What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie Dynasty Rankings? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Curious to hear thoughts on the top 10 or 20 rookies for dynasty drafts. 

Obviously guys like Doctson have great dynasty impact but won't likely be useful this year. 

This feels like a tough class to draft from. I could see a case, after Elliott, for putting the next 6 guys in nearly any order. 

Treadwell feels like the "safest" pick to me.  People are fawning over Coleman, but he feels to me a lot like one of these gadget guys (Percy Harvin etc.), supreme athletes and speedsters who often flame out.  Mike Thomas raises the obvious Colston comparison.  Doctson long term could be huge.  Henry?  So hard to say for a RB of his stature, but I do like what I see so far.  Shepherd, Etc.

SHOW ME UR RANKINGS, SHARKZ

:popcorn:  

1. Zeke <pagebreak> 2. Coleman 3. Henry  After that it's a bit of a craphshoot honestly 

Top 3 haven't changed since the last thread in January.  Coleman is up, Shepard is up.  I had Doctson 5 back then and am holding with the talent.  I really want to like Caroo but that situation could be crowded.  Prescott has ascended but not sure I'd use an early 2nd on him (IDP league).  I'm a little more sold on Derrick Henry but still think his bust potential is high.

EZE
Treadwell
Michael Thomas
Coleman
Shepard
Doctson
Boyd
D. Henry
Booker
Wentz
Fuller
Howard

He your clear #2 off the board?
Henry in standard coleman in ppr.  Then for me i go thomas and shepard, then treadwell and doctson.  I wouldnt blame someone who ranked them doctson treadwell shepard thomas, but for me i see thomas as high floor fairly high ceiling, shepard about the same but lower td potential, treadwell as a high upaide low floor guy, and doctson as maybe the highest upside of those 4 but hes hurt and was already an old rookie so there is some bust risk.

Henry in standard coleman in ppr.  Then for me i go thomas and shepard, then treadwell and doctson.  I wouldnt blame someone who ranked them doctson treadwell shepard thomas, but for me i see thomas as high floor fairly high ceiling, shepard about the same but lower td potential, treadwell as a high upaide low floor guy, and doctson as maybe the highest upside of those 4 but hes hurt and was already an old rookie so there is some bust risk.
The fact that Coleman is on Cleveland and now is competing with two other fantastic athletes there (along with a great TE and pass catching RB) -- concern you at all in the long term?

The fact that Coleman is on Cleveland and now is competing with two other fantastic athletes there (along with a great TE and pass catching RB) -- concern you at all in the long term?
Do you think the Browns resign Gordon? I don't. It's awfully early to start making any assumptions about what Pryor can do. I like Barnidge. However, if a deep threat WR2 and a pass catching TE prevent Coleman from breaking out, then Coleman just wasn't a good player. The situation is fine. 

Concerned about Cleveland?  Sure.  

Concerned about Gordon?  Not really.  Gordon is very good but he's basically just a prospect right now.  He's got lots of strikes against him, has been out of football for most of 2 years, playing with a new qb, only has one good year, and theres some thought he might get traded.  

Pryor?  Exceeding expectations is not the same as being good enough to hamper the number one.  He should be ok.

Barnidge?  I would be surprised if he duplicated last year.  He played well enough to be their top target but isnt really a stud in his own right.  Think ben watson or the best guy in minnesota every year who then fades into obscurity for the new best guy in minny.  Tallest midget.

Concerned about crowell and duke? Not in the slightest.  Open up the play action.  

I like coleman as a steve smith, antonio brown, maybe a better terry glenn or ty hilton.  He doesnt have andrew luck, but he is that little guy with great quicks and stop start moves, who can blow by defenses but also catch short stuff or sky for the ball or catch a corner fade in the end zone.  Love him as a prospect.  

bostonfred said:
Concerned about Cleveland?  Sure.  

Concerned about Gordon?  Not really.  Gordon is very good but he's basically just a prospect right now.  He's got lots of strikes against him, has been out of football for most of 2 years, playing with a new qb, only has one good year, and theres some thought he might get traded.  

Pryor?  Exceeding expectations is not the same as being good enough to hamper the number one.  He should be ok.

Barnidge?  I would be surprised if he duplicated last year.  He played well enough to be their top target but isnt really a stud in his own right.  Think ben watson or the best guy in minnesota every year who then fades into obscurity for the new best guy in minny.  Tallest midget.

Concerned about crowell and duke? Not in the slightest.  Open up the play action.  

I like coleman as a steve smith, antonio brown, maybe a better terry glenn or ty hilton.  He doesnt have andrew luck, but he is that little guy with great quicks and stop start moves, who can blow by defenses but also catch short stuff or sky for the ball or catch a corner fade in the end zone.  Love him as a prospect.  
Interesting. I really struggle with this. I see Treadwell as a guy with Dez Bryant upside, Anquan Boldin downside, and someone more likely to be a dominant receiver in the NFL, just based on skills and size. But I've always just had this anti-Coleman bias, and not seeing any of him in the preseason hasn't given me a chance to shake that. 

Interesting to me also that Henry is your #2 in standard. I like him a lot, and he's looked sharp in the preseason, but I do have concerns he could end up a bit like a Brandon Jacobs to me. And when you play the statistics, you have to wonder if the odds are in your favor betting on a RB his size. You think he has a chance to be special?

Otis said:
Curious to hear thoughts on the top 10 or 20 rookies for dynasty drafts. 

Obviously guys like Doctson have great dynasty impact but won't likely be useful this year. 

This feels like a tough class to draft from. I could see a case, after Elliott, for putting the next 6 guys in nearly any order. 

Treadwell feels like the "safest" pick to me.  People are fawning over Coleman, but he feels to me a lot like one of these gadget guys (Percy Harvin etc.), supreme athletes and speedsters who often flame out.  Mike Thomas raises the obvious Colston comparison.  Doctson long term could be huge.  Henry?  So hard to say for a RB of his stature, but I do like what I see so far.  Shepherd, Etc.

SHOW ME UR RANKINGS, SHARKZ

:popcorn:  
A little late to the party, are? I posted mine in May. Bump Michael Thomas ahead of Dixon and this is still accurate. Maybe give Derrick Henry a small bump.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/742901-eminence-2016-rookie-rankings/

1.01 - Ezekiel Elliot

He's the one player that is guaranteed a large volume of touches. The number one back isn't always a success but it's nice to land "the guy" when you're in position to get him.

1.02 - Josh Doctson

From what I've seen on tape, he is an extremely polished receiver. He reminds me of Andre Johnson with better hops. I'm actually pretty bullish on Kirk Cousins and the Redskins offense this season. I get an Arizona Cardinals resurgence vibe from them. I feel like the separation ability and catch radius he has is similar to Jordan Reed and Cousins has shown great chemistry with him.

1.03 - Corey Coleman

He's explosive. Similar to Desean Jackson and Brandin Cooks. The risk here is that he's playing for Cleveland but to me I hear "garbage time". Not sure what his ceiling is in PPR but I am confident that he has talent as a football player.

1.04 - Laquan Treadwell

The Vikings aren't an ideal spot but he reminds me of Justin Blackmon. I just don't think you can rely on Teddy Bridgewater for fantasy production though but I do think he can lead the team in targets year-2.

1.05 - Derrick Henry

Tennessee has two very talented running backs. I can see Henry being a fixture in the redzone and on short yardage.

1.06 - Shepard Sterling

He makes perfect sense going to the Giants. I've seen Eli Manning throw to guys like Sterling for years, in fact I think he can step in and produce what Rueben Randle did last year if given the chance.

1.07 - Austin Hooper

The Falcons found their replacement to Tony Gonzalez. Toilolo had a chance last year and did nothing with it. Matt Ryan had proven he can sustain a TE in an offense.

1.08 - C.J. Prosise

He'll likely be Seattle's 3rd down back and that offers plenty of opportunity. He's not competing for snaps against Rawls. Pete Carroll showed me he was objective about talent evaluation when he started Russell Wilson as a rookie.

1.09 - Kenneth Dixon

He reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw. Unforunately, Baltimore's backfield is pretty crowded. He fits Marc Trestman's offense but so does Justin Forsett. Hopefully the coach falls in love with the rookie.

1.10 - Will Fuller

He's pretty talented but DeAndre Hopkins absorbs an absurd amount of targets. Also not sold on Osweiler.

1.11 - Pharoh Cooper

Cooper is very talented, imo. He's also somewhat of a project player. Landing in St. Louis is interesting, I think he can definitely land a starting position in this offense. Disciplined army kid. Great speed, high motor. Build reminds me of Anquan Boldin.

1.12 - Tyler Boyd

He's an awesome Wide Receiver but I'm not sold on how much opportunity he'll have in Cincinnati.

Michael Thomas

Plays with Drew Brees.

Paul Perkins

No official starter in New York.

Alex Collins

Awesome player, stuck behind Thomas Rawls for playing time.

Keith Marshall

Has wheels and opportunity in Washington.

DeAndre Washington

Change of pace back behind Latavius Murray. Can see him racking up a legitimate amount of touches. Reminds me of MJD.

Jared Goff

At this point the level of talent at RB and WR drops off to the point where you start grabbing QBs.

Jordan Howard

Has a chance to make a splash in Chicago. Incumbent starter Jeremy Langford rushed for under 4 ypc last season.

Carson Wentz

There are enough weapons for him in Philadelphia. No one else available is likely to make a year-1 impact.

Hunter Henry

Could develop into Phillip Rivers' main option.

Devontae Booker

Not the biggest fan of him on tape but he's at least as talented as CJ Anderson, imo.

Kelvin Taylor

Big fan of him, Carlos Hyde has not shown he can get the job done over 16 games. I think Taylor is such a solid technique guy that it makes up for his shortcomings physically. Has potential to be fantasy relevant, sleeper pick here with Carlos Hyde potentially being injury prone.

Moritz Boehringer

I like his story, his size, and his wheels. Deep sleeper. White Charles Johnson.

Kenyan Drake 

Physically talented and will see a role in this offense. I just don't see him having 3-down back potential.

Braxton Miller

He has the physical talent but I hate holding onto a developmental guy on a team without a proven QB. What's left for him after Hopkins and Fuller get theirs?

Roberto Aguayo

He might be the new kicking messiah.

Paxton Lynch

Probably won't start this year and there's question marks on how much Sanders and Thomas will have in the tank when he gets his chance to start.

Daniel Lasco

Fits the mold of a Saints running back. Much more talented than Tim HIghtower. Could easily take over Mark Ingram's role, imo.

Tyler Irvin

You draft him and hope you can get lucky on the day he returns a kick or hits on a screen pass.

Do not draft:

Leonte Carroo

Edited May 4 by Eminence

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilov80s said:
1. Zeke <pagebreak> 2. Coleman 3. Henry  After that it's a bit of a craphshoot honestly 
In a non-ppr, Im seriously considering Henry at 3 assuming Coleman goes 2nd.  Nice to see I'm not the only one willing to take him that high. I've seen nothing but praise and upside for Henry and lots of ?? on the other WRs regularly ranked higher.

In a non-ppr, Im seriously considering Henry at 3 assuming Coleman goes 2nd.  Nice to see I'm not the only one willing to take him that high. I've seen nothing but praise and upside for Henry and lots of ?? on the other WRs regularly ranked higher.
Henry has looked incredible and his size gives him HUGE touchdown upside.

He'll be the man in Tennessee sooner than later. Looks like a man among boys.

Any more drafts or updated rankings? Moving up Dak, Henry, Washington? Staying bullish on Docston, Shepard, Coleman and Treadwell?

I'm sitting at six and considering Henry and maybe even Dak. Feel like a sucker.

I've been in a dynasty league for a dozen years. Drafted a couple nights ago. Guys who are pretty smart about football. Henry's value skyrocketed recently. I took him at 2, after a bunch of guys payed handsomely to move up to 3 and 4 hoping he'd fall. 

Reaction to Treadwell was lukewarm (I like him more than most). Coleman is an easy early pick still. Thomas going early too, Sheperd even before him. 

Expect Boyd to go early especially with Green looking a little hobbled tonight. 

I took Sharpe with the 11th pick, but I love him more than most and couldn't live with missing out on him. 

GL 

I liked Coleman the most of the top WRs. After that, I have Thomas then Doctson, Shepherd, Sharpe & Treadwell. Coleman went early every time so I was able to get Thomas at 1.04.

In my draft they went

Standard scoring

zeke

colrman

henry

shepard

boyd

booker

sharpe

thomas

treadwell

dixon

howard

perkins

I was surprised at some of these picks too. I took Henry, Shepard(I knew a few owners were gunning for him) and Dotson at 14

Users who are viewing this thread