What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (1 Viewer)

My sync didn't work properly so I unlinked my league, then re-linked and the sync worked.

I did this first for the new MyFBGs then had to do it second time for Classic.

(MacBook, Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116)
How did you go about doing that.   Mine is stuck on "syncing"

Can't we just go back to MyFBG Classic? Nothing works at this point, nothing I click on in the new MyFBG seems to work.

Any update on this?   The features aren't working.  I have two money drafts this weekend.  This is frustrating...

Defensive Backs are not an option to select in the drop down for create customized draft list and there are no DBs listed in the all results.

The cloud version just gives tons of errors and crashes and nothing works in I.E.  I also sent all this over to the email, but guess nothing will be fixed until after all my drafts have completed.  This was one one my favorite features that I can't use in preparing for my drafts.

So far Classic I see I've synced up 6 MFL teams and team six won't show my players highlighted. It works for the other 5 teams. I've unsynced and resynced the team. How,do,u fix this?

Tried that....."syncing".....been syncing for 4 days so classic shows little or nothing. I'm "sinking". :wall:
O.K. Found a solution,I use IE

After "syncing" forever and then "sinking" even more,I shut down my computer,

went out of town for the day,had some fun,came home,restarted,and it "synced"!

Might not work for everyone,but at least you'll get out of the house and have some "fun"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Issue that just started.

Teams are synced. Look ok.

But when I go into Dynasty Rankings. Select only TE.  Then highlight my team.  It highlights almost everyone

Not sure if this is a new issue, but imported my teams using newMyFBG from Yahoo, and it did not properly import our roster requirements.  The 10 second primer seems to think we start 3 WR required, but we only have 2 required (then flex).

I was using Google Chrome browser in Windows to get the synch, and it did so quickly with Yahoo leagues, including very quick/easy verification of allowing the synch.   Only issue, as mentioned, was starting roster requirements seems to be wrong.

Finally found this message stream.  Hitting "MyFBG classic" brings up a page stating  - ....new system in place.  The only option is "click this link". 

That link leads to a page with "Import MyFBG Leagues" ->  nothing happens

"Go back to MyFBG Classic" ->  Nothing happens

"+ add League" -> pop up asks for name of league.  I enter league name and hit "OK" ->  popup goes away, nothing else happens.

Everything seemed to be working smoothly. I got all 3 of my leagues synced, the rosters were all loaded correctly, and I entered my scoring rules for each league. However, when I try to do the weekly projections, it ignores my leagues' scoring systems and uses the standard FBG scoring every time instead. Every one of my leagues uses a very different scoring system but the player projections are the exact same for each league. 

... Still cannot get an MFL League to Sync.  Terribly frustrating.  

If i have to send an email to get assistance it will be for the full refund... this is crazy.

I do look forward to more emails to let me know if pending increased pricing, and all of these other contests I should join... Those seem to be working fine.

So noticed something interesting.

Had a draft last night and was going off the VBD Excel App and the Draft Lists. The Draft Lists from Dodds, Maurile, Bob, and Jason all have Tom Brady in the top 10. Yet, when I go and look at the Projections and use Rate My Team, everything has Brady as barely a Top 20 QB. Why would the Draft List tell me he's a Top 10 QB to grab, but then the Projections and Rate My Team say he's barely rosterable as a QB2? I get the suspension, but if the Projections don't have him in the Top 10, then why would VBD tell me to take him there?
A guy who throws for 150 yards a game for 16 games will have the exact same yardage projection as a guy who throws for 300 yards a game for 8 games (and sits out the other eight).

But the second guy is way more valuable. (You don't have to take a zero for the games he misses. You can play a backup. So you get more total points from the second guy plus a backup than you do from the first guy.)

That's why Tom Brady's ranking is better than his projections would superficially indicate.

black dot for when this finally gets fixed... hopefully before week 1 :(

:blackdot:

I haven't had any luck whatsoever.   Initial sync won't even run.   I don't understand what was wrong with the way it worked in the past.

Okay I got it to work, at least my teams have made it to the blue page so I can edit my leagues.   Hopefully the rest will work.   It is syncing again.

The help section says to use Chrome but it would not sync in Chrome.   I switched to IE and it worked right away.

Well so much for that, my leagues disappeared.

I am honestly tired of troubleshooting this feature. Football guys, this will be my last year paying you. Its Sunday morning and this feature is still broken for me. I cannot for the life of me understand the thought process associated with tweaking the most useful feature on your site during prime draft season, and still not have it fixed on opening Sunday. 

Cloud keeps timing out and won't sync my leagues. Would be great if this works before waiver bids tomorrow night. Can't see updated rosters.

As a long time user of football guys, I'm disappointed that you felt the need to jump on the cloud bandwagon.  What has made football guys great was the no frills interface with all of the work put into the necessary data we need to make decisions.  It worked on all devices and browsers iOS and android, mac/ pc etc.  Before the resynch was one or two clicks away.  Now I have to click on having trouble syncing or setting up league, click my rosters have changed how do i resynch, use this link to go to the new system, wait for the cloud to open up, most likely because you purchased cloud time where someone told you that it would be run by a hypervisor that would automatically give you more server space/resources when needed, they are almost always slower than a regular site and wait for the link to hopefully open up.  If i am lucky enough to get it open, I click login, enter user information again, then muddle around to get it to sync again.  I suggest you take a timer and start it when you start the process and it will quickly become apparent that this process needs a complete overhaul.

This is far too much time and effort to get the rosters to synch, it's not ready for prime time.  Enough footballguys default back to the original layout, it should be there somewhere on the server. 

Why can't we sinc up our NFFC league's this year?  It was available last year but this year you guys decided to drop it?  Very disappointing....

@Joe 8ryant please get this cloud thing fixed. Can't use Bloom's waiver wire until I can resync my rosters. I've been trying to be optimistic about this but am losing my patience with this ordeal. Thank you.

@Joe Bryant what's going on with the site in general now? Nothing seems to load and now i'm getting the below error message:

Warning: fopen(http://cdn.footballguys.com/site/2013/content-img/players/webpics/RyanMa00_H.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/apps/article.php on line 129

Along with everyone else, I think i've been extremely patient, but this is really starting to get ridiculous.  

@Joe Bryant

please get this cloud thing fixed. Can't use Bloom's waiver wire until I can resync my rosters. I've been trying to be optimistic about this but am losing my patience with this ordeal. Thank you.

@Joe Bryant

please get this cloud thing fixed. Can't use Bloom's waiver wire until I can resync my rosters. I've been trying to be optimistic about this but am losing my patience with this ordeal. Thank you.
My leagues were synched fine and now Bloom's waiver wire is telling me Jordan Mattews, Snead and Hyde are available even though there were drafted. :rolleyes:   

Really horrible. It's the only thing I use and it's fubar. It did work for 1 week and now broke again in Chrome.

I think I'm asking for a refund this time

And I've been a 10 year subscriber

The worst part is this used to work just fine behind my firewall. Now it gets all messed up and I can only browse on my phone

I can't even seem to log in anymore.  Anybody else having that same issue?  I type in my info and the wheel basically spins and times out every time.

Hey Guys.

This is long. So please get the :popcorn: and hang with me. 

Here's the Cliff Notes version:  

I screwed up trying to replace the 2015 version of MyFBG with a new version of MyFBG we called MyFootballguys. 

That's on me and I apologize.

The good news is: I think we have a way to bring the original MyFBG back to life.

One point for clarification, I'm going to call the MyFBG you know and we've had for a while - MyFBG Classic. The new version of MyFBG, I'm going to call New MyFootballguys. Just so we're all clear. 

This thread is going to be all about getting MyFBG Classic that you're familiar with back in your hands.

[ Dozens of steps describing often-non-functioning workarounds guaranteed to frustrate your users. ]

Thanks. Have at it.

J
This 'solution' is decidedly NOT all about "Bringing Back The Old MyFBG".

This is an abomination.

This is not the old MyFBG.  

No matter how hard one tries, it cannot be.

Because it doesn't work.  It is not persistent.  It is a flaming pile of non-workitude.

The MyFBGs feature was my first and often only target on the site for years.  It integrated my teams in to the FBGs rankings. I could see the free agents in my leagues. It knew my leagues' scoring systems.  It knew my league's roster requirements.  It knew my leagues.

Now, it has alzheimer's.  It is a frustrating pile of making me not want to even try using Footballguys anymore.

I get enough of this aggravation at work.

MyFBGs used to work.  It used to be a pleasure to use.

Now, it is just workaround, workaround, pray.

I believe the entire Cloud Shim needs to be abandoned or MyFBG Classic will never work.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be abandoned.  

As such, I fear the best feature of the Footballguys site will join Keenan Allen for the rest of the season.

MyFBG Classic is not MyFBG.  It is not even close.

I had my hopes up at the start of this thread. It didn't last.  I am tired of wasting my time in support threads.

Looks like one of my league's settings was good last week, now it has different starter requirements this week.

This sucks... and the lack of communication makes it suck more. 

This 'solution' is decidedly NOT all about "Bringing Back The Old MyFBG".

This is an abomination.

This is not the old MyFBG.  

No matter how hard one tries, it cannot be.

Because it doesn't work.  It is not persistent.  It is a flaming pile of non-workitude.

The MyFBGs feature was my first and often only target on the site for years.  It integrated my teams in to the FBGs rankings. I could see the free agents in my leagues. It knew my leagues' scoring systems.  It knew my league's roster requirements.  It knew my leagues.

Now, it has alzheimer's.  It is a frustrating pile of making me not want to even try using Footballguys anymore.

I get enough of this aggravation at work.

MyFBGs used to work.  It used to be a pleasure to use.

Now, it is just workaround, workaround, pray.

I believe the entire Cloud Shim needs to be abandoned or MyFBG Classic will never work.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be abandoned.  

As such, I fear the best feature of the Footballguys site will join Keenan Allen for the rest of the season.

MyFBG Classic is not MyFBG.  It is not even close.

I had my hopes up at the start of this thread. It didn't last.  I am tired of wasting my time in support threads.
:goodposting:

It was the best thing about my subscription.  I have 3 kids in school, a wife going back to school, working 60 hours a week etc.  The reason for my subscription was mainly this because I DO NOT have the time I once had and this used to make it easy.

Waiver wire can't be trusted and last week's stats aren't accurate.  Glad I checked my league's site because some idiot waived DeMarco last week and he doesn't show up in Bloom's WW.  Someone with higher priority will pick him up, so it wouldn't matter, but one can't assume you might be missing someone that could help.

Support was great until last week of pre-season and now it seems to be non-existent.  

The scoring projections for my defenses are off, in all leagues.  For example, this week has the NYG projected for 3.5 points in a yahoo league.  I sent in an email prior to week 1 but nothing has been resolved.

Waiver wire can't be trusted and last week's stats aren't accurate.  Glad I checked my league's site because some idiot waived DeMarco last week and he doesn't show up in Bloom's WW.  Someone with higher priority will pick him up, so it wouldn't matter, but one can't assume you might be missing someone that could help.

Support was great until last week of pre-season and now it seems to be non-existent.  
I don't think DeMarco would show up in Bloom's WW report anyway.  They say they cast a wide net, but I'd guess he's owned in 99% of leagues.

I was really happy when the brought back the old MyFBG, but this is really frustrating that nothing is loading properly right now. Trying to do research for waiver claims and nothing is working. Trying to sync rosters and just getting a blank page from my.footballguys.com. This is sad.

Users who are viewing this thread