What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (1 Viewer)

houston said:
Of course you can't promise that future issues never happen. You sure could explain how this current batch happened or at least poke fun at your company for messing up August/Sept. 

The more responses I read, the more I think that FBG believes that all is fine and will be forgotten now that the season has started. Also a belief that the PR related to this mess was handled well. 

I'll ask directly this time: why no email/letter to all paid customers?
I don't know anyone who felt this went well. We made a mistake and we did our best to fix it. That's our bottom line. I'm pretty sure we'll make mistakes in the future in we'll do the exact same thing and try to fix them as well. And there was no email to customers as we had the current MyFBG Classic ready where the vast majority of our people never knew we'd even tried something new. We sent the "How To Get The Most From FBG" article to help people make sure they knew how to get going with it and then the Troubleshooting article to try and help people who had trouble. I'm sorry if you wanted something more but that's what we've done. 

J

My rosters are no longer syncing since the change to having all leagues update at once. It actually goes through each league but when I then check lineups and the waiver wire report it still has the old rosters. It had worked when it was done individually. Can we still do individually so I can get this fixed? Some of my waivers run tonight.

My rosters are no longer syncing since the change to having all leagues update at once. It actually goes through each league but when I then check lineups and the waiver wire report it still has the old rosters. It had worked when it was done individually. Can we still do individually so I can get this fixed? Some of my waivers run tonight.

If your roster had been syncing but no longer is.. un-link and re-link your league in Edit/Update Leagues.  There's a good chance you may have accidentally changed a setting that broke the link between the league and the site.  

I don't know anyone who felt this went well. We made a mistake and we did our best to fix it. That's our bottom line. I'm pretty sure we'll make mistakes in the future in we'll do the exact same thing and try to fix them as well. And there was no email to customers as we had the current MyFBG Classic ready where the vast majority of our people never knew we'd even tried something new. We sent the "How To Get The Most From FBG" article to help people make sure they knew how to get going with it and then the Troubleshooting article to try and help people who had trouble. I'm sorry if you wanted something more but that's what we've done. 

J
Joe

You keep saying that the new MyFBG failed but you quickly reverted to the old MyFBG Classic. Which is true, but I think what he is trying to say is that the old MyFBG Classic didn't work either, which is also very true. People aren't just having problems with the new version, they are having problems with the old version syncing. I don't think you've acknowledged that or maybe I missed it. I think the old version not working is a much bigger problem than the failed roll out. You've taken a very critical tool that many of us relied on weekly and messed that up as well. Sometimes the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is very true.

If your roster had been syncing but no longer is.. un-link and re-link your league in Edit/Update Leagues.  There's a good chance you may have accidentally changed a setting that broke the link between the league and the site.  
My leagues syncd fine before you put in the link to sync all leagues at once. Times out all the time. And now, tonight, I clicked the edit link which I haven't touched for quite a while and it now says no leagues found and syncing. I tried clicking the red button, go back to go classic and it tells me it's syncing to the cloud and won't let me go back. So now I'm stuck there, not sure if I should just close the page and further, I can't sync anymore from classic because of something else you guys tried to fix. This is ridiculous. 

The apps@footballguys.com email address is open and I can help individual queries there. These are at the point (like @skhyatt's above) where we would need to dive into what's going on fairly deeply in terms of your account, your exact browser etc.

So far since Friday we have a much smaller list of issues:

- Will Lutz
- Multi-conferences
- Fix for multiple accounts in the same browser
- We need to disable people changing the league host template after linking

We'll have another release soon for these issues.

In the meantime, on the forums, I'm never going to be able to get the specifics of a specific issue someone is experiencing, so let me post some general advice here that should reset things for anyone:

1. Go to my.footballguys.com; logout, and log back in on there

2. If in doubt, use the Edit/Update Leagues link from MyFBG Classic. Manually hit each sync button then return to classic. I don't mean everyone should do this all the time; but if the top Sync Rosters for All Leagues link isn't working, that 2nd link is going to make it much easier for us to narrow down onto your issue when you email in, if you can tell us exactly how far into the process you can get.

The overwhelming interactions I've had with customers over email since Friday has been of the "thanks, it's fixed now" variety. I'm seeing above that doesn't seem to match up with the experience you guys here are having. So I want to dive deeper into these issues - so please email in (apps@footballguys.com) so we can get the info we need from you in a private environment that we can easily track and reply to you personally.

Joe

You keep saying that the new MyFBG failed but you quickly reverted to the old MyFBG Classic. Which is true, but I think what he is trying to say is that the old MyFBG Classic didn't work either, which is also very true. People aren't just having problems with the new version, they are having problems with the old version syncing. I don't think you've acknowledged that or maybe I missed it. I think the old version not working is a much bigger problem than the failed roll out. You've taken a very critical tool that many of us relied on weekly and messed that up as well. Sometimes the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is very true.
Hi King

We've had some issues synching with the MyFBG classic that we've been working through. That's why we created the Troubleshooting article as it's focused entirely on anyone that has trouble with the MyFBG Classic. If people are having trouble, we're asking that they send to apps@footballguys.com and we'll do our best to help. 

J

It's frustrating enough that the site still isn't syncing correctly/ automatically. It's even more frustrating when i'm told to send an email in this thread and my emails constantly fall on deaf ears.

Sent email on 8/25 - no response

followed up again on 8/29 - no response

followed up again on 9/13 - guess what...no response. 

While i'm not one to complain, the lack of transparency & communication is really what is upsetting to me. Things happen and issues come up. We all get you're doing your best to fix them, but the fact that the communication here is sporadic at best is my main pain point.
Hi there, so I checked your emails to the apps@footballguys.com inbox; there are 3 tickets in there.

8/27 - I replied 6 hours later but didn't get a response from you; that email does say that apps@footballguys is the best place for email support

9/1 - we were back and forth for 6 or so emails mainly about the iPad app

yesterday - Mike has answered you fairly quickly here too.

It's absolutely possible that other emails have been caught in spam filters or something like that. Perhaps forward the emails through to apps@footballguys.com that you sent so we can track down where they went and how it came about those weren't answered. But I wanted to double check this and could see that everything into the app support inbox was answered, and that's all I can see at this point.

Mine is just stuck in syncing mode. I cannot do anything to stop it and add the leagues again or anything. Beyond frustrating here! Time to just go back to the classic full time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is just stuck in syncing mode. I cannot do anything to stop it and add the leagues again or anything. Beyond frustrating here!

Same here. Mine had been working without issue until this point. Now it won't sync in either Chrome or Firefox...

Once again guys, I appreciate if things aren't working it's frustrating, and by all means use this thread to vent about that. But I can't help you here. Please email apps@footballguys.com. Have you all tried my 1-2 step process above to reset?

2. If in doubt, use the Edit/Update Leagues link from MyFBG Classic. Manually hit each sync button then return to classic. I don't mean everyone should do this all the time; but if the top Sync Rosters for All Leagues link isn't working, that 2nd link is going to make it much easier for us to narrow down onto your issue when you email in, if you can tell us exactly how far into the process you can get.

Once again guys, I appreciate if things aren't working it's frustrating, and by all means use this thread to vent about that. But I can't help you here. Please email apps@footballguys.com. Have you all tried my 1-2 step process above to reset?

This worked for me

Hi there, so I checked your emails to the apps@footballguys.com inbox; there are 3 tickets in there.

8/27 - I replied 6 hours later but didn't get a response from you; that email does say that apps@footballguys is the best place for email support

9/1 - we were back and forth for 6 or so emails mainly about the iPad app

yesterday - Mike has answered you fairly quickly here too.

It's absolutely possible that other emails have been caught in spam filters or something like that. Perhaps forward the emails through to apps@footballguys.com that you sent so we can track down where they went and how it came about those weren't answered. But I wanted to double check this and could see that everything into the app support inbox was answered, and that's all I can see at this point.
Simon & @Joe Bryant you are correct with the emails sent to the apps@footballguys box. You've responded back to me on those and Mike responded (while not the answer i wanted, was a response nonetheless) yesterday as well. 

My issue was that I had to forward the email to mike/ Apps@footballguys when i got no response from the myfbg-sync email box. 

thanks

Simon & @Joe Bryant you are correct with the emails sent to the apps@footballguys box. You've responded back to me on those and Mike responded (while not the answer i wanted, was a response nonetheless) yesterday as well. 

My issue was that I had to forward the email to mike/ Apps@footballguys when i got no response from the myfbg-sync email box. 

thanks
Thanks. I wanted to make sure you'd seen all 3 email responses from Simon and Mike back to you. We make mistakes and try to fix them but never want it be "deaf ears". Thanks and apologies again on the trouble getting it going for you.

J

Joe Bryant said:
Thanks. I wanted to make sure you'd seen all 3 email responses from Simon and Mike back to you. We make mistakes and try to fix them but never want it be "deaf ears". Thanks and apologies again on the trouble getting it going for you.

J
How about the fact that DB is not an option on the top 200 forward?  I have reported that several times and the only response I got was to scroll down, which I would have if there was an option to scroll to it.  It is now week 3 and i have been emailing and posting here about it for a month.

How about the fact that DB is not an option on the top 200 forward?  I have reported that several times and the only response I got was to scroll down, which I would have if there was an option to scroll to it.  It is now week 3 and i have been emailing and posting here about it for a month.
That's correct. We break it out to CB and S.  

I'm not sure what that means for how we handle the Top 200 in the database but DB may be something we can look at for the future. But it's not available now.

J

That's correct. We break it out to CB and S.  

I'm not sure what that means for how we handle the Top 200 in the database but DB may be something we can look at for the future. But it's not available now.

J
It is grouped by DB and has been for years, Doug just reached and told me how to fix it.

thanks

That's all well and good Joe but the problem many people here are having is that the old MyFBG Classic isn't syncing. So yeah, the new roll out didn't work. You went back to the old MyFBG. But the old MyFBG isn't working either.

@Joe 8ryant

FWIW, I did e-mail regarding my league not syncing all players on the rosters and which players (Wil Lutz for one). The response I got?

"Will Lutz will need to be updated on my end. Sorry about that. I'll push a fix in tonight."

What exactly does that mean? So Wil Lutz will be updated? Does this mean I have to check my rosters every week to make sure they are synced and if not, I need to contact FBG and have them add the players?
Joe: "We scrambled and went back to the old MyFBG we'd had in the past. It was painful for users and for us.

I apologized. We listened and made the decision to go back to the old MyFBG like we did. "

This is the most frustrating part for me.

I don't know if it is doublespeak or if Joe never really used the MyFBG area of the site in past years.  This isn't the old MyFBG.

Midweek, I'm all about using the free agent reports it generates to see the FBG rankings on free agents in my leagues.  

But I see players listed as available who are not, and am left wondering what actually available players are not shown on the list.

I go to the red sync page.  I put my left leg in.  I take my left leg out.  I put my left leg in and I shake it all about.

And there's Fozzy Whittaker still staring me in the face, yet he is already on a roster (mine).

Joe et. al. say to follow these arcane steps.  Still don't work.

The frustration is that it is repeatedly suggested that they have reverted to what we had in past years, when that is plainly false.

The old MyFBG page would sync automatically, seamlessly.  Waivers would run at 3:00 in the morning on CBS.  When I awoke and logged in at 7:00 in the morning, the MyFBG page would automatically shoe me free agent reports, rankings and 10-minute primer for all my leagues.  No user intervention required.  I'd open the same page on my phone.  All the data would be there, as well.

It was seamless.  It was the cloud, because FBGs old product did all the work.

Now, it ain't so.  We get told to repeat torturous troubleshooting ad nauseum.  

The bulk of the administrative burden has been offloaded from the service provider onto the user.  And they tell us this is because of the FBG Cloud shim dealio?

Except when we had changed passwords on our league hosting sites, none of the users had to do this in years past.

I don't believe this will get much better.  By design, these syncing steps must be performed at least once (best case scenario) on each device we use each time we use the features.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

I love that you did this in the MyFBG section:  DO THIS NOW -- Sync Rosters For All Leagues

I know you all had to deal with a lot of unexpected situations with the MyFBG feature this year and some other tools, but I just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts to make it better.      

I've tried everything they've suggested in the FAQ and nothing works. This sucks....
I tried this last night and it, so far, is still working. Using Google Chrome. I went in and cleared the history, cache, cookies, etc. I then logged back in to Footballguys.com. Clicked on the classic link, which took me to myfootballguys.com. Previously, I had not been able to get back into myfootballguys.com. From there, I signed in, and after syncing, all my teams were there. I did a quick check of some of the leagues to make sure the scoring was correct. I then got out of there and went back to footballguys.com. I clicked on classic and then tried clicking the link that was supposed to sync all leagues at one time. It worked, where previously, it always timed out. I also clicked on the edit leagues link, which had stopped working also. This time it worked and then I got out quickly by clicking on the go back to classic link. All my leagues ran waivers tonight, so I syncd all leagues again, using classic. I always use classic unless I have to go to the myfootballguys.com. It syncd correctly again. I should say correctly as far as I know, but my leagues do look correct as of this second. I am knocking on wood that this has corrected the syncing issue from classic. Hopefully this helps some of you as it did me.

Joe: "We scrambled and went back to the old MyFBG we'd had in the past. It was painful for users and for us.

I apologized. We listened and made the decision to go back to the old MyFBG like we did. "

This is the most frustrating part for me.

I don't know if it is doublespeak or if Joe never really used the MyFBG area of the site in past years.  This isn't the old MyFBG.

Midweek, I'm all about using the free agent reports it generates to see the FBG rankings on free agents in my leagues.  

But I see players listed as available who are not, and am left wondering what actually available players are not shown on the list.

I go to the red sync page.  I put my left leg in.  I take my left leg out.  I put my left leg in and I shake it all about.

And there's Fozzy Whittaker still staring me in the face, yet he is already on a roster (mine).

Joe et. al. say to follow these arcane steps.  Still don't work.

The frustration is that it is repeatedly suggested that they have reverted to what we had in past years, when that is plainly false.

The old MyFBG page would sync automatically, seamlessly.  Waivers would run at 3:00 in the morning on CBS.  When I awoke and logged in at 7:00 in the morning, the MyFBG page would automatically shoe me free agent reports, rankings and 10-minute primer for all my leagues.  No user intervention required.  I'd open the same page on my phone.  All the data would be there, as well.

It was seamless.  It was the cloud, because FBGs old product did all the work.

Now, it ain't so.  We get told to repeat torturous troubleshooting ad nauseum.  

The bulk of the administrative burden has been offloaded from the service provider onto the user.  And they tell us this is because of the FBG Cloud shim dealio?

Except when we had changed passwords on our league hosting sites, none of the users had to do this in years past.

I don't believe this will get much better.  By design, these syncing steps must be performed at least once (best case scenario) on each device we use each time we use the features.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
I don't think anyone is claiming this is exactly the same as it was last year now.

For the automated sync, the best thing to do is to bookmark this link as your entry point: http://my.footballguys.com/?returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsubscribers.footballguys.com%2Fmyfbg%2Fmy.php&uid=94256#licaexportall

That'll always forward you on to MyFBG with latest rosters. In the background the Footballguys systems will get your leagues from the FBG cloud, and then sycn the rosters of each one, and then send those details through to the classic MyFBG system. That's a huge amount of work that's automated - it's not quite as seamless as it was though, I agree.

If there are any errors after that point, then please email us with the details (apps@footballguys.com)

This is their new way to separate sharks from guppies. If you weren't willing to put in the time to figure out the complicated DD and myFBG changes, you were gonna be a guppy. 

What more do you guys expect? It kinda works most of the time, it kinda works like it used to, and they kinda apologized exclusively to message board users. 

I think that's my newest struggle with this. There are so many users deeply invested into this site. The relationship with this site has been unnecessarily stressful for over a month. It will take some time and effort to repair. It shouldn't be assumed that the direction of "we are working tirelessly, the site mainly works, we've buried a few apologies and updates within a message board, let's move on" is good enough. 

This is still a solid site, I believe the owners still have good intentions, but man you could write a business how not to book for how this has been handled.

I don't think anyone is claiming this is exactly the same as it was last year now.
Yes, you may be "technically" correct. But, the underlying implications have been that it is. Yet it isn't.

Most of us don't understand why FBG just didn't drop the whole new my.footballguys.com endeavor altogether and just bring back the old MyFBG as it stood last year. You know, fully functional with literally NO HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH. Instead what we have here is a mishmash of both the new and old. Which really is NOT USER FRIENDLY.

The "new" didn't work. Give it up. Go back to the drawing board and try again next year. Nope, let's keep pushing the new cloud based app while simultaneously linking it to the old, which wasn't broken. Now, three weeks into the season, when this should never have been an issue in the first place, there are still plenty of issues. Why? Because of an insistence on streamlining all apps and site functionality to some cloud in the sky. And the reluctance to start from scratch again, hence the combination of the two (new & old) to form some abomination of what was once a great tool.

Like I've stated here previously, it somehow works for me but, not without a lot of jumping around. I don't trust it to maintain my rosters so I have to re-sync each time I want to utilize it, just to be absolutely sure. This was never the case with MyFBG. In addition, every time a new version of classic is released, which I literally am never informed about, it might just eff up my current settings. Nothing is ever smooth about it. I JUST DON'T TRUST IT. PERIOD.

Been handled poorly from the get-go and is still being handled poorly. Many, many folks have voiced their opinions yet the responses from top brass have been far from what would be expected. I don't need to rehash those customer comments/opinions here. The typical FBG response hasn't changed in weeks. I now chuckle to myself every time I read this thread.

Rody

Great. I had 3 leagues set up. One I linked to my RTSports league. Finally with Simon's help have that correctly syncing.  But I manually set up 2 leagues and they seem to have lost all their players. One league I'm in is not on-line so I inputted my roster. I set up another league where I could keep track of players that are free agents, sort of a watch list. Went to check the two leagues I set up manually and there are no players listed. It's incredible how badly FBG has bungled this.

I'll complain again.  Old way worked just fine 

New old way can't sync because my firewall thinks it's a virus

Time to change the title of the thread to "Trying to bring back the old MyFBG but we screwed it up so badly it's unfixable and we really don't care anymore and what the heck, we offered a meek apology"

Time to change the title of the thread to "Trying to bring back the old MyFBG but we screwed it up so badly it's unfixable and we really don't care anymore and what the heck, we offered a meek apology"
I can't say enough how much we really care about this and are doing all we can. We all feel utterly devastated about how this has gone down.

Fixing is definitely much easier for me to do over email. Your issue above I would love to help with but I need the details of how to replicate that over email so I can take a look.

I'll complain again.  Old way worked just fine 

New old way can't sync because my firewall thinks it's a virus
We recognise that the syncing method we are using doesn't work with some firewalls. This won't be the case for next year, but this one is really tough to migrate from during the year as we'd need a bunch of downtime to migrate data over to a new system.

The URLs for syncing look something like this:

http://somelongtoken:thathastwoparts@profiles.footballguys.com/

So if you whitelist in your firewall profiles.footballguys.com that'll probably do the job.

It's quite aggressive for a firewall to be blocking a request to a URL like that; my guess is it does it because the app hits various routes on those URLs many times to update all the documents. It definitely won't be for suspicion of a virus. These are HTTP requests that are being blocked - not programs or documents the site is trying to download and save.

I'm communicating the same thing to customers over other channels, but we will be continuing to make improvements here. The state of the system as it is today is definitely not something we plan on leaving as is in perpetuity. Auto syncing was a really useful feature, and while bookmarking the sync all link does that, it does it with a delay which we appreciate is frustrating.

Please keep any issues you see coming into the email at apps@footballguys.com.

In the meantime, we know that we have to get better at communicating with you guys and for my part in that, I'm building a large beta test team that we'll use to get feedback on the direction we're going with the Footballguys tech. In the past we've used these mainly to squash bugs but I think it's really important that we also use it in the planning stages of projects too. We didn't do that for the new My Footbalguys system and we should have done. They'll be plenty of ways to get on that team soon if you'd like to be involved - for now PM me your email address on here and I can add you in. We'll make sure there are perks! Again, as customers you guys totally have the right to expect better delivery than what's happened here, without being involved in testing and product development. So that shout out is very specifically for people that are happy to be involved with that.

Yes, you may be "technically" correct. But, the underlying implications have been that it is. Yet it isn't.

Most of us don't understand why FBG just didn't drop the whole new my.footballguys.com endeavor altogether and just bring back the old MyFBG as it stood last year. You know, fully functional with literally NO HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH. Instead what we have here is a mishmash of both the new and old. Which really is NOT USER FRIENDLY.

The "new" didn't work. Give it up. Go back to the drawing board and try again next year. Nope, let's keep pushing the new cloud based app while simultaneously linking it to the old, which wasn't broken. Now, three weeks into the season, when this should never have been an issue in the first place, there are still plenty of issues. Why? Because of an insistence on streamlining all apps and site functionality to some cloud in the sky. And the reluctance to start from scratch again, hence the combination of the two (new & old) to form some abomination of what was once a great tool.

Like I've stated here previously, it somehow works for me but, not without a lot of jumping around. I don't trust it to maintain my rosters so I have to re-sync each time I want to utilize it, just to be absolutely sure. This was never the case with MyFBG. In addition, every time a new version of classic is released, which I literally am never informed about, it might just eff up my current settings. Nothing is ever smooth about it. I JUST DON'T TRUST IT. PERIOD.

Been handled poorly from the get-go and is still being handled poorly. Many, many folks have voiced their opinions yet the responses from top brass have been far from what would be expected. I don't need to rehash those customer comments/opinions here. The typical FBG response hasn't changed in weeks. I now chuckle to myself every time I read this thread.

Rody

There is likely no point in writing all of this, but I am going to attempt to explain things that have transpired.  I am not looking to get into any arguments.  We screwed up on multiple levels here.  We get it.  I can't go back and redo all the decisions.  We are in week 3 of the NFL season.  

We had a decision to make in January 2016 regarding the continuation of licensing the syncing tech from  a major rival. This competitor was licensing this tech to us on a per team-basis. So if a user synced 20 teams, we were charged 20 times.  As we rolled out more and more features using this tech, our bill kept increasing.  It was not a trivial cost - We estimated we would need to pay this company approximately $80-100K a year this year and the cost was rising by 30-40% a year.  And this assumes they don't just tell us to pay a number way larger than that once we create more and more tools that require the tech.   But we still wrestled with what to do here.  The tech worked beautifully, but he also had some real concerns about how they were implementing the synching.  Basically, they were funneling all syncing through their IP address.  This process and made it very risky to be completely shut off from a whole provider.  These league-provider sites have not agreed to these third-party tools. We felt routing everything through that IP address was very risky as a site like Yahoo could just stop that from happening on their end.  That much traffic would be easy to stop should a provider opt to do just that.

So armed with a mounting bill year over year using tech that we felt could result in services abruptly stopped, we chose to build out the tech ourselves.  We also chose to do it using JavaScript technologies so that each user would be talking to the league provider from their IP addresses.  This would ensure that a Yahoo, MFL, NFL would never block said-tech, because to them it would look just like a user accessing the sites directly.  Additionally, we set out to build this technology in a way that never put the personal information of a user at risk since FBG never had the info.  It would be passed by a user's phone / browser directly to the league site.

Now we can all play arm-chair QB and say FBG made every wrong-turn possible here. But I will stand by the decisions we made in Jan 2016 to bring this in-house.  As a small tech team, we have finite resources to get all of our projects done.  We did not anticipate all of the issues we had with getting this to work.  We did not anticipate our other tech tasks going way over schedule and giving us inadequate time to test, trouble-shoot and do things the correct way.  In the 11th hour (or later for a lot of people), we completely changed course again and abandoned the new MyFBG in an effort to bring back the old system.  But this is not on par with what we had, because we had never planned to merge these two different views.  They were essentially jammed together to get something to work for 2016.  

I know Joe, the tech team, and I are SICK about all of this.  This isn't how we do things.  We failed a lot of people.  We truly get it.  We made some tough decisions in January that I think we had to make as a company.  I don't regret those decisions.  But we clearly should have marked getting this working as Tech task #1. Nothing else mattered if we failed here.  That's on Joe and I.

As I write this, I am not sure what else to say.  We know this is clunky.  We know it is priority #1 to get right for 2017.  We aim to do just that.

Thank you  David I can speak for myself now that you explain the situation I at least understand. Where before everything Just seemed to be hidden as to why things are changing and that's why a lot of us became frustrated 

Solid response David.  I'm a long-time subscriber and I've been moderately frustrated with the changes this year, but it sounds like you made the right decision a year ago and just didn't get it done in time.  Probably should have anticipated that, but it happens.  Poor user experience?  Definitely.  Could communication have been better?  Probably (though admittedly I haven't been paying close attention to all the drama this has stirred up, and every time I do pop in I see Joe or Simon or Adam or someone from staff participating in the discussion so it's not for lack of effort).  

That's not to discount the issues people have been having.  If it's actually broken for some, that's really frustrating, I get that.  For me the changes have mostly just been a mild annoyance but everything appears to be working and it's just a little clunkier than it was last year so... :shrug:   At the end of the day, I've derived so much value from this site over the years, and I expect that to continue into the future, so I'll put up with some bumps in the road.  Just my opinion but at a time when I could easily drop $30+ a month on other services of lesser quality, FBG is still the best bang for my buck in the industry.  Glad to hear you guys are aware of the issues and working to fix them.

There is likely no point in writing all of this
Actually, there is definitely a point in writing it. And you stated it:

I am going to attempt to explain things that have transpired.
Had you posted this weeks ago, and, better yet, emailed it out to all subscribers, I'm certain that the response from your subscriber base would have been more accepting and understanding. Hopefully, this can serve as a lesson learned for the future.

Do you plan to email this to all subscribers, or just settle for those who happen to read this post to get this info?

As a small tech team, we have finite resources to get all of our projects done.  We did not anticipate all of the issues we had with getting this to work.  We did not anticipate our other tech tasks going way over schedule and giving us inadequate time to test, trouble-shoot and do things the correct way.
And hopefully this is another lesson learned. You clearly did not have enough resources or, more importantly, calendar time to implement the decisions you made in January. For you and Joe not to recognize this shows a lack of experience/understanding of the work you were commissioning and/or how to estimate and manage software development projects.

Hindsight is 20/20, but what would have been a better plan would have been to maintain the old system and tools for the 2016 season while standing up your new system and tools beside it and building a team of subscribers to assist with requirements and beta testing throughout the season. Then you would have had several months to act on that feedback and roll out the conversion.

Is that your plan for next year? Just as you have explained here what led to this fiasco, it would be great if you could offer some transparency in your plans going forward. The community might be able to help you.

I appreciate your explanation and FBG's effort to resurrect the old MyFBG.

Thanks Guys and thanks for the offer to help. As David said, our priority #1 is to get this much improved for next season where it's smoother and less manual. Thanks for all the help on this throughout the thread and for being the community that wants to help. I think that's been the hardest part of us - we know how much folks love this tool and we know that most of the frustration is because they want it to work for them properly. We're not certain of next steps here but we'll likely take you up on the offers to help as Just Win said above. Thanks.

J

It may have been addressed in here somewhere, but does anyone know why DBs don't show up in the 10 sec Primer? I've got 4 IDP leagues & love the 10 sec glance rather than look at DB projections by league. Would also be nice to have Rudnicki's numbers in there to compare with Norton's too.

It may have been addressed in here somewhere, but does anyone know why DBs don't show up in the 10 sec Primer? I've got 4 IDP leagues & love the 10 sec glance rather than look at DB projections by league. Would also be nice to have Rudnicki's numbers in there to compare with Norton's too.
Check your league settings to ensure DB is select DB I selected.  I had the same issue and the option to play DBs was not check for some reason even though it has been setup for years.  Once I did that and sync'd they showed up.

Hindsight is 20/20, but what would have been a better plan would have been to maintain the old system and tools for the 2016 season while standing up your new system and tools beside it and building a team of subscribers to assist with requirements and beta testing throughout the season. Then you would have had several months to act on that feedback and roll out the conversion.

Is that your plan for next year? Just as you have explained here what led to this fiasco, it would be great if you could offer some transparency in your plans going forward. The community might be able to help you.
This is exactly what we plan on doing moving forwards. Annoyingly it's pretty much what we decided to do with the Draft Dominator too this year so we get the advantages there for sure; we just really wanted the new system in place for this year and wanted to avoid the extra effort in getting the new tech to work with the old MyFBG system.

Again PM me to get on that beta test team.

Update from @David Dodds is much appreciated. For the love of God, please email/mail/fax/telegram/hand deliver a more concise version to your subscribers. 

I can't get over how transparent you guys sometimes try to be within a message board, yet don't do the same to your broader core audience. 

Joe's weekly email attempting comedy really rubbed me the wrong way this week. In 5% of the time it probably takes him to put that crap together, they could have drafted a nice, simple message to explain all the crap subscribers have been through. 

Youre dealing with a customer base that wants to know what Detroits third string RB likes to eat for breakfast. Why are you so surprised/annoyed that the same customer base refuses to just move on without some properly detailed explanations?

Update from @David Dodds is much appreciated. For the love of God, please email/mail/fax/telegram/hand deliver a more concise version to your subscribers. 

I can't get over how transparent you guys sometimes try to be within a message board, yet don't do the same to your broader core audience. 

Joe's weekly email attempting comedy really rubbed me the wrong way this week. In 5% of the time it probably takes him to put that crap together, they could have drafted a nice, simple message to explain all the crap subscribers have been through. 

Youre dealing with a customer base that wants to know what Detroits third string RB likes to eat for breakfast. Why are you so surprised/annoyed that the same customer base refuses to just move on without some properly detailed explanations?
Very  :goodposting:

@Simon Shepherd I think the syncing is acting up again. I've tried to "Sync Rosters Fot All Leagues" on my admin page, but for some reason Kennith Dixon is still showing as available even though he was claimed off waivers this morning. I'm sure there's other players that aren't syncing correctly, but this is the one I noticed. 

I've tried to do this from multiple devices with no luck. 

Any suggestions?

Also, is this going to simply be what we'll need to do from here on out the rest of the season?

I believe auto-sync is not available this year. (Could be mistaken.) You need to manually sync every time you want it to be up-to-date when you use it. Then again, the sync process has to actually work also. I've had differing results from each sync platform so I keep an eye out for inconsistencies with rosters. If one platform doesn't cut it I try another one. I've been fortunate that eventually things end up looking right.

Team defensive points are still completely wrong given my rule settings. Beware taking any projections on MyFBG for TD at face value.

@Simon Shepherd I think the syncing is acting up again. I've tried to "Sync Rosters Fot All Leagues" on my admin page, but for some reason Kennith Dixon is still showing as available even though he was claimed off waivers this morning. I'm sure there's other players that aren't syncing correctly, but this is the one I noticed. 

I've tried to do this from multiple devices with no luck. 

Any suggestions?

Also, is this going to simply be what we'll need to do from here on out the rest of the season?
Please email for help on this, apps@footballguys.com. I can't help on here as I need details like your username, name of the league affected etc.

Users who are viewing this thread