What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Southside With You: A romantic movie about Barack and Michelle (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
http://www.npr.org/2016/08/25/491080688/the-first-first-date-unfolds-in-southside-with-you

Inspired by Barack and Michelle Obama's first date, SOUTHSIDE WITH YOU recounts the eventful summer day in 1989 when a young law firm associate named Barack Obama (Parker Sawyers) tried to woo lawyer Michelle Robinson (Tika Sumpter) during a daylong date that took them from the Art Institute of Chicago to a screening of Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing to the site of their first kiss outside of an ice cream parlor.

In many firms, an attorney hooking up with a summer associate (basically an intern interviewing for a permanent job) is a fireable offense. It's arguably even worse when the attorney is the summer associate's advisor. 

In many firms, an attorney hooking up with a summer associate (basically an intern interviewing for a permanent job) is a fireable offense. It's arguably even worse when the attorney is the summer associate's advisor. 
Plus,  he wasn't even born here! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus,  he wasn't even born here! 
That would be so awesome if they wrote that into the script- just to freak out certain people. 

Also, there should be a scene in which Barack spies a mosque nearby, says, "Excuse me for a minute, Michelle!" and then sneaks in for a quick prayer. 

It would be more true to life if he didn't kiss her but made an impassioned speech on how deeply not kissing her has affected him.

Follow him on his amazing journey from his birth in Kenya to the leader of the free world along the way finding love.

I saw this movie last night and was so moved that for the first time in my adult lifetime, I left a movie theatre really proud of my country.

I believe it was Michelle that was the advisor and Barack was the intern

Users who are viewing this thread