sure) my league, and I don't see any problems.  Everything looks legit.  My league hasn't drafted yet, so there's no rosters to double check, but it doesn't look like there will be any more problems.  I'll keep digging into it tomorrow at work during my free time.

Thanks for what looks to be another great product.

followed the new steps above and it works for the most part, but still noticing a few discrepancies/ issues:

1. as mentioned above the "classic" seems to be EXTREMELY RB heavy...to the extent that the 1st 8 players, 10 of the 1st 12, & 15 of the 1st 18 players are all RB's. My league is not PPR... but c'mon, that can't be accurate. 
  2. Somewhat on the same note as above, the New MyFBG & the "classic" seem to differ fairly significantly. I know there's different algerythms, but still seems a bit much
  3. In the past, i could sync with multiple CBS/ESPN accounts, but when I try now, it's saying that i'm only able to synce with 1 account
If you have some insight into the above, i'd greatly appreciate the response

All things considered though, the new option is MUCH better. 

Cheers!
Thanks. Can you please make sure to email to our myfbg-sync@footballguys.com  with as much detail as possible? Thanks.

J

Thanks. Can you please make sure to email to our myfbg-sync@footballguys.com  with as much detail as possible? Thanks.

J
I actually sent an email back on the 25th (before this latest update obviously), but hadn't received a response. I'll reply to that one with the latest info that i posted above. 

Cheers

Everything working great with the new update.  In fact I used the Classic to do some waivers in two leagues that just drafted this weekend.  I picked up a guy, went back to the Admin page and synced that league again and my roster updated with that transaction.  I have what I need to get thru the season.  Thanks!

Four MFL leagues, one has two 12 team conferences with 24 teams.

How do you classify IDP positions?   I have seen three DB's so far classified inconsistently with how my league (MFL) classifies them.   If I'm searching for safeties I don't want to see guys that are actually CB in my league pop up, we treat those as separate positions in this one.

When I try importing all I get is an error message stating "Couldn't connect to MyFBG"

I do like the new interface somewhat. It just needs to have all the same features such as My Player News.

Kicker rankings are crazy.  In the Personalized Rankings I see rankings for Gostkowsky, Gano and Crosby at #67, #71 and #78 overall. In MyBFG classic they are ranked #162, #166 and #167.  I picked Standard scoring for both.

Imported an ESPN league and I see the correct guys if I go to Edit My Leagues -> Teams and Rosters.  If I go to Lineup Coach, it will show no players.  Then go to Personalized Rankings, then back to Lineup Coach and it will show some players correctly from my imported team but other players that are just wrong (I swear I didn't draft Romo last night! ). Other players are just missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email with a lot of suggestions/usability items, but the big error was players showing up in lineup coach that weren't on my roster.  This happened in all 3 of my leagues, ESPN, MFL and Yahoo.

The other was pretty minor, Daily Updates was two days behind.

Kicker rankings are crazy.  In the Personalized Rankings I see rankings for Gostkowsky, Gano and Crosby at #67, #71 and #78 overall. In MyBFG classic they are ranked #162, #166 and #167.  I picked Standard scoring for both.

Imported an ESPN league and I see the correct guys if I go to Edit My Leagues -> Teams and Rosters.  If I go to Lineup Coach, it will show no players.  Then go to Personalized Rankings, then back to Lineup Coach and it will show some players correctly from my imported team but other players that are just wrong (I swear I didn't draft Romo last night! ). Other players are just missing.
I reported the same thing.  Was Romo grayed out?  If so, that means he is a free agent that is projected higher than your current choice (clearly projections haven't been updated, lol).  I think this is VERY unclear and gave my suggestions to Doug on that.

ETA, just ignore everything I've said, since I can't read basic instructions that I was supposed to be looking classic myfbg.

So I'm not understanding the predictive scoring for week 1. I've imported my league scoring and confirmed it's in there correctly, but still not adding up. Example is Todd Gurley.

Our scoring is 1 pt for 10 yards, 5 bonus for 100 yards, 1 pt per reception, 1 pt per 10 yards receiving, 6 pts per td

That tells me Gurley should be projected for 19.6 points for week 1, but the weekly points show as 22.1. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks as always!

Am I doing something wrong? I click Forecast- Dynasty and then see the staff rankings, I want to see my players highlighted based off my CBS league.

Am I the only one who has no idea how to get any of the leagues to sync. Only could get one of my leagues to sink and have had no luck with FFPC. Also, will you have a link for Scout leagues?

Whenever I try to link one of my leagues all of them will populate but then it just freezes on linking league when I click on it. Any good solution?

FFrookie:  My 4 leagues were freezing up when I used Internet Explorer.

Then, I switched over to try it in Chrome and it worked and synched up........then switched back to Internet Explorer and hit Refresh....the synch showed up in Internet Explorer and i'm all good now with either browser.

So noticed something interesting.

Had a draft last night and was going off the VBD Excel App and the Draft Lists. The Draft Lists from Dodds, Maurile, Bob, and Jason all have Tom Brady in the top 10. Yet, when I go and look at the Projections and use Rate My Team, everything has Brady as barely a Top 20 QB. Why would the Draft List tell me he's a Top 10 QB to grab, but then the Projections and Rate My Team say he's barely rosterable as a QB2? I get the suspension, but if the Projections don't have him in the Top 10, then why would VBD tell me to take him there?

Finally got the New MyFBG to import my league, but for some reason it will only import team name data from the first 12 teams.

Also, there really should be more league personalized (team player news) info beyond simply rankings and lineup advice.

So noticed something interesting.

Had a draft last night and was going off the VBD Excel App and the Draft Lists. The Draft Lists from Dodds, Maurile, Bob, and Jason all have Tom Brady in the top 10. Yet, when I go and look at the Projections and use Rate My Team, everything has Brady as barely a Top 20 QB. Why would the Draft List tell me he's a Top 10 QB to grab, but then the Projections and Rate My Team say he's barely rosterable as a QB2? I get the suspension, but if the Projections don't have him in the Top 10, then why would VBD tell me to take him there?
Because projections never tell the whole story.  Rankings are almost always different from just a ranked listing of projections.  Projections are just raw numbers but don't take into account other factors, least which is how you feel about a guy one way or another.  My only suggestion is to never just follow a pure projections list or ranking list.  But that is for another thread.

By the way, I would rank Brady as a top 10 as well because once he comes back he's a Top 5 QB most likely. But the suspension will obviously hurt his overall projection numbers and drop him quite a ways.  This is the perfect example what I just said, which is to not blindly go by a projections list (or ranking for that matter).

Finally got the New MyFBG to import my league, but for some reason it will only import team name data from the first 12 teams.

Also, there really should be more league personalized (team player news) info beyond simply rankings and lineup advice.
The future plans for the the new MyFBG include having both articles and news filtered to your team(s).

How long does it take to "sync"? I've had that message for 3 days now,can't get back to "classic" when I click that button.

Any suggestions? Other than blowing up the newMyFBG?

Didn't see this issue posted in the thread.  

Linked my ESPN league, checked the scoring and all the bonuses for 400 yards passing, 200 yards rushing etc are all zero.  They have values on ESPN, but not in my.footballguys.com

Also, my one yahoo league has negative points for missed extra points and FG's.  There are also listed as zero, missing PPR points =1

ETA, Kick Return and Punt Return TD's are set to 6 in the site, but zero in myfbg.

Also points for sacks taken by QB, site has -1, myfbg has zero.

Now I'm seeing MyFBG classic all screwed up.  If I pick the league I had set up already, Antonio Brown has a projected points for the year at over 100,000.  So I delete my league, re-import from ESPN and none of the scoring is right. For example, ours is a PPR league and it's showing zero for points per reception. Plus, that re-imported league is not showing up in MyFBG classic. 

I am really frustrated.  It's unbelievable that you guys are screwing around with this the final week that guys are drafting. Now I can't trust any of the rankings from either classic or cloud. 

Didn't see this issue posted in the thread.  

Linked my ESPN league, checked the scoring and all the bonuses for 400 yards passing, 200 yards rushing etc are all zero.  They have values on ESPN, but not in my.footballguys.com

Also, my one yahoo league has negative points for missed extra points and FG's.  There are also listed as zero, missing PPR points =1

ETA, Kick Return and Punt Return TD's are set to 6 in the site, but zero in myfbg.

Also points for sacks taken by QB, site has -1, myfbg has zero.
At this point in time we are not importing scoring settings for new leagues, but it something we hope to have next year.  As of right now we are just importing teams and rosters.

Ok I understand why the rankings i get from Draft Dominator on my Ipad or laptop both which match no problem there, do not reflect what I get at the MyFBG admin page where my teams are listed and I can select CREATE CUSTOMIZED DRAFT LIST (PRESEASON) for my standard yahoo league, select David or Bob etc..  Im aware its an algorhythm thing.  My question is which one is right?  David has Gurley and Johnson at 1 and 2 on the webpage but in dominator  its Antonio and Julio.  Which tool should I be using?  I might be splitting hairs but I think the reason most people are in here is because, we split hairs.  Appreciate all the hard work on the APP, data and podcasts I love them.  Won my first championship last year after coming close so many times.  Thank you guys.

How long does it take to "sync"? I've had that message for 3 days now,can't get back to "classic" when I click that button.

Any suggestions? Other than blowing up the newMyFBG?
Any ideas on why I'm still "syncing"? Literally. I'm not real computer literate. Any help out there?

How can I get back to "classic". Right now MyFbg is useless to me. Not whining,just looking for advice or help,thanks :loco:

Any ideas on why I'm still "syncing"? Literally. I'm not real computer literate. Any help out there?

How can I get back to "classic". Right now MyFbg is useless to me. Not whining,just looking for advice or help,thanks :loco:
I'm not sure why you would be having the sync issue but your best bet of getting it fixed is to email myfbg-sync@footballguys.com.

Rubi- I had the exact same issue. What I found out from experimenting is that you cant seem to sync in internet explorer. I switched to Google Chrome and then had no issues in syncing leagues. No idea why though.

We were in fact having problems syncing in IE, I believe this have been resolved, however if you are "stuck" in the syncing process I recommend emailing the address I posted above as they are the best people to advise you on the issue.

Rubi- I had the exact same issue. What I found out from experimenting is that you cant seem to sync in internet explorer. I switched to Google Chrome and then had no issues in syncing leagues. No idea why though.
same on firefox, it's working as of last night. i haven't tried it on IE, but even on Firefox it wasn't working a few days ago, but it's up and running now.

I can't seem to log in to the new myfbg.  It tells me my email or password are wrong but it lets me log into the rest of the site just fine.

Got in with a different browser but 2 of 3 teams are gone and the one that's left has no roster,just a name.

I trust the site to get things right but as of now the new MyFBG is useless to me.

Wow, this is really messed up.  By the time my data gets over to football guys I can just go to the site where the data is.

Not worth the time.

This isn't about the new MyFBG. Use the MyFBG Classic. It's everything you were used to from the previous seasons.

Domenic Roti said:
At this point in time we are not importing scoring settings for new leagues, but it something we hope to have next year.  As of right now we are just importing teams and rosters.
Thanks for the info.  It did import a bunch of the scoring settings, just not these.  Weird.

My sync didn't work properly so I unlinked my league, then re-linked and the sync worked.

I did this first for the new MyFBGs then had to do it second time for Classic.

(MacBook, Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116)

Users who are viewing this thread